TSB Visa Classic Credit Card
Transfer your outstanding balance to the TSB Visa Classic and pay 0% interest for the first 6 months.
The TSB Visa Classic is the only credit card currently offered by TSB. It gives you access to credit wherever Visa is accepted and comes with a low card fee of $30 per year.
If you transfer the balance from another bank’s credit card you won’t pay any interest for the first 6 months, and visually impaired customers are able to find their card quickly with braille print on the front of the card.
While you’ll need to have a TSB account to apply for this card, you can easily fill in an application form online to get started.
|Product Name||TSB Visa Classic Credit Card|
|Balance transfer revert rate||18.5%|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||18.5% APR|
|Annual Fee||$30 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||18.5% APR|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of transaction value or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$12|
Benefits of the TSB Visa Classic
- Balance transfer. If you transfer the outstanding balance from other credit cards to your TSB Visa Classic, you’ll pay 0.0% p.a. interest on that balance for the first 6 months. This allows you to consolidate your debt with less interest to be paid.
- Braille print. TSB helps visually impaired customers easily identify their Visa Classic by printing ‘TSB C’ in braille on the card.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you use your TSB Visa Classic.
- Accepted globally. Use your card anywhere in the world where Visa is accepted.
Features of the TSB Visa Classic
- Interest rate. An interest rate of 18.5% p.a. applies to purchases and cash advances using the TSB Visa Classic. A cash advance fee of $2 is charged in New Zealand or $5 for overseas transactions.
- Card fee. A fee of $15 will be charged every 6 months for the first card. Additional or joint cards incur a fee of $2.50 per 6 months.
- Visa payWave. When making purchases in-store at Visa payWave retailers, just tap your card on the machine. Payments are more secure since you don’t need to hand over your card and you’ll only need to enter your PIN if the transaction is $80 or over.
- Fraud protection. Verified by Visa and Visa’s Zero Liability policies help protect you against fraud and remove your liability when terms and conditions are met.
How to apply
If you are wanting to apply for a TSB Visa Classic, you’ll first need to have a TSB account. To open an account, you can download a form from the website and take it into your local branch, or complete an application form online.
To be eligible to open a TSB account online you will need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have a smartphone or computer with a webcam.
To open your TSB account you will need a New Zealand Driver’s Licence or passport.
TSB will also ask you for other documentation while opening your account and applying for the TSB Visa Classic which may include:
- Proof of address: A recent bank statement, utility bill or government letter
- Proof of income: Bank statements and/or payslips
TSB will advise you on exactly what you need during the application process. In some cases, more documents may be required.