Purple Visa credit card
Get rewarded on all of your eligible purchases and enjoy interest-free loan options with the Purple Visa credit card.
The Purple Visa is a no-frills card that comes with a few useful benefits for Kiwis that like to shop at Warehouse Group stores.
You can earn Purple Dollars as you shop to spend at participating retailers and use your card to get long-term finance deals at Noel Leeming and Torpedo7.
The Purple Visa is accepted globally and you can get up to 55 days interest-free purchases, with monthly specials exclusive to cardholders.
|Product Name||Purple Visa Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||22.9% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$55 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$1,500|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of transaction value or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits of the Purple Visa
- Earn Purple Dollars. For every $150 you spend on eligible purchases you’ll earn 1 Purple Dollar which is equal to NZD $1. Once you have accumulated Purple Dollars, you can redeem them at participating retailers such as The Warehouse, Noel Leeming and Torpedo7.
- Long term finance. You can take advantage of long term finance deals at participating retailers just by using your Purple Visa to make large purchases. Retailers include Noel Leeming and Torpedo7 with more being added soon. At Noel Leeming, you could get 30 or 60 months interest-free depending on current promotions.
- Monthly specials. Purple Visa cardholders have access to awesome monthly specials, such as special discounts at certain retailers.
- Currency conversion fee. The Purple Visa has a 2% overseas currency conversion fee, which is lower than many banks.
Features of the Purple Visa
- Visa PayWave. Wave and go at participating outlets for contactless payments.
- Accepted globally. You can use your Purple Visa anywhere around the world where Visa is accepted.
- Interest-free days. Get up to 55 days interest-free on your credit card purchases.
- Interest rate. Purchases incur an interest rate of 22.9% p.a. Cash advances have an interest rate of 25.9% p.a.
- Establishment fee. A one-off establishment fee of $55 will be charged.
- Annual fee. The Purple Visa has an annual fee of $55.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be living in New Zealand
- Be receiving a regular income
- Agree to a credit check
- A valid passport or driver’s licence
- Your income details
- A summary of your regular expenses
- An email address and phone number.
Fees and charges
How to apply
To apply for the Purple Visa, you can complete an application form on the website. This will take around 10 minutes and you’ll receive an answer within 60 seconds.
Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents and information before starting.
Required documents and information
During the application, you will need to have the following on hand:
Compare all credit cards