Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Zealy Unsecured Personal Loan
No need to wait around for an answer. Zealy will tell you if you are approved or not within 60 seconds.
Powered by The Lending People, Zealy provides online unsecured personal loans to New Zealanders. Being 100% online, the loan process is quick and stress-free, and you can enjoy lower fees since there are no shopfronts or high overheads to take into consideration.
Whether you are looking for a personal loan for car repairs, travel, dental work, home renovations, pet care or to buy an engagement ring for that special someone, Zealy offers unsecured loans of up to $10,000 with 36 months to pay.
Thanks to instant processing and 60-second decisions at any time of day or night, you’ll know straight away whether your loan has been approved.
Compare personal loans from Zealy
Features and benefits of a Zealy loan
- 60-second decisions. Once you submit your application form you’ll get a response within 60 seconds. This is applicable to both applications made during business hours and after hours.
- Personalised rates. Zealy loans have an interest rate of between 12.99% - 24.99%. The rate you receive will be based on your credit score and current financial situation.
- Overnight payments. Your loan will be credited to your bank account overnight, but in some cases, you may have money in your account the same day you apply.
- Loan amount. You can borrow between $1,000 and $5,000 when you take out a personal loan with Zealy.
- No early repayment penalty. If you pay back your loan early, you won’t be penalised with early settlement fees.
- 100% online. Zealy Unsecured Personal Loans are 100% digital so you don’t need to leave home to sort out your finance.
- Unsecured loans. All Zealy Unsecured Personal Loans are unsecured, so you can still apply even if you don’t have any assets.
- Loan top-ups. As long as you have a good repayment history, you can top up your loan after 6 months.
- Credit Contract Indemnity Insurance (CCI). This optional insurance covers your loan repayments when you are not able to. When an unexpected event such as an accident, terminal illness, disablement, death or redundancy occurs, you can have peace of mind that your payments are taken care of without putting a burden on your family or credit score.
How to apply for a loan from Zealy
Before applying for a Zealy Unsecured Personal Loan, make sure to check the interest rate, fees and features against other comparable lenders. If you meet the eligibility requirements and are ready to start your application, head to the Zealy website and click on ‘Apply Now’.
- Be 22 years of age or older
- Be a New Zealand citizen or resident
- Be employed
- Have an acceptable credit history
- Have a New Zealand Driver’s Licence or passport for ID verification
Information and documentation
When you complete the application form you will be asked to enter your personal details, income and expense information. You will also need to upload a copy of your photo ID.
So that Zealy can verify your income and expenses, you will need to have internet banking and give permission for Zealy to access it. This is done securely using bank-grade technology.
Zealy is not able to see your password or do anything other than view the last 90 days of bank statements.
Zealy does not accept emailed bank statements so if you are not comfortable with your income being electronically verified then a Zealy personal loan may not be for you.
Once you submit your application you will receive a credit decision within 60 seconds. You can then review your loan agreement and sign your contract online from your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
Read more on this topic
Loan Hub Personal Loan Borrow up to $50,000 with interest rates starting at 9.95% p.a. with a Loan Hub personal loan.
Finance Direct Personal Loan If you’re self-employed, talk to Finance Direct about a low-doc loan.
The Lending People personal loan The Lending People matches your profile with its lending partners to find the right loan for your situation. Decisions in 60 seconds.
GrabaLoan Personal Loan Review When you take out a GrabaLoan personal loan, you can get up to $3,000 of revolving credit.
Max Loans: From personal to car loans, and more Rather than applying to different lenders to find the right loan, Max Loans does all the hard work for you.
Pioneer Finance: Secured loans for personal, car, business use and more Borrow up to $100,000 with a Pioneer Finance loan and repay over a loan term of up to 7 years.
Loan Spot Personal Loans Find out how you can get the best loan agreement for your circumstances with a Loan Spot personal loan.
Teensy Loans Review Teensy personal loans allow you to borrow up to $5,000. Cash and payday loans are also available.
Oxford Finance: Vehicle, Personal and Business Loans If you’re looking for a personal, vehicle or business loan, Oxford Finance provides simple and affordable finance solutions.
ANZ personal loans With the ability to borrow up to $40,000 for a loan term of up to 7 years, ANZ personal loans are worth considering for debt consolidation, vehicle finance or a dream holiday.