Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Oxford Finance: Vehicle, Personal and Business Loans
If you’re looking for a personal, vehicle or business loan, Oxford Finance provides simple and affordable finance solutions.
Part of the Turners Automotive Group, Oxford Finance helps Kiwis and SMEs with straightforward financial solutions.
This provider has three branches in New Zealand, but you can apply for a vehicle, personal or business loan and be approved online. Depending on the type of loan you need, you may be able to borrow up to $100,000 with interest rates ranging from 7.95% – 25.95%.
Types of loan Oxford Finance offers
Oxford Finance provides vehicle, personal and business loans.
Interest rates range from 7.95% to 25.95%. The rate that you will be offered is based on factors such as:
- Your credit score and credit history
- Personal profile
- Type of security provided and its value
Additional fees may apply, including registration a caveat over a property, early repayment and modifications to your loan contract.
If you are looking to buy a new car, motorbike or motorhome, an Oxford Finance vehicle loan may be able to help you get your hands on that new set of wheels.
You can purchase a vehicle from a dealer or a private seller, but the vehicle must be insured for theft and accidental damage at a minimum.
A personal loan from Oxford Finance can provide much-needed funds for anything from booking in that dream holiday to consolidating debt.
Whether you are looking for lease finance, property finance, working capital or funds for business equipment or stock, an Oxford Finance business loan can provide you with up to $100,000. Applications are welcome from sole traders and start-ups.
Features and benefits of an Oxford Finance loan
- Simple application. Applying for an Oxford Finance loan is a simple process.
- Flexible payments. With an Oxford Finance loan, you can choose a repayment schedule to suit. Weekly, fortnightly or monthly options are available.
- Loan terms. Loan terms range from 12-60 months. You can pay the loan off sooner if you are able to, but be aware that you may be charged early settlement fees.
- Security. Security for your Oxford Finance loan can be a car, boat or property, or a third party guarantee may be possible for business loans.
- Pre-approval. If you haven’t found the vehicle or boat that you want yet, you can apply for pre-approval so that you can shop with confidence. Pre-approvals are valid for 14 days.
- Fee transparency. Oxford Finance provides a schedule of fees on its website so you can understand what charges you may be subject to.
What other products does Oxford Finance offer?
As well as personal, vehicle and business loans, Oxford Finance also provides insurance products including:
- Car insurance
- Mechanical breakdown insurance
- Payment protection insurance
- Guaranteed asset protection
- Payment waiver
Payment waiver can be taken out at an additional cost to your premium and will clear the balance of your loan in certain situations such as terminal illness, redundancy or death.
How to apply for a loan from Oxford Finance
To apply for a loan you can either contact Oxford Finance by phone or apply online. By applying online, you can get an idea of what your repayments will be by using the loan calculator to choose the loan value and loan term.
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or resident
- Be receiving an income
If you are not 23 years old, you may apply for a loan with a parent co-borrower.
Business loans generally require a guarantor in order to be approved.
Information and documentation
When you apply, you will need to provide the following information and documentation:
- What income you receive
- Regular expenses such as rent/mortgage, utility bills, insurance
- Credit history
- Details of what you will be using as security for the loan
- Photo ID
- Proof of address
Once Oxford Finance has received your application, you will find out if your loan has been approved within one business day.
More guides on Finder
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review. Find out about rates, features and more.
Finance Bloom secured personal loan review
Finance Bloom secured personal loan review. Find out about rates, features and more.
Finance Bloom business loan review
Broker Finance Bloom can help you get a secured or unsecured loan to help your business bloom.
How to transfer money from a credit card to a bank account
Find out how to transfer money from a credit card to your bank account, and what fees you might pay.
Boat loan calculator
Find out how much you could borrow for your next boat loan. Calculate your repayments on a secured or unsecured personal loan.
Purple Visa credit card
Use the Purple Visa to get long term finance deals and earn rewards on eligible purchases.
Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Get the best rate for your circumstances with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance. Answers within two hours.
Cash Converters personal loans
With stores across the country, as well as an online application option, this well-known lender is easily accessible.
Kiwibank Platinum Visa credit card
The Kiwibank Platinum Visa gives you an interest rate of 13.95% p.a., overseas travel insurance and a credit limit of up to $20,000.
Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa credit card
The Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa has low fees and travel rewards. Find out how to apply here.