Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Simplify Car Finance Review: Low-Interest Loans
Borrow up to $500,000 with a secured car loan from Simplify and get help finding the best deal for your preferred vehicle.
Online finance company Simplify can make things simple when it comes to applying for either consumer or commercial vehicle finance.
Simplify isn’t a lender itself – it finds you a rate based on your personal circumstances by comparing options from different lenders. This can save you time, plus you will only have one credit check to worry about.
Read on to find out more about Simplify car finance and how you can apply.
Pros and cons
- Instant quotes
- Approval within hours
- Competitive interest rates
- Adverse credit applications welcome
- Must have security
- Minimum loan value $5,000
Main points to consider
Simplify makes applying for car finance easy with instant online quotes and approval within hours. This provider takes away the hassle of searching for the best deal as it compares deals with major lenders and negotiates on your behalf.
- Loan amount. You can borrow a minimum of $5,000 and a maximum of $500,000 for your new vehicle.
- Loan term. Loan terms range from 12 - 60 months.
- Smart Buyer. If you know the type of car that you want or you have a few options in mind, Simplify uses car-compare technology to connect with sellers and dealers. Your account manager will find the right car for you based on your needs and budget, carry out finance and vehicle checks, and manage all documentation. This takes away the hassle of shopping around dealing and trying to haggle, and Simplify can save you money by working with dealers directly.
- Referral scheme. If you refer a friend or family member to Simplify to take out finance or purchase a car, you’ll get a referral fee of $250.
- Volume discounts. Because Simplify provides thousands of loans every month, it is able to pass on volume discounts to its customers.
- Car subscription service. If you just need a car for 3, 6, or 12 months, you can use Simplify’s car subscription service. A weekly payment gives you a car of your choosing from the available list, insurance and roadside assistance. Payments start at $84 a week.
How much does the loan cost?
Simplify car loans come with an interest rate of between 6.5% and 12.95%, and you will be notified of which rate you are eligible for when you receive your quote.
An establishment fee of $100 - $500 will apply, and a broker referral fee of up to $995 may be charged.
How to apply for a loan from Simplify
To apply for a Simplify car loan you must first obtain a quote. You can do this by entering your budget, personal info and make/model of the car you want to buy on the website. You’ll receive your quote in just a few seconds. Once you have your quote reference, you can get in touch with a Simplify consultant to move forward to the next step.
To be eligible for a Simplify car loan you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be earning at least $500 per month
Information and documentation
Once you move forward in the application process, your Simplify consultant will advise you of what information and documents you need to provide. You can expect to be asked for your driver’s licence, proof of address, proof of income and any other applicable documentation.
Simplify is a car loan broker that can help you find the best deal for your new car, with only one credit check. Car finance starts from 6.5% p.a., loan applications are 100% online and approvals are usually within the same day. Simplify has a range of fees if you default on your loan, so make sure you know what these are before applying. You can find their fees list on their website.
More guides on Finder
Finder report: Trends in New Zealand’s automotive market
Finder reports on the changing car-loans landscape, the rise of electric cars and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the vehicle market.
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review. Find out about rates, features and more.
What is a novated lease?
If you want to reduce your taxable income but get something for it, such as your next car, you can consider salary sacrificing it with a novated lease. Find out exactly how it works and if its right for you.
Used car guide: Things to consider when buying a used car
Learn about the used car buying process, including what you need to check on the car and what financing options are available.
Toyota HiLux vs Ford Ranger
Find out which ute, the Ford Ranger or Toyota HiLux comes out on top.
Kiwi Car Loans review
Borrow up to $500,000 for your new vehicle, caravan, boat or motorcycle with a secured or unsecured finance from Kiwi Car Loans.
Car loans for work visa holders
When you’re a temporary resident in New Zealand, you want to see everything, which can be difficult without a car. Luckily there are some lenders that consider car loans for people on a work or study visa. Find out how to apply here.
Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Get the best rate for your circumstances with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance. Answers within two hours.
The Lending People car loan
The Lending People work with a number of lenders to help you get the best car finance for your situation.
Nectar Unsecured Car Loans
Find out how you can get an unsecured Nectar car loan of up to $30,000 with instant approval.