Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
|Product Name||Send International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||NZD 250|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Bank Account to Bank Account|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments, One off payments, Forward contracts|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BGN, BHD, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, INR, JPY, KES, KWD, MXN, NOK, NZD, OMR, PHP, PLN, QAR, RON, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Daily|
|Online Transfer Fee||NZD 0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||NZD 0|
What's in this guide?
- Send exchange rates and fees
- Available currencies
- What types of transfers can you make with Send?
- How long does a transfer with Send take?
- What payment methods does Send accept?
- Is Send safe to use?
- How to register an account
- What is Send?
- In a nutshell
- How does Send compare to other providers?
- Frequently asked questions
Send exchange rates and fees
Send adds a margin on top of the mid-market rate before selling foreign currency to you. However, aside from this exchange rate margin, Send doesn’t charge any other transaction fees.
Calculate how much sending money overseas would cost with Send by using our tool below.
Send allows you to transfer more than 30 currencies, including:
- CAD Canadian dollar
- CNY Chinese yuan
- EUR Euro
- GBP British pound
- INR Indian rupee
- JPY Japanese yen
- AUD Australian dollar
- USD US dollar
You can check out the full list of supported currencies above.
What types of transfers can you make with Send?
Send offers bank account transfers in more than 30 currencies. However, there are a few different options available to help you get the best exchange rate for your transaction. These include:
- Spot contracts. These are one-off transfers made using the best exchange rate currently available. If sending a spot contract, you also have the option of setting up limit and stop orders.
- Forward contracts. These contracts allow you to lock in an exchange rate now for a transaction that will take place up to 12 months in the future.
- Regular payments. You can also ask Send to set up a recurring payment up to 12 months in advance using either a recurring spot contract or a series of forward contracts.
How long does a transfer with Send take?
Send aims to process payments quickly and transfer funds as soon as possible.
The funds you transfer should arrive in your recipient’s account within 24 hours of Send receiving your deposit.
What payment methods does Send accept?
The only way to deposit funds into your Send account is via bank transfer.
Transfers typically take
Is Send safe to use?
- Regulation: Not regulated in New Zealand.
- Established: 2019.
- Reviews: TrustScore of 9.2/10* on Trustpilot from 17 reviews.
- Investors: Novatti Group Limited.
SendFx Pty Ltd is the Australian company behind Send’s global transfer service. Send is not registered or regulated in New Zealand. However, it is regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). It is also a registered remittance provider with the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) and holds an Australian Financial Services Licence.
How does Send make money?
Send makes money by adding a margin on top of the mid-market exchange rate. The mid-market rate is the “real” exchange rate you see listed on Google – it reflects the current value of one currency relative to another on global exchange markets.
How to register an account
You can register for a free Send account by completing the following steps.
What is Send?
Founded in January 2019, Send is a global payments provider with a mission to become the number one destination for overseas transfers. The company specialises in cross-border payment solutions for individuals and small to medium enterprises (SMEs), and aims to offer a concierge-style service to its customers. Its headquarters are located on the Gold Coast.
In a nutshell
- 30+ supported currencies. Send allows you to transfer money to 200 countries in more than 30 different currencies.
- Fee-free transfers. Send doesn’t charge any transaction fees on international money transfers.
- Dedicated account manager. When you register with Send, you’re assigned a dedicated account manager who oversees your account and acts as a point of contact for any questions you may have.
- Multi-currency wallet. You can use your Send digital wallet to manage more than 30 currencies in the one place.
- Can’t transfer small amounts. If you want to send an amount less than $250, you’ll need to consider other transfer services.
- Only one payment method. The only way to pay for your transfer is via bank transfer, so you’ll need to look elsewhere if you want to pay with card or cash.
- New company. As Send was founded in January 2019 and officially launched in May 2019, using the service means accepting the risks associated with being an early adopter.
- Still in development. Some Send features, such as the Send mobile app and Send Visa card, are yet to be launched. A rewards programme, which will allow customers to earn loyalty points with every transfer they make, is also still being developed.
- No New Zealand support. Send’s customer support team is based in Australia. However, Send can be contacted via email for New Zealand-based customers.
How does Send compare to other providers?
To see how Send stacks up against the competition, input your transaction details into the calculator below and then compare the exchange rates and fees offered by a range of money transfer services.