Teensy Loans Review
From $400 to $5,000 loans, Teensy provides a fast online process when you need access to extra funds.
Cash and payday loans are available for amounts under $1,000 or you can apply for a personal loan with a maximum limit of $5,000.
Teensy’s loan process is managed completely online without the need to go into an office or speak to someone on the phone.
Once you fill in an application form, upload your ID and verified your income, you could have money in your account on the same day if approved.
Compare loans from Teensy
Features and benefits of a Teensy loan
- No early repayment penalty. If you pay off your Teensy loan before the end of the loan term, you won’t be penalised with early repayment fees.
- Fast processing. New applications are reviewed within 60 minutes or less during operating hours.
- 100% online process. Teensy loans are managed 100% online so you don’t need to leave home to apply or sign your contract. The latest software is used to make the process as seamless as possible.
- Same day payouts. If you sign your loan documents before 4pm, you could have funds in your account on the same day.
- Flexible repayments. Choose the loan term that suits you based on the conditions of your loan type and set your payment schedule according to when you receive your salary or wages.
Types of loans Teensy offers
- Payday loans. When you need a little cash boost in between paydays, a Teensy Payday Loan can provide you with $400–$900. This short term loan arrangement is repayable in up to six weeks with interest calculated at 292% p.a.
- Cash loans. If you are looking to borrow between $1,000 and $1,400, a Teensy Cash Loan may be suitable. This type of loan can be used for unexpected large bills or expenses with up to 52 weeks to pay it back. Interest is calculated at 39.95% p.a.
- Personal loans. A Teensy Personal Loan can be used when you need to borrow between $1,500 and $5,000. Repayment terms are from 6 months to 2 years and interest rates range between 22.95% - 29.95% per annum. Loans can be unsecured or secured with a home or vehicle. If you do have security, you may be able to borrow more at a lower interest rate.
How to apply for a loan from Teensy
Before applying for a Teensy loan, carefully consider the amount you want to borrow and the associated interest rate and loan term. You should also make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements and have the appropriate documentation.
Teensy will use your income, weekly expenses and credit history to calculate how much you can borrow, and if you are applying for a personal loan, your interest rate.
- Be at least 22 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or be a permanent resident (for cash and payday loans)
- Be in full-time employment or receive a full time benefit
- Have a minimum income of $500 per week, after tax
- You can comfortably afford repayments after deducting your living costs from your income.
Anyone that is self-employed or who has their main income coming from IRD or Student Allowance is not eligible for a payday or personal loan.
Information and documentation
When you apply, you will need to provide your personal information and how much you want to borrow. You can upload a copy of your valid photo ID such as a New Zealand Driver’s Licence or passport to verify your identity.
You will also need to verify your income so that Teensy can confirm that you have the ability to pay back your loan. This is done by securely sharing your internet banking so that Teensy can view your accounts.
Read more on this topic
Pioneer Finance: Secured loans for personal, car, business use and more Borrow up to $100,000 with a Pioneer Finance loan and repay over a loan term of up to 7 years.
Loan Spot Personal Loans Find out how you can get the best loan agreement for your circumstances with a Loan Spot personal loan.
Oxford Finance: Vehicle, Personal and Business Loans If you’re looking for a personal, vehicle or business loan, Oxford Finance provides simple and affordable finance solutions.
ANZ personal loans With the ability to borrow up to $40,000 for a loan term of up to 7 years, ANZ personal loans are worth considering for debt consolidation, vehicle finance or a dream holiday.
BNZ Personal Loans If you’re an existing BNZ customer, a BNZ personal loan gives you flexibility when it comes to managing your finances.
Kiwibank Personal Loans When you take out a Kiwibank personal loan, all profits stay in New Zealand. Find out more about interest rates, loan terms and features.
Nectar Personal Loan Review Find out how you can get instant approval and funds in your account the same day with an unsecured Nectar personal loan.
Pronto Finance Personal Loan Review If you're approved for a loan, you could be paid in as little as nine minutes.
Loans for people on a pension Receiving a pension shouldn't stop you from getting a loan. Find out what loan options you have whether you're using Kiwisaver or getting NZ Super.
Loans for dental work If you don't have the money to pay for the dentist, why not consider a dental loan? Read this guide to find out what options you have to cover the costs of dental work, including surgery, and what lenders are available.