Check out Chubb Travel Insurance policies and range of add-on packs.
Chubb Travel Insurance provides New Zealanders with a range of policies and add-ons so you can get the coverage you need for your next adventure. You can be connected to Chubb at any time of day or night if you are faced with an emergency while on your journey.
What policies does Chubb Travel Insurance offer?
The Comprehensive plan offers extensive coverage for overseas travel, with the choice between single and multi-trip policies.
The Essential plan has lower benefit limits than the Comprehensive policy but ensures you are covered for all the necessary essentials while you are abroad. You can take out a single trip or multi-trip policy to suit your travel plans.
The Prestige policy gives you the most extensive cover out of all of the Chubb Travel Insurance policies, with higher benefit limits than the Comprehensive plan.
The Chubb Domestic plan is available for those who do a lot of travel within New Zealand and need a multi-trip policy to cover them for a year.
Benefits of Chubb Travel Insurance
- Wi-Fi. Free 7-day trial of the Chubb Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot App when you take out a policy.
- Activities and sports. Activities such as bungee jumping, snorkelling, parasailing, ice skating, camel riding, golf and surfing are already included.
- Pre-existing conditions. Automatic cover for 54 medical conditions without needing to pay an extra premium. Some conditions apply.
- Medical. Unlimited overseas medical expenses with a sub-limit for dental.
- Hospital cover. Up to $200 per day if you are hospitalised for more than 24 hours.
- Counselling. Up to $2,000 for you to seek professional help overseas after being the victim of or have witnessed an act of terrorism or criminal act.
- Phone charges. Up to $500 to cover for phone expenses when speaking with Chubb Travel Insurance.
- Transport and accommodation. Unlimited expenses for additional transport and accommodation due to injury or sickness.
- Death. Up to $25,000 for accidental loss of life, $10,000 for the return of your remains to New Zealand and up to $5,000 to pay off your New Zealand credit card.
- Seniors. Cover for people up to 90 years of age.
Additional options available:
- Cruise Pack. Pay an extra premium if you are going on a cruise and get covered for things like medical costs onboard, cancellation due to injury or illness, luggage and shore excursions.
- Adventure Sports Pack. Get covered for higher-risk sporting activities such as scuba diving, quad biking, white water rafting, trekking up to 4,000 metres, mountain biking and unused adventure sports costs.
- Winter Sports Pack. If you’re going on a winter holiday, the Winter Sports Pack add-on will cover you for your own equipment, hire equipment, piste closure, unused winter sports costs and weather and avalanche closure.
- Golf. Be covered for cancellation expenses, equipment and hole-in-one celebrations.
- Driving Holiday Pack. Includes cover for rental vehicle excess and other driving benefits.
- Increased Electronics Equipment Pack. Increase your per item limit for electronics such as laptops and camera equipment.
- Family Protection Pack. Increased per item limit for car seats, strollers and baby capsules, as well as cover for childcare and education fees in the event of loss of life or disability.
Chubb Travel Insurance claims
To make a claim with Chubb, you can fill in an online claims form that should take around 15 minutes to complete. Claims should be made within 30 days of the incident or as soon as reasonably possible.
You will need to fill in:
- Your policy number and personal details
- Details about the incident and what you are claiming for
- Your bank details
You should have the following documents on hand when you complete the form as you will need to upload them to support your claim:
- Proof of travel
- Medical reports
- Incident reports
- Other relevant documents relevant to your claim
Once you have submitted your claim, you’ll get immediate confirmation from Chubb and then receive SMS updates as your claim is processed.
Who is eligible for Chubb Travel Insurance?
You must be between 18 and 90 years old when you apply for Chubb Travel Insurance. Persons under 18 can be insured but their parent or legal guardian must purchase the policy on their behalf.
You need to have a permanent residence in New Zealand, access to medical care in New Zealand and unrestricted right of entry.
You must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a New Zealand passport
- Be a New Zealand resident
- Be on a partner or spouse visa to be able to stay in New Zealand for at least two years
- Have a skilled working visa (e.g. a 457 visa)
You can not take out Chubb Travel Insurance if you are on a Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand.