MyFinance Personal Loans
With loans starting from just $1,000, you’ll get treated like a real person when you apply for a MyFinance personal loan.
Offering fast approval times and competitive rates, MyFinance prides itself on treating customers like real people without the muck around or third degree. This provider is based in Auckland but lends to Kiwis all around the country, with applications completed online and friendly phone service during the processing of your loan.
Whether you are looking for a loan for personal reasons, a new car or to consolidate your debts, MyFinance strives to make your experience smooth, fast and stress-free.
Compare MyFinance loans
Types of personal loans from MyFinance
- Personal loans. You can take out a MyFinance personal loan for a number of reasons. You may be planning a dream holiday, needing to pay for school fees, organising a wedding or starting some home renovations.
- Car finance. MyFinance provides loans of up to $50,000 for the purchase of cars, boats, campervans and motorcycles. You can choose your new vehicle first before applying for a loan, or get pre-approval before you start shopping.
- Debt consolidation. If you’re having trouble keeping track of different repayments for credit cards, hire purchases or loans, you can consolidate your debts with a MyFinance loan. This allows you to take charge of your finances with only one provider, one payment schedule to worry about, and often less fees and interest.
Features of a MyFinance personal loan
Personal loans from MyFinance can be a flexible option for managing your finance. Here are the main features of a MyFinance personal loan.
- Fuss-free finance. Most loans are processed within one hour and funds sent to your account quickly.
- Transparency in fees. All possible fees are listed on the MyFinance website so you can understand all administration costs and what you might be charged if you default on your payments.
- Competitive interest rates. Once your application has been approved, you will be offered the most competitive interest rate based on your individual circumstances.
- Flexible payment options. Choose a loan term between six months and four years and either weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments to tie in with when you receive your salary or wages.
- Bad credit applicants welcome. MyFinance understands that not everyone has a perfect credit history. You are still welcome to apply and your application will be strengthened if you are able to provide a guarantor or co-borrower.
- Loan security. You can use property, vehicles or boats to secure your loan.
How to apply for a loan from MyFinance
If you are ready to apply for a personal loan, make sure to check the MyFinance terms against other comparable lenders and that you are able to provide the requested information and documentation. You can complete the application form on the MyFinance website and one of the loan managers will contact you regarding the next steps.
To be eligible for a MyFinance personal loan you must be at least 18 years old and a New Zealand resident. If you are applying for vehicle finance, you will need to hold a restricted or full New Zealand driver’s licence.
Information and documentation
When you complete the online application you will be asked for the following:
- Personal and contact details
- Driver’s licence type and number
- Relationship status
- How long you have lived at your address
- Employment and income information
- Whether you own a car or home
- Any additional information to support your application
When a MyFinance loan manager contacts you to discuss your application, you will be asked to provide documentation to verify who you are and your income.
Read more on this topic
Pioneer Finance: Secured loans for personal, car, business use and more Borrow up to $100,000 with a Pioneer Finance loan and repay over a loan term of up to 7 years.
Loan Spot Personal Loans Find out how you can get the best loan agreement for your circumstances with a Loan Spot personal loan.
Teensy Loans Review Teensy personal loans allow you to borrow up to $5,000. Cash and payday loans are also available.
Oxford Finance: Vehicle, Personal and Business Loans If you’re looking for a personal, vehicle or business loan, Oxford Finance provides simple and affordable finance solutions.
ANZ personal loans With the ability to borrow up to $40,000 for a loan term of up to 7 years, ANZ personal loans are worth considering for debt consolidation, vehicle finance or a dream holiday.
BNZ Personal Loans If you’re an existing BNZ customer, a BNZ personal loan gives you flexibility when it comes to managing your finances.
Kiwibank Personal Loans When you take out a Kiwibank personal loan, all profits stay in New Zealand. Find out more about interest rates, loan terms and features.
Nectar Personal Loan Review Find out how you can get instant approval and funds in your account the same day with an unsecured Nectar personal loan.
Pronto Finance Personal Loan Review If you're approved for a loan, you could be paid in as little as nine minutes.
Loans for people on a pension Receiving a pension shouldn't stop you from getting a loan. Find out what loan options you have whether you're using Kiwisaver or getting NZ Super.