Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Oxford Finance: Vehicle, Personal and Business Loans
If you’re looking for a personal, vehicle or business loan, Oxford Finance provides simple and affordable finance solutions.
Part of the Turners Automotive Group, Oxford Finance helps Kiwis and SMEs with straightforward financial solutions.
This provider has three branches in New Zealand, but you can apply for a vehicle, personal or business loan and be approved online. Depending on the type of loan you need, you may be able to borrow up to $100,000 with interest rates ranging from 8.95% - 21.95%.
Types of loan Oxford Finance offers
Oxford Finance provides vehicle, personal and business loans.
Interest rates range from 8.95% - 21.95%. The rate that you will be offered is based on factors such as:
- Your credit score and credit history
- Personal profile
- Type of security provided and its value
Additional fees may apply, including registration a caveat over a property, early repayment and modifications to your loan contract.
If you are looking to buy a new car, motorbike or motorhome, an Oxford Finance vehicle loan may be able to help you get your hands on that new set of wheels.
You can purchase a vehicle from a dealer or a private seller, but the vehicle must be insured for theft and accidental damage at a minimum.
A personal loan from Oxford Finance can provide much-needed funds for anything from booking in that dream holiday to consolidating debt.
Whether you are looking for lease finance, property finance, working capital or funds for business equipment or stock, an Oxford Finance business loan can provide you with up to $100,000. Applications are welcome from sole traders and start-ups.
Features and benefits of an Oxford Finance loan
- Simple application. Applying for an Oxford Finance loan is a simple process.
- Flexible payments. With an Oxford Finance loan, you can choose a repayment schedule to suit. Weekly, fortnightly or monthly options are available.
- Loan terms. Loan terms range from 12-60 months. You can pay the loan off sooner if you are able to, but be aware that you may be charged early settlement fees.
- Security. Security for your Oxford Finance loan can be a car, boat or property, or a third party guarantee may be possible for business loans.
- Pre-approval. If you haven’t found the vehicle or boat that you want yet, you can apply for pre-approval so that you can shop with confidence. Pre-approvals are valid for 14 days.
- Fee transparency. Oxford Finance provides a schedule of fees on its website so you can understand what charges you may be subject to.
What other products does Oxford Finance offer?
As well as personal, vehicle and business loans, Oxford Finance also provides insurance products including:
- Car insurance
- Mechanical breakdown insurance
- Payment protection insurance
- Guaranteed asset protection
- Payment waiver
Payment waiver can be taken out at an additional cost to your premium and will clear the balance of your loan in certain situations such as terminal illness, redundancy or death.
How to apply for a loan from Oxford Finance
To apply for a loan you can either contact Oxford Finance by phone or apply online. By applying online, you can get an idea of what your repayments will be by using the loan calculator to choose the loan value and loan term.
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or resident
- Be receiving an income
If you are not 23 years old, you may apply for a loan with a parent co-borrower.
Business loans generally require a guarantor in order to be approved.
Information and documentation
When you apply, you will need to provide the following information and documentation:
- What income you receive
- Regular expenses such as rent/mortgage, utility bills, insurance
- Credit history
- Details of what you will be using as security for the loan
- Photo ID
- Proof of address
Once Oxford Finance has received your application, you will find out if your loan has been approved within one business day.
Read more on this topic
MTF Finance loans Borrow from $2,000 to $100,000 for a new vehicle, a holiday, renovations or business purposes with a secured loan from MTF Finance.
Loan Hub Personal Loan Borrow up to $50,000 with interest rates starting at 9.95% p.a. with a Loan Hub personal loan.
Finance Direct Personal Loan If you’re self-employed, talk to Finance Direct about a low-doc loan.
The Lending People personal loan The Lending People matches your profile with its lending partners to find the right loan for your situation. Decisions in 60 seconds.
Zealy Unsecured Personal Loan Find out in 60 seconds or less if you are approved for a Zealy personal loan.
GrabaLoan Personal Loan Review When you take out a GrabaLoan personal loan, you can get up to $3,000 of revolving credit.
Max Loans: From personal to car loans, and more Rather than applying to different lenders to find the right loan, Max Loans does all the hard work for you.
Pioneer Finance: Secured loans for personal, car, business use and more Borrow up to $100,000 with a Pioneer Finance loan and repay over a loan term of up to 7 years.
Loan Spot Personal Loans Find out how you can get the best loan agreement for your circumstances with a Loan Spot personal loan.
Teensy Loans Review Teensy personal loans allow you to borrow up to $5,000. Cash and payday loans are also available.