Worldcare Travel Insurance provides policies to New Zealand residents who are heading overseas offering both a comprehensive policy for total peace of mind, as well as a budget option suitable for backpackers or anyone who just needs the basics.
What policies does Worldcare Travel Insurance offer?
The GoComprehensive policy is for single trips abroad of up to one year for both individuals and families. It includes extensive insurance cover for medical, dental, terrorism cover, baggage and personal effects, personal liability, cancellation and trip disruption. You can choose between an excess of $250, $100 or $0.
If you just want the basics covered when you head off on a big adventure, the GoBudget policy insures you for basic medical, trip cancellation and personal items, but with less benefit value than the GoComprehensive and GoFreedom policies. You’ll pay less up front with either a $100 or $250 excess, but still have peace of mind that you are insured in case something unexpected happens.
GoFreedom is a multi-trip policy designed for those who take multiple trips over the course of a year and don’t want to worry about getting new insurance cover every time they book a flight. Cover starts when you leave home and is valid for any journey no longer than 60 days. Cancellation cover is included and kicks in as soon as you purchase your policy.
Benefits of Worldcare Travel Insurance
- 24/7 Emergency assistance. Get help from Allianz Partners at any time.
- Medical. Unlimited medical expenses are covered on the GoComprehensive and GoFreedom plans and $250,000 is covered on the GoBudget plan.
- Skiing and snowboarding cover. Included for non-remote or extreme areas as long as you are not competing or training professionally.
- Sporting activities. Recreational sports such as bungee jumping, hot air ballooning, scuba diving, parasailing and white water rafting are automatically included.
- Terrorism cover. Get up to $200,000 for medical treatment as a result of a terrorist attack.
- Dental. Emergency dental treatment cover of $3,000 for injury and $1,000 for pain relief.
- Children. There is no additional charge for dependent children under 21.
- Rental vehicle excess cover. Get up to $5,000 if you have an accident.
- Baggage and personal items. Replacement cover for baggage items under 2 years old and personal items insured for up to $1,500 each.
- Accompanying person. Get up to $15,000 for a support person to join you if you are hospitalised for a period of time.
- Stopovers. All policies include a stopover of up to six days outside your main destination.
Additional options available
You can add cover for high-value items that are above the maximum benefit of $2,500 for an additional premium as well as cover for pre-existing conditions and nil excess.
Worldcare Travel Insurance claims
To make a claim, follow these steps:
- Go to the online claims portal.
- Read travel alerts that may affect your claim.
- Use your policy number and personal details to start.
- Enter details about your trip, what happened and costs involved.
- Upload supporting documents such as invoices, receipts and medical reports.
- Give your bank account number for payment.
Completing your claim online should take around 15-30 minutes. However, you can save your progress and come back at a later time if you don’t have all the details you need. You should hear from a case manager within 10 business days after your claim has been submitted.
Who is eligible for Worldcare Travel Insurance?
The industry standard in New Zealand for taking out travel insurance is that you must be a New Zealand resident, and your journey must start and end in New Zealand. How old you are and pre-existing conditions can sometimes affect the type of cover that you are able to purchase.
If you are unsure if you are eligible for Worldcare Travel Insurance, please contact it directly to find out the specific criteria for each policy.