Zealy Unsecured Personal Loan
Zealy, powered by The Lending People, no longer offers loans directly.
Information here is maintained for reference.
12.99% - 24.99%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Minimum Credit Score
Features and benefits of a Zealy loan
- 60-second decisions. Once you submit your application form you’ll get a response within 60 seconds. This is applicable to both applications made during business hours and after hours.
- Personalised rates. Zealy loans have an interest rate of between 12.99% - 24.99%. The rate you receive will be based on your credit score and current financial situation.
- Overnight payments. Your loan will be credited to your bank account overnight, but in some cases, you may have money in your account the same day you apply.
- Loan amount. You can borrow between $1,000 and $5,000 when you take out a personal loan with Zealy.
- No early repayment penalty. If you pay back your loan early, you won’t be penalised with early settlement fees.
- 100% online. Zealy Unsecured Personal Loans are 100% digital so you don’t need to leave home to sort out your finance.
- Unsecured loans. All Zealy Unsecured Personal Loans are unsecured, so you can still apply even if you don’t have any assets.
- Loan top-ups. As long as you have a good repayment history, you can top up your loan after 6 months.
- Credit Contract Indemnity Insurance (CCI). This optional insurance covers your loan repayments when you are not able to. When an unexpected event such as an accident, terminal illness, disablement, death or redundancy occurs, you can have peace of mind that your payments are taken care of without putting a burden on your family or credit score.
How to apply for a loan from Zealy
Before applying for a Zealy Unsecured Personal Loan, make sure to check the interest rate, fees and features against other comparable lenders. If you meet the eligibility requirements and are ready to start your application, head to the Zealy website and click on ‘Apply Now’.
- Be 22 years of age or older
- Be a New Zealand citizen or resident
- Be employed
- Have an acceptable credit history
- Have a New Zealand Driver’s Licence or passport for ID verification
Information and documentation
When you complete the application form you will be asked to enter your personal details, income and expense information. You will also need to upload a copy of your photo ID.
So that Zealy can verify your income and expenses, you will need to have internet banking and give permission for Zealy to access it. This is done securely using bank-grade technology.
Zealy is not able to see your password or do anything other than view the last 90 days of bank statements.
Zealy does not accept emailed bank statements so if you are not comfortable with your income being electronically verified then a Zealy personal loan may not be for you.
Once you submit your application you will receive a credit decision within 60 seconds. You can then review your loan agreement and sign your contract online from your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
Compare personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.