Westpac hotpoints Mastercard Review
Earn rewards for using your card on everyday purchases.
The Westpac hotpoints Mastercard rewards you for spending while keeping annual account fees low. hotpoints is Westpac’s credit card reward programme, giving you access to a range of products that you can redeem your hotpoints for.
|Product Name||Westpac hotpoints Mastercard|
|Rewards Program||Westpac hotpoints Rewards|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95%|
|Purchase Rate||20.95% APR|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||22.95% APR|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of transaction value or $5, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$8|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance Cover||N/A|
Benefits of the Westpac hotpoints Mastercard
- Earn rewards. For every $1 you spend on your Westpac hotpoints Mastercard you’ll earn 1 hotpoint. Hotpoints can be redeemed for rewards such as merchandise, travel and vouchers. Use the hotpoints calculator on the Westpac website to find out how many hotpoints you can earn based on your average monthly spend.
- Mastercard Priceless Cities. Enjoy special local and global offers on dining, entertainment, shopping and travel with the Mastercard Priceless Cities programme.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 55 interest-free days when you pay off your statement balance in full each month.
- Banlance transfer. If you have an outstanding balance on another credit card, you can apply to have this balance transferred to your new card. If successful, you’ll pay only 5.95% p.a. on that balance until it is paid off in full.
- No international ATM fee. You won’t pay the normal $2 transaction fee when you use your Westpac hotpoints Mastercard at an ATM in the Global ATM Alliance.
Features of the Westpac hotpoints Mastercard
- Interest rate. Standard purchases are subject to an interest rate of 20.95% p.a. An interest rate of 22.95% p.a. applies to cash advances.
- Account fee. The Westpac hotpoints Mastercard has an annual account fee of $44.
- Link your accounts. Link your other Westpac accounts to your credit card so you only need to carry one card with you when you head out and about.
- Monitor your spend. Westpac has a money management app that lets you monitor your spend in real time.
- Contactless payments. In-store payments are faster and more convenient with Mastercard Tap & Go. You’ll just need to enter your PIN if the transaction is $80 or higher.
- Westpac CardGuard. Stay protected from fraudulent activity 24/7 with Westpac CardGuard.
- Card Blocker. If you temporarily misplace your card or believe it has been lost or stolen, you can put a block on it using Card Blocker.
- Globally accepted. Use your Westpac hotpoints Mastercard at over 35 million locations around the world.
How to apply
If you’re ready to apply for the Westpac hotpoints Mastercard, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents outlined below. You can either pop into a branch to fill in an application form, or you can submit a form on the Westpac website.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be receiving an annual income of at least $15,000 per year
For Westpac to be able to approve your application, you will need to prove your identity, income and address. You can expect to be asked for the following documents so make sure to have these ready before you apply.
- Proof of identity: A New Zealand passport or driver’s licence
- Proof of address: A recent utility bill, bank statement or government letter
- Proof of expenses and income: Three months’ of bank statements for your main transaction account where your income is credited.