Check out our list of school holiday activities that will keep your children entertained for hours on end. We’ve included both paid and free things to do, and plenty of options that can be fun for adults as well.
Read on to find out more and get started on planning your school holiday itinerary.
Less than $50 | School holiday activities in Wellington
More than $50 | School holiday activities in Wellington
Free things to do in Wellington over the winter school holidays
- Spend an afternoon at The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa and take your time checking out the six levels. Here you can find the world’s largest squid, animal and bird specimens plus New Zealand culture and history exhibits.
- Stroll through Wellington Botanic Garden.
- Find out what free school holiday programs are being run at Wellington City Libraries, or sign your kids up for their own library pass.
- Get those legs working by taking a walk along Oriental Bay and then up Mount Victoria. It may be steep but it feels great when you get to the top.
- Take a tour of Parliament if you have budding politicians in the family. Tours are run between 10am and 4pm daily and you can see the debating chamber, banquet hall, grand hall and more.
- Head out on the Red Rocks Walkway to see the seals. It’s a two-hour walk so make sure you wear comfy shoes and take plenty of water with you.
See the latest Wellington school holiday activities deals