The Lending People car loan
Easily apply online for car loans up to $75,000 with a decision in minutes.
The Lending People finds you the right car loan by matching your profile to the lending criteria of its loan partners.
You can borrow from $2,000 to $75,000 with an interest rate determined by your financial situation and have up to 7 years to repay.
6.95% - 26.95%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Pros and cons
- Decisions in 60 seconds
- Secured, partially secured and unsecured loans available
- Borrow up to $75,000 with up to 7 years to repay
- 100% online process
- Track your application process from your phone
- Interest rates start at 6.95% p.a.
- A broker fee applies
- Early repayment fees
What to consider with a car loan from The Lending People
The Lending People acts as a broker to well-known and respected lenders like NZCU South, Avanti Finance and Gem Finance to help you get the best loan for your circumstances.
The Lending People prides itself on being able to finance anything with an engine including cars, bikes, boats, recreational vehicles, farm machinery, and motor-homes – accepting all credit types and all licence types.
Features and benefits of financing your vehicle with The Lending People
- Find the best loan for your circumstances. By connecting with a range of lenders, The Lending People can secure the right car loan based on your situation
- Interest rates. Interest rates range from 6.95% - 26.95% p.a., and the rate that you get is based on your creditworthiness.
- Loan terms. Loan terms are between one year and seven years, but it’s possible to get a term of up to nine years for loans secured by a property.
- Borrowing amount. You can apply to borrow between $2,000 and $75,000 for a car purchase. Unsecured loans are capped at $50,000.
- Fast decisions. Once you submit your application, you’ll receive a decision in as little as a minute.
- 100% online. With a completely online process, you don’t need to leave home to secure a car loan that you need. You can digitally sign your loan agreement on your laptop, PC or smartphone.
- Track your application. You can track your application progress through a secure dashboard on your smartphone or computer.
- Bad credit applicants welcome. You may still be approved for a loan with a higher interest rate if you are able to provide security.
How much does the loan cost?
The Lending People works with a range of lenders to find the best car loan for you so fees are dependent on the specific loan provider.
These could include an establishment fee, an account maintenance fee, a direct debit fee and/or a security fee. Early repayment fees apply if you pay the full amount before the end of the term.
You may need to factor in a broker fee of up to $995 if you aren’t an existing customer.
How to apply for a loan from The Lending People
Before applying for a loan from The Lending People, check that you meet the eligibility requirements and understand the interest rates and fees that may be applicable to your loan.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be in full-time or part-time employment, or self employed
- Earn at least $500 per week
- Not currently bankrupt or in financial hardship
Information and documentation
You will need to supply the following with your application:
- A New Zealand driver’s licence or passport
- A recent payslip
- Bank statements for the last 90 days
- Proof of address
- Details of the car you are buying, including its make, model, license plate number and year
The Lending People work with a number of lenders to help you get the best car finance for your situation. You can finance a car purchase of up to $75,000 with interest rates starting from as little as 6.95% p.a. If a vehicle loan from the Lending People is right for you, click the Apply Now button below to start your application.