Sign up to Disney+ to stream hundreds of movies and shows
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to set up Disney+ on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Disney’s new streaming service Disney+ can run on myriad devices. One of those devices is the Amazon Fire TV Stick, its Alexa-enabled media streamer.
Here’s how to access Disney+ using the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Step 1: Set up your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Plug your Fire TV Stick into one of the HDMI ports on your TV.
- Plug your Fire TV Stick’s power cable into a suitable power socket.
- Switch your TV to the appropriate HDMI input.
- Press the home button on the Fire TV Stick remote.
- Follow the prompts to set up the Fire TV Stick and connect it to your wireless network.
Once all that is done, you’ll be ready to start streaming.
Step 2: Install the Disney+ app
- From the Fire TV Stick’s home menu, choose “Search” from the top-left corner and type in “Disney+”.
- Choose the Disney+ app from the list of search results and click the “Get” button using the remote and wait for the app to install.
- Press “Open” to launch the app.
Step 3: Log in to your Disney+ account
- Launch Disney+ on your Fire TV Stick
- If you don’t have a Disney+ account, you can try things out with the free 7-day trial. Afterwards, you can sign up for $12.99/month or $129.99 a for a full year
- Then log in and enjoy the show.
Image source: Disney+ website
More guides on Finder
Disney+ price rise: Save $30 before the subscription hike hits New Zealand
With the addition of a new channel to Disney+, prices are about to rise. This is how you can save money on a subscription.
Disney+ Star New Zealand: Full list of movies and TV shows
Every TV show and movie launching on the new Disney+ Star channel.
How to sign up to DAZN in New Zealand: A step-by-step guide
You’ll be able to watch exciting boxing events within minutes on streaming site DAZN.
Here’s how to take advantage of the Acorn TV free trial
Acorn TV lets you test out the platform free for a week.
TV buying guide: Compare OLEDs, LED TVs, QLEDs and more
How to choose a TV that best suits your needs.
Here is how you can stream Disney+ to the big screen without a smart TV
Enjoy Disney+ even without smart TV.
How to watch the 2021 Australian Open tennis tournament live
The year’s first grand slam tournament is here. This is how you can watch the 2021 Australian Open live in New Zealand.
How to watch Disney+ on an LG TV
LG TVs that run webOS 3.0 or higher can play Disney+ without the need for any other device.
How to watch Disney+: Full list of devices
Wondering which devices are supported by Disney+? We’ve got you covered.
How to set up and watch Disney+ on Samsung TVs
Select Samsung model TVs allow you to download the Disney+ app and begin watching.
Ask an Expert