TSB Personal Loans
A personal loan from TSB can be used for any purpose, with loans that start at just $1,000. You can choose your repayment term with loans from one year through to five years.
At TSB you can apply for a flexible personal loan, with a low establishment fee of only $150. The bank offers one attractive rate and loans over a term from one to five years. You can make additional payments on your loan without paying any charges.
Active in New Zealand since 1850, TSB offers a solid personal loan which can be used for debt consolidation too. Loans are typically approved within two working days.
Types of personal loans from TSB
TSB offers a single personal loan product which you can use for different purposes, including:
- Personal loan. Apply for the personal loan product from TSB for any requirement, whether you need to finance travel, education or a home renovation. You can borrow as little as $1,000 and up to $30,000 if you need to.
- Debt consolidation. The interest rate on offer from TSB is a reasonable rate and you may find that it is lower than what you are currently paying on your existing loans, in which case a personal loan from TSB can be used to consolidate your other debts into a cheaper, single loan.
- Vehicle financing. With a maximum loan amount of $30,000 your TSB personal loan can be used to finance the purchase of a new or used vehicle. You have up to five years to repay the amount you borrowed to purchase your car.
- Personal overdraft. TSB also offers a personal overdraft product if you hold a bank account with TSB. A personal overdraft is a good alternative if you want to borrow less than $1,000 and plan on repaying the borrowed amount quickly.
Features of a TSB personal loan
Here are the most important features of personal loans from TSB:
- Fixed rate. TSB offers a single interest rate which is fixed for the life of your loan so you know your monthly repayment will always be the same for as long as you are repaying your loan.
- Repayment flexibility. Choose from weekly, fortnightly and monthly instalments when you apply. Loan terms are between one year and five years, depending on how quickly you want to repay your loan, and the bank’s criteria.
- Choice of loan sizes. You do not need to take out a large loan with TSB if you do not need one, loans start from as little as $1,000. However TSB can assist you with bigger financial requirements too, you can borrow as much as $30,000 if you meet eligibility criteria.
What other products does TSB offer?
You can get a range of other personal banking needs met at TSB, including all the usual banking products and services such as:
- Bank accounts. TSB offers the full range of personal bank accounts, including accounts for everyday banking and accounts that can help you save.
- Credit card. Apply for the TSB Visa Classic credit card if you are looking for a straightforward credit card with all the essential features, including contactless payments.
- Home loans. A TSB home loan can assist you with buying as well as refinancing. Some applicants can qualify with less than 20% in deposit, with first time buyers considered for loans with as little as 10% for a deposit.
- Investment products. Whether you are saving for retirement via KiwiSaver or are looking to get a solid interest rate on a term deposit consider the range of products on offer at TSB.
- Foreign currencies. TSB can help you make payments in many different currencies and also offers products for travellers, including a prepaid currency card and travellers cheques.
- Insurance products. The bank offers insurance products that cover risks including home, travel, life and motor insurance.
How to apply for a personal loan from TSB
The TSB personal loan product is straightforward. Compare what TSB offers to the options you have at other banks and lenders in New Zealand. If you think the TSB personal loan provides you with the best deal, contact TSB to start your application.
- NZ resident. You can apply if you are a citizen of New Zealand, or a permanent resident.
- Income. TSB does not publish a minimum income requirement but will evaluate your ability to repay your loan, including your income, as part of the approval process.
- Credit record. Your credit history will be checked and you will only be approved if you pose an acceptable credit risk.
Necessary documents and information
- ID. If you are a new customer you will be requested to provide proof of ID such as a passport or driving license.
- Income. Your ability to meet payments is an important lending criteria so you need to be able to supply proof of your income, and details about the source of your income.
Compare alternative personal loans in New Zealand
Read more on this topic
Max Loans: From personal to car loans, and more Rather than applying to different lenders to find the right loan, Max Loans does all the hard work for you.
Pioneer Finance: Secured loans for personal, car, business use and more Borrow up to $100,000 with a Pioneer Finance loan and repay over a loan term of up to 7 years.
Loan Spot Personal Loans Find out how you can get the best loan agreement for your circumstances with a Loan Spot personal loan.
Teensy Loans Review Teensy personal loans allow you to borrow up to $5,000. Cash and payday loans are also available.
Oxford Finance: Vehicle, Personal and Business Loans If you’re looking for a personal, vehicle or business loan, Oxford Finance provides simple and affordable finance solutions.
ANZ personal loans With the ability to borrow up to $40,000 for a loan term of up to 7 years, ANZ personal loans are worth considering for debt consolidation, vehicle finance or a dream holiday.
BNZ Personal Loans If you’re an existing BNZ customer, a BNZ personal loan gives you flexibility when it comes to managing your finances.
Kiwibank Personal Loans When you take out a Kiwibank personal loan, all profits stay in New Zealand. Find out more about interest rates, loan terms and features.
Nectar Personal Loan Review Find out how you can get instant approval and funds in your account the same day with an unsecured Nectar personal loan.
Pronto Finance Personal Loan Review If you're approved for a loan, you could be paid in as little as nine minutes.