12% off site-wide
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
14 plus size clothing stores you need to know about 2021
Ditch the boring and bring on the fabulous. Here are the coolest stores for plus-sized fashionistas.
Ladies with fuller figures no longer need to have a hard time finding sexy, on-trend styles to complement their curves. If you’re seeking out trendy pieces that actually fit, here are our favourite stores to shop sassy, fun and fierce plus size fashion online.
Styling tips for fashion perfection
- Highlight your assets: Do you have creamy-porcelain skin or a golden sun-kissed glow? Brave bright jewel-tones to contrast and emphasize your amazing colouring. If your skin tone is more middle-ground, give earthy tones a try. They’ll complement your gorgeous complexion. And don’t be afraid to show some skin! If you’ve got a great set of pins, show them off. And for those of you who love your neckline and shoulders, choose an off-the-shoulder number.
- Don’t blindly follow trends: Despite what some people will tell you, not all trends are for everyone. The trick is picking a style that works for you, and forgetting the ones that don’t.
- Accessorise: Statement jewellery and shoes are a girl’s best friends. Accessories can make an outfit pop and turn even a thrown-together number into a look that is in style and fabulous.
- Get the size right: That goes for underwear, too. Feeling great in an outfit is 90% fit. Choose underwear that you’re comfortable in and looks good under clothes, and don’t be afraid of tight-fitting garments! If your purchase doesn’t fit perfectly, but you love it anyway, why not take it to a dressmaker?
- Know your measurements: This is a key factor for online shoppers. Sizes vary dramatically from one store to the next, and even if you’ve converted from international sizes, knowing your exact measurements will always help you buy the right fit first time. Most reputable online fashion stores offer detailed size guides featuring measurement guidelines in inches or centimetres.
Awesome plus-size fashion bloggers for some serious #styleinspo
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Who: Meagan Kerr is a 36-year-old Māori woman. Her blog entries are all about self-love, the power of positivity, fabulous fashion and “life as a fat chick”. Think inside scoop on plus-size fashion movements, inspo for buying on a budget and body empowerment.
Frocks and Frou Frou
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Who: Lilli is an Australian girl living, loving and blogging about her fashion finds. She has a soft spot for “silly shoes” and stand-out bags. Her loves (and blog material) also stretch to recipes, hair ideas, and accessories.
Location: New York City, USA
Who: Blogging since 2010, Nadia Aboulhosn has been called the plus-size Kim Kardashian, and her famous figure’s been modelled for American Apparel and Addition Elle. She’s even launched an exclusive line with boohoo, offering stylish and affordable looks.
Location: Auckland, NZ
Who: Monique Doy is an Auckland based fashion stylist working with women sizes 14+. Her main mantra is to wear your personality and she’ll help you look at your wardrobe through brand new eyes. Think bold, bright, big and beautiful.
Dos and Don’ts of shopping online for plus-size clothes
- Check the returns policy. One of the biggest pitfalls when shopping online is getting the right size. Do yourself a favour and check the return policy before you click “Confirm”.
- Seek out the size guide. Forget the number – sizes will vary from retailer to retailer so make sure you know your measurements and double-check the size guide before you buy. Our dress size conversion charts can help you get an idea of where you are before you start shopping.
- Check the reviews. One of the best things about shopping online is being able to read reviews from other shoppers who have bought the same item (how great would that be in real life!). It’s especially helpful for features you might not be able to pick up on the screen, such as the feel of the fabric or the true colour of the garment.
- Hold onto it because it might fit “one day”. Forget it. If it doesn’t look great, and you can’t get it adjusted by a tailor, send it back and move on with your life! Plenty more fish in the fashion sea…
- Stick to the rules. Stylists love to bandy about rules for plus-size girls, like “keep to black” or “no big prints’” Dress to look good, not to look slim. If it looks good, wear it.
- Be scared of tight-fitting styles. Embrace your body shape and showcase it. Loose-fitting clothes will often swamp a large frame and hide your best assets.
The list: which plus size fashion retailers are best for…?
Get it cheaper: Plus size clothing deals and discounts:
More guides on Finder
Cute couples Halloween costumes to dress up in 2021
Need some Halloween costume inspiration? We’ve found the most unique and easy costume ideas for couples this Halloween.
25 cheap and easy Halloween costumes you can whip up at home
Make these easy Halloween costumes with stuff you already have or with minimal cost!
The best group costumes for Halloween 2021
Looking for some killer costumes for your squad this Halloween? We’ve got all the best ideas to make your group the life of the party.
12 sexy Halloween costumes to spice up the party 2021
Want to look hot this Halloween? Here are the best and sexiest Halloween costume ideas that you need to rock this year.
A beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency ETFs
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
Where to buy Pop It fidget toys 2021
Wondering what all the fuss is about? Get in on the new craze keeping little (and big) fingers busy this year.
NZ Spring fashion trends to try in 2021
If you’re looking to update your spring wardrobe, keep these trends in mind.
Father’s Day gift guide 2021: Up to 75% off
Our complete guide to the best Father’s Day gifts. Thanks Dad!
Afterpay Day August 2021 sale: Sale on now!
Another Afterpay Day has started! Throughout Afterpay Day, get huge savings from THE ICONIC, Boohoo, Glassons & more.
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.