The Lending People personal loan
Apply for a personal loan of up to $75,000 and get a decision within 60 seconds.
The Lending People finds you the right personal loan by matching your profile to the lending criteria of its loan partners.
You can borrow from $2,000 to $75,000 with an interest rate determined by your financial situation and have up to 7 years to repay.
The entire loan process is online and you can receive conditional approval in just 60 seconds.
6.99% - 26.99%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Minimum Credit Score
Pros and cons
- Decisions in 60 seconds
- Borrow up to $75,000 with up to 7 years to repay
- 100% online process
- Track your application process from your phone
- Interest rates start at 6.99% p.a.
- Your interest rate could be as high as 26.99 p.a.
- A broker fee applies
- Loan fees vary between lenders
- Early repayment fees
Main points to consider with a personal loan from The Lending People
The Lending People acts as a broker that matches your profile with one of its lending partners.
Lenders include NZCU South, Avanti Finance, Financial Holdings, Gem Finance and Geneva Finance.
Using a broker saves you time and removes the need for multiple applications to find the best loan for your circumstances. However, The Lending People charges a broker fee for the service.
Features and benefits of a loan from The Lending People
- Get the best loan for your situation. By connecting with a range of lenders, The Lending People can secure the right loan based on your individual circumstances.
- Interest rates. Interest rates range from 6.99% - 26.99% p.a., and the rate that you get is based on your creditworthiness.
- Loan terms. Loan terms are between one year and seven years, but it’s possible to get a term of up to nine years for loans secured by a property.
- Borrowing amount. You can apply to borrow between $2,000 and $75,000 for a secured personal loan, car purchase or to consolidate debt. Unsecured loans have a maximum of $50,000.
- Fast decisions. Once you submit your application, you’ll receive an answer within 60 seconds.
- 100% online. With a completely online process, you don’t need to leave home to secure the finance that you need. You can digitally sign your loan agreement on your laptop, PC or smartphone.
- Track your application. You can track your application progress through a secure dashboard on your smartphone or computer.
- Bad credit applicants welcome. You may still be approved for a loan with a higher interest rate if you are able to provide security.
How much does the loan cost?
The Lending People uses different lenders to find the right loan for you so the fees you will pay are dependent on what the lender that will supply you with the loan will charge.
Fees can include an establishment fee, monthly account maintenance fees, direct debit fees and security fees. If you decide to repay your loan before the end of the loan term, an early repayment fee will apply.
You’ll also need to factor in a broker fee of between $250 and $995 based on the loan type, amount and how complex your application is.
How to apply for a loan from The Lending People
Before applying for a loan from The Lending People, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and understand the interest rates and fees that may be applicable to your loan.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work visa
- Be in full-time or part-time employment, or self employed
- Earn at least $500 per week
- Not currently bankrupt or in financial hardship
Information and documentation
You will need to supply the following with your application:
- A New Zealand driver’s licence or passport
- A recent payslip
- Bank statements for the last 90 days
- Proof of address
If you are taking out a loan to purchase a vehicle, you will need to supply details such as the make, model, license plate number and year.
If you are applying for a loan to consolidate your debts, you will need settlement statements for each loan, store card or credit card.
You’ll be notified of a decision within 60 seconds. If further assessment is required, you will receive an answer within 60 minutes.