Purple Visa credit card
Get rewarded on all of your eligible purchases and enjoy interest-free loan options with the Purple Visa credit card.
The Purple Visa is a no-frills card that comes with a few useful benefits for Kiwis that like to shop at Warehouse Group stores.
You can earn Purple Dollars as you shop to spend at participating retailers and use your card to get long-term finance deals at Noel Leeming and Torpedo7.
The Purple Visa is accepted globally and you can get up to 55 days interest-free purchases, with monthly specials exclusive to cardholders.
|Product Name||Purple Visa Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||22.9% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$55 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$1,500|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Minimum Monthly Payment||3% of transaction value or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits of the Purple Visa
- Earn Purple Dollars. For every $150 you spend on eligible purchases you earn 1 Purple Dollar which is equal to $1. Once you have accumulated Purple Dollars, you can redeem them at participating retailers such as The Warehouse, Noel Leeming and Torpedo7.
- Long-term finance. You can take advantage of long-term finance deals at participating retailers just by using your Purple Visa to make a large purchase. Retailers include Noel Leeming and Torpedo7. For example, at Noel Leeming, you could get 30 or 60 months interest-free depending on current promotions.
- Monthly specials. Purple Visa cardholders have access to monthly specials, such as special discounts at certain retailers.
- Currency conversion fee. The Purple Visa has a 2% overseas currency conversion fee, which is lower than many banks.
Features of the Purple Visa
- Visa PayWave. Wave and go at participating outlets for contactless payments.
- Accepted globally. You can use your Purple Visa anywhere around the world where Visa is accepted.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 55 days interest-free on your credit card purchases.
Fees and charges
- Interest rate. Purchases incur an interest rate of 22.9% p.a. Cash advances have an interest rate of 25.9% p.a.
- Establishment fee. A one-off establishment fee of $55 is charged.
- Annual fee. The Purple Visa has an annual fee of $55.
How to apply
To apply for the Purple Visa, you can complete an application form on the website, which takes around 10 minutes, and you receive an answer within 60 seconds.
Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents and information before starting.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be living in New Zealand
- Be receiving a regular income
- Agree to a credit check
Required documents and information
During the application, you need to have the following on hand:
- A valid passport or driver’s licence
- Your income details
- A summary of your regular expenses
- An email address and phone number.
The bottom line
With a Purple Visa credit card, you can earn Purple Dollars wherever you shop, but you can only spend them at The Warehouse group of stores, for example, Noel Leeming, Torpedo7, and TheMarket. So, you need to be sure this suits your spending. The long term finance deals are also attractive, but make sure you compare it against other credit cards, to make sure it is the right one for you.