Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Same Day Personal Loans
Find out which lenders can fund a loan today.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of same-day personal loans
- Same-day funding for new and existing customers. This type of personal loan is offered by lenders that can process an application quickly for all customers. Lenders that offer this type of loan are ASB and ANZ.
- Same-day loans for existing customers. This type of personal loan is only offered by some lenders for existing customers. As banks hold more data on existing customers, it’s easier for them to decide whether to loan them money. A lender that offers this type of loan is Kiwibank. Short-term lenders such as Wallet Wizard and Save My Bacon have “Member’s areas” that give you a quicker application process.
- Short-term same-day loans. If you have weighed up your options and are considering a same day personal loan, but don’t have a perfect credit history, a short-term loan might be an option. Compare the loans below.
- Line of credit or overdraft. A personal overdraft or line of credit is another small funding option, usually offered by banks to their existing customers. Overdrafts are attached to your transaction account and allow you to overdraw up to an agreed limit, which you then repay at a variable rate. A line of credit works in the same way but sits in a separate account. It is possible for your bank to organise both options within an hour. BNZ allows you to access a line of credit 24/7. The interest is paid only on the outstanding balance and charged at a variable rate. They allow you to pay off some or all of the overdraft, and it remains in place even if you are not currently using it.
- In-branch applications. Some lenders offer automatic approval and provide same-day funding to customers who apply in-branch. You will need to take a form of identification, bank statements and details of your finances including income, assets, credit accounts and debt. The lender can then verify your documents in person. Instant Finance, for example, offers instant decisions and same-day loan facilities, for people who drop into an Instant Finance branch. This includes secured and unsecured personal loans.
- Same-day loans with personal assets as security. This is a unique personal loan, where lenders allow you to use a valuable asset as security. Assets can include jewellery, gold, watches, antiques, boats, cars and even fine wine collections. The lender usually requires a valuation of the product and then offers a loan amount based on the valued item. These type of loans usually have a quick turnaround time, with some lenders offering the loan on the same day.
Things to consider about same-day loans
Same-day personal loans are a quick and convenient option to access money, but you need to think about your personal financial situation and your ability to pay back the same-day loan before you apply. Also, consider the features of the loan to see if the loan meets your borrowing needs.
It may be worthwhile considering other forms of credit as a possible option. For example, would it be cheaper to put this expense on your credit card or to take out a personal loan?
How to apply for a same-day loan
To apply for any of the same-day personal loans offered on this page, simply follow the secure ‘Go to site’ link to the lender’s website. The eligibility conditions will differ between lenders, but normally, you need to be over the age of 18, a permanent New Zealand citizen or resident and have a good credit rating.
More guides on Finder
- Finder Global Crypto Trading Platform Awards 2023
Find out how major crypto exchanges and brokers fared in 2023’s Global Crypto Trading Platform Awards.
- How to buy Credit Suisse Group (CS) shares
Steps to owning and managing Credit Suisse Group, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
- UltraSafe (ULTRA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on UltraSafe and how the token will perform in the future.
- Threshold Network (T) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Threshold Network and how the token will perform in the future.