Use a promo code to save on worldwide transfers with TransferWise.
TransferWise is an online money transfer specialist aiming to disrupt the industry, offering the exact exchange rate you can see on Google. This is unique among money transfer companies and banks, which normally add a percentage on top of the exchange rate as an extra fee.
If you’re looking at TransferWise for the next time you send money overseas, check out what promo codes are available below.
TransferWise discount codes and coupons
How do I use my TransferWise discount code?
Use your promo code for a discount on TransferWise international money transfer fees.
- Click “Get deal”.
- You’ll be taken to TransferWise’s website.
- Create an account.
- Set up your transfer and receive your discount.
TransferWise pros and cons
- Easy to use. TransferWise’s site is user-friendly and transparent with the fees clearly visible.
- Offers the mid-market rate. You won’t be able to find a better exchange rate than the one offered by TransferWise.
- No minimum transfer amount. This makes it well-suited to smaller transfers that other providers might not allow.
- Bank transfers only. Funds are sent to your recipient’s bank account, with no option for cash pick-ups.
- Limited number of currencies. TransferWise is great for the more popular currencies, but for the less popular currencies, you may need to use another company.
How do TransferWise money transfers work?
- Choose your currencies. Begin the transfer process by selecting the currency you are using (eg, NZD) and the currency your recipient will receive from a drop-down menu.
- Submit your recipient’s information. Enter their personal and financial details, including their bank’s IBAN number.
- Enter your payment info. Confirm the details of your transfer and your payment method.
- Send your money to TransferWise. You’ll be given TransferWise’s account details.
- Your recipient will receive the money. Your transfer will be deposited into your recipient’s bank account.
What forms of payment does TransferWise accept?
If you live in New Zealand, you can use any of these payment methods with TransferWise:
- Debit or credit card. Card payments reach TransferWise immediately.
- Bank transfer. You’ll need to allow for at least three business days for your bank funds to reach TransferWise, depending on the currency.
Your funds are deposited directly into your recipient’s bank account once TransferWise receives your payment.
What is TransferWise’s refund policy?
If you cancel your transfer after you’ve paid TransferWise but before your funds are delivered to your recipient, TransferWise will refund your full amount. Simply reach out to TransferWise as soon as possible to initiate your cancellation and refund.
Looking for other options?
If TransferWise doesn’t sound quite right for you, check out what other money transfer companies can offer.