Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Teensy Loans Review
From $400 to $5,000 loans, Teensy provides a fast online process when you need access to extra funds.
Cash and payday loans are available for amounts under $1,500 or you can apply for a personal loan with a maximum limit of $5,000.
Teensy’s loan process is managed completely online without the need to go into an office or speak to someone on the phone.
Once you fill in an application form, upload your ID and verified your income, you could have money in your account on the same day if approved.
Features and benefits of a Teensy loan
- No early repayment penalty. If you pay off your Teensy loan before the end of the loan term, you won’t be penalised with early repayment fees.
- Fast processing. New applications are reviewed within 60 minutes or less during operating hours.
- 100% online process. Teensy loans are managed 100% online so you don’t need to leave home to apply or sign your contract. The latest software is used to make the process as seamless as possible.
- Same day payouts. If you sign your loan documents before 4pm, you could have funds in your account on the same day.
- Flexible repayments. Choose the loan term that suits you based on the conditions of your loan type and set your payment schedule according to when you receive your salary or wages.
Types of loans Teensy offers
- Cash loans. If you are looking to borrow between $1,000 and $1,400, a Teensy Cash Loan may be suitable. This type of loan can be used for unexpected large bills or expenses with up to 52 weeks to pay it back. Interest is calculated at 39.95% p.a.
- Personal loans. A Teensy Personal Loan can be used when you need to borrow between $1,500 and $5,000. Repayment terms are from 12 months to 2 years and interest rates range between 22.95% - 29.95% per annum. Loans can be unsecured or secured with a home or vehicle. If you do have security, you may be able to borrow more at a lower interest rate.
How to apply for a loan from Teensy
Before applying for a Teensy loan, carefully consider the amount you want to borrow and the associated interest rate and loan term. You should also make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements and have the appropriate documentation.
Teensy will use your income, weekly expenses and credit history to calculate how much you can borrow, and if you are applying for a personal loan, your interest rate.
- Be at least 22 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or be a permanent resident (for cash and payday loans)
- Be in full-time employment or receive a full time benefit
- Have a minimum income of $500 per week, after tax
- You can comfortably afford repayments after deducting your living costs from your income.
Anyone that is self-employed or who has their main income coming from IRD or Student Allowance is not eligible for a payday or personal loan.
Information and documentation
When you apply, you will need to provide your personal information and how much you want to borrow. You can upload a copy of your valid photo ID such as a New Zealand Driver’s Licence or passport to verify your identity.
You will also need to verify your income so that Teensy can confirm that you have the ability to pay back your loan. This is done by securely sharing your internet banking so that Teensy can view your accounts.
More guides on Finder
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review. Find out about rates, features and more.
Finance Bloom secured personal loan review
Finance Bloom secured personal loan review. Find out about rates, features and more.
Finance Bloom business loan review
Broker Finance Bloom can help you get a secured or unsecured loan to help your business bloom.
How to transfer money from a credit card to a bank account
Find out how to transfer money from a credit card to your bank account, and what fees you might pay.
Boat loan calculator
Find out how much you could borrow for your next boat loan. Calculate your repayments on a secured or unsecured personal loan.
Review: Interactive Brokers online share trading broker
Interactive Brokers offers some of the lowest brokerage fees on the market, but there are caveats you need to be wary of.
Kiwi Car Loans review
Borrow up to $500,000 for your new vehicle, caravan, boat or motorcycle with a secured or unsecured finance from Kiwi Car Loans.
ScotPac business finance review
Access business, trade or invoice finance for businesses of all sizes from ScotPac.
Purple Visa credit card
Use the Purple Visa to get long term finance deals and earn rewards on eligible purchases.
Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Get the best rate for your circumstances with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance. Answers within two hours.