Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Pioneer Finance: Secured loans for personal, car, business use and more
Borrow from $1,000 to $100,000 with a fixed interest rate for up to 7 years.
Providing loans to New Zealanders for over 24 years, Pioneer Finance prides itself on finding the right loan solution for its customers.
As well as fast and friendly service, personalised interest rates, flexible repayments and loan terms of up to seven years, this lender is often able to pay out the same day or within 24 hours.
Pioneer Finance has offices in Auckland and Wellington but is able to serve Kiwis all over the country with online loan applications and approvals.
Whether you are looking for a loan for home renovations, a family event, an overseas trip, a new car, business expenses or to consolidate existing debts, read on to find out more about Pioneer Finance secured loans.
Types of loan Pioneer Finance offers
Pioneer Finance has four types of loan on offer:
- Personal loan. A Pioneer Finance personal loan has a fixed interest rate for the life of the loan and can be used for unexpected expenses, home renovations, travel, family events and more.
- Debt consolidation loan. If you have multiple debts, a debt consolidation loan combines these into one easy to manage loan.
- Vehicle loan. Before buying a new car, you can apply for a vehicle loan with competitive interest rates.
- Business loan. For help with existing business expenses or to get a business up and running, Pioneer Finance offers short term or long term business loans.
All loans are secured, meaning that you will have to sign an asset such as your property or car as collateral.
Even though Pioneer Finance offers loan terms of up to 7 years, you will only be able to have a term of this length if you use property as security.
You can take out a loan for four years if you have a vehicle that is less than 10 years old, or 3 years for vehicles 10-17 years old.
If you don’t have security for a loan, you may be able to take out an unsecured loan through Whiterock Finance, Pioneer Finance’s sister company.
Features and benefits of a Pioneer Finance loan
- Flexible loan terms. Loan terms of up to 7 years are available depending on what you use as security, with the ability to make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You can change your payment date at any time.
- Fixed rate. The interest rate you are allocated when you apply for the loan will stay the same for the length of your loan.
- Bad credit applicants welcome. Even if you have a bad credit history, you may be successful in applying for a loan if you have security and can afford the repayments. In some cases, a guarantor may be required.
- Range of interest rates. Interest rates range from 11.95% - 27.95% p.a., and the rate you receive will depend on your level of risk, credit history and security offered. If you have a low level of risk and a good credit rating, you may receive a lower interest rate for your loan.
- Same day approvals. In many cases, loans are approved and paid out on the same business day, provided all information and documentation is received in a timely manner.
What other products does Pioneer Finance offer?
- Bridging finance. If you need a short term loan of up to 12 months, bridging finance may be suitable. This is an interest-only loan that uses your property as security and can be used for things like property renovations and marketing costs before selling your home.
- Payment Protection Insurance. Adding Payment Protection Insurance to your loan means that your repayments are covered in the event that you are unable to make them yourself.
How to apply for a loan from Pioneer Finance
Before applying, make sure to check the loan terms against other comparable lenders. When you are ready to begin your application, you can do so by clicking on ‘Apply for a loan’ on the Pioneer Finance website.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, but some applicants may be eligible with a work visa
- Have a regular source of income, either salary/wages, self-employment or a benefit
Please note that some applicants under 21 may need a guarantor to be approved.
Information and documentation
You will be asked to provide further information to support your personal loan application, and these can differ from person to person based on individual circumstances. Some documents that you may be asked for include:
- Two forms of photo ID – your passport or driver’s licence plus another form
- Bank statements for the last three months
- Proof of address – a utility bill, government letter or bank statement
- Vehicle insurance if you are taking out a loan for a new car
- Home loan statement if you are using your home as security
Pioneer Finance is often able to pay out the loan on the same business day you apply, so make sure that you have the right documents ready to go.
More guides on Finder
Boat loan calculator
Find out how much you could borrow for your next boat loan. Calculate your repayments on a secured or unsecured personal loan.
Kiwi Car Loans review
Borrow up to $500,000 for your new vehicle, caravan, boat or motorcycle with a secured or unsecured finance from Kiwi Car Loans.
ScotPac business finance review
Access business, trade or invoice finance for businesses of all sizes from ScotPac.
The Lending People car loan
The Lending People work with a number of lenders to help you get the best car finance for your situation.
The Lending People personal loan
The Lending People matches your profile with its lending partners to find the right loan for your situation. Decisions in 60 seconds.
Sprint Finance car loan
Borrow up to $50,000 for a new vehicle with the right lender for your personal circumstances.
Business vehicle finance
If you’re looking for a car for your business, compare your finance options and get your business on the road with the right loan.
Simplify Car Finance Review: Low-Interest Loans
Borrow up to $500,000 with a secured car loan from Simplify, and get help finding the best deal for your preferred vehicle .
$1000 cash loans
Don’t stress if you need $1,000 cash urgently. Consider applying for a loan from a payday lender for a fast financial solution.
Business loans for sole traders
It can be hard for sole traders to get finance. This guide will take you through the types of loans available to sole traders and how to compare loans to find the right one for you.