Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Oxford Finance: Vehicle, Personal and Business Loans
If you’re looking for a personal, vehicle or business loan, Oxford Finance provides simple and affordable finance solutions.
Part of the Turners Automotive Group, Oxford Finance helps Kiwis and SMEs with straightforward financial solutions.
This provider has three branches in New Zealand, but you can apply for a vehicle, personal or business loan and be approved online. Depending on the type of loan you need, you may be able to borrow up to $100,000 with interest rates ranging from 7.95% - 20.95%.
Types of loan Oxford Finance offers
Oxford Finance provides vehicle, personal and business loans.
Interest rates range from 7.95% - 20.95%. The rate that you will be offered is based on factors such as:
- Your credit score and credit history
- Personal profile
- Type of security provided and its value
Additional fees may apply, including registration a caveat over a property, early repayment and modifications to your loan contract.
If you are looking to buy a new car, motorbike or motorhome, an Oxford Finance vehicle loan may be able to help you get your hands on that new set of wheels.
You can purchase a vehicle from a dealer or a private seller, but the vehicle must be insured for theft and accidental damage at a minimum.
A personal loan from Oxford Finance can provide much-needed funds for anything from booking in that dream holiday to consolidating debt.
Whether you are looking for lease finance, property finance, working capital or funds for business equipment or stock, an Oxford Finance business loan can provide you with up to $100,000. Applications are welcome from sole traders and start-ups.
Features and benefits of an Oxford Finance loan
- Simple application. Applying for an Oxford Finance loan is a simple process.
- Flexible payments. With an Oxford Finance loan, you can choose a repayment schedule to suit. Weekly, fortnightly or monthly options are available.
- Loan terms. Loan terms range from 12-60 months. You can pay the loan off sooner if you are able to, but be aware that you may be charged early settlement fees.
- Security. Security for your Oxford Finance loan can be a car, boat or property, or a third party guarantee may be possible for business loans.
- Pre-approval. If you haven’t found the vehicle or boat that you want yet, you can apply for pre-approval so that you can shop with confidence. Pre-approvals are valid for 14 days.
- Fee transparency. Oxford Finance provides a schedule of fees on its website so you can understand what charges you may be subject to.
What other products does Oxford Finance offer?
As well as personal, vehicle and business loans, Oxford Finance also provides insurance products including:
- Car insurance
- Mechanical breakdown insurance
- Payment protection insurance
- Guaranteed asset protection
- Payment waiver
Payment waiver can be taken out at an additional cost to your premium and will clear the balance of your loan in certain situations such as terminal illness, redundancy or death.
How to apply for a loan from Oxford Finance
To apply for a loan you can either contact Oxford Finance by phone or apply online. By applying online, you can get an idea of what your repayments will be by using the loan calculator to choose the loan value and loan term.
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or resident
- Be receiving an income
If you are not 23 years old, you may apply for a loan with a parent co-borrower.
Business loans generally require a guarantor in order to be approved.
Information and documentation
When you apply, you will need to provide the following information and documentation:
- What income you receive
- Regular expenses such as rent/mortgage, utility bills, insurance
- Credit history
- Details of what you will be using as security for the loan
- Photo ID
- Proof of address
Once Oxford Finance has received your application, you will find out if your loan has been approved within one business day.
More guides on Finder
Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Get the best rate for your circumstances with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance. Answers within two hours.
The Lending People personal loan
The Lending People matches your profile with its lending partners to find the right loan for your situation. Decisions in 60 seconds.
Business vehicle finance
If you’re looking for a car for your business, compare your finance options and get your business on the road with the right loan.
Simplify Car Finance Review: Low-Interest Loans
Borrow up to $500,000 with a secured car loan from Simplify, and get help finding the best deal for your preferred vehicle .
Insurance cover for apartments
If you’re looking for insurance cover for an apartment, here’s the ultimate guide to finding comprehensive and affordable contents cover.
Buying a petrol station
Buying a petrol station? Here’s how to find the right business and petrol station loans to finance your purchase.
How banks assess a business loan application
Want to be approved for a business loan from a bank? This is how a bank will assess your application.
Everything you need to know about funding the purchase of a small business
Find out how to achieve your small business dreams by getting funding to buy a small business.
Bad credit business loans
Your sketchy credit history doesn’t have to lead you to a dead end, and a bad credit business loan could help you get back in the black.
Invoice financing can be an effective way to provide consistent cash flow without high-interest rates and uncertainty of other loans. Find out if it’s right for you.