Pronto Finance personal loan
If you're approved for a loan, you could be paid in as little as nine minutes.
Online-only lender Pronto Finance offers personal loans to a range of eligible applicants across New Zealand. If you’re with a major bank, you could be paid an agreed loan in less than 10 minutes. What’s more, this provider has some competitive rates of interest for borrowers.
Read on to find out what you need to know about Pronto Finance.
11.97% - 29.97%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Minimum Credit Score
Pros and cons
- No early repayment fee
- Can borrow up to $20,000
- Flexible payment options
- Quick loan assessment
- Establishment fee
- Administration fee
- Security is needed for larger loans
About Pronto Finance’s personal loans
Pronto Finance offers both secured loans and small unsecured loans for a range of different purposes. You can commit to repaying your loan each week, fortnight or month. There’s no charge for repaying your loan early, and you will get a personalised interest rate that depends your circumstances.
Features of a Pronto Finance personal loans
A personal loan from Pronto Finance comes with the following important features:
- No penalty for early repayment. You won’t be penalised if you repay your loan early. So, you can reduce the interest charges on your loan by paying more than your regular instalments or by repaying your entire loan early.
- Personalised rate of interest. The rate you are offered on your Pronto Finance personal loan is tailored to your individual ability to repay, and your individual credit risk profile.
- Payment Protection Insurance. Pronto Finance will offer you this short-term income protection as an option. This could cover you for a loan payment if you lose your job or you’re unable to work due to an illness or accident. However, there is no obligation to take this out.
- Flexible loan amount. Loans from Pronto Finance are suited to different borrowing requirements, with the minimum loan amount starting at only $200. You can also borrow for large purchases, with loans capped to a maximum of $20,000.
- Paperless sign-up process. Pronto Finance lets you digitally sign your contract online using your smartphone or computer. You could benefit from a smoother loan application when compared to traditional banks.
How much does a Pronto Finance personal loan cost?
If you apply for a Pronto Finance personal loan, you will be given a fixed interest rate between 11.97% - 29.97%. You may be charged a loan establishment fee between $130 - $330 depending on the size of the loan.
Other fees you may incur include:
- Administration fee of $3.96 per week
- Default fee of $0.97 per day
- Default interest rate of 9.95% on balance in arrears
How to apply for a personal loan from Pronto Finance
It’s easy to apply for a loan with Pronto Finance through their website. But before doing so it’s very important that you read and understand all of the fees and charges which are included with a loan before you make an application.
- Age. You’ll need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency. Only residents of New Zealand can apply.
- Income requirement. There is no explicit minimum income requirement, but Pronto Finance will evaluate your income level as it decides whether you are able to afford a personal loan.
- Credit check. Pronto Finance will run a credit check on all of its loan applications. You’ll only be considered for a personal loan if you’ve shown you’ve managed credit responsibly in the past.
Necessary documents and information
- ID.You’ll need valid photo ID, such as a passport or driver’s licence, to be eligible for Pronto Finance’s loans (18+ cards are not accepted).
- Income verification. You’ll need to verify your income by showing a bank statement with your last 90 days of transactions.
- Loan security. For secured loans, Pronto Finance will require you to have a vehicle with a current WoF and registration. It also can’t have any money owing on it. Your vehicle will be used to guarantee the loan.
Pronto Finance offers personal loans between $200 and $20,000. Interest rates range from 11.97% - 29.97% and are based on your creditworthiness. Upon signing your contract you can expect funds in your account within nine minutes if you’re with a major NZ bank. For more options, compare other lenders in the table below to decide which loan is right for you.
Frequently asked questions
Compare personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.