Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Max Loans: From personal to car loans, and more
Rather than applying to different lenders to find the right loan, Max Loans does all the hard work for you.
Whether you are looking for a loan for a new car, that dream holiday, home renovations or unexpected bills, Max Loans offers loans tailored to each individual. It welcomes applications from Kiwis that may have trouble getting finance elsewhere.
Max Loans is not a direct lender but acts as a broker to find you the right loan for your needs. It works to understand your unique situation and then negotiates with its pool of lenders to organise a loan agreement to suit.
This removes the hassle of talking to different lenders yourself and having a mark made on your credit file for every application you make.
Loans available from Max Loans
Max Loans has a range of loan options to suit the needs of different individuals:
- Secured personal loan. If you have a vehicle or property, you can apply for a secured personal loan to pay for anything that you need.
- Unsecured personal loan. An unsecured personal loan doesn’t need an asset to be held as collateral, but it does have stricter lending criteria.
- Debt consolidation loan. If you are struggling to keep on top of your debt, you can apply for a debt consolidation loan. This can pay off credit cards, store finance, personal loans or other debts so you have one loan and one repayment to worry about. You may also save on interest and fees to pay off your debt faster.
- Emergency loan. You can use an emergency loan to pay for unexpected bills that come up such as medical expenses, funeral costs, vet bills or car repairs.
- Holiday loan. If you’re planning a dream holiday but don’t have the funds to book everything now, a holiday loan can help with booking tickets when you see a deal that you like.
- Home renovation loan. With a home renovation loan, you can borrow $50,000 unsecured or up to $100,000 secured without needing to refinance your mortgage, as it is treated as a completely separate loan.
- Wedding loan. There are a lot of costs involved when planning a wedding, so a wedding loan can help you to pay for things like your wedding dress, venue and catering.
- Car loan. You can apply for a car loan if you have already found your dream car through a private seller or dealer, or if you want pre approval before you start shopping. All licence types are considered and loan terms can be extended to up to seven years.
- Classic car loan. While many major lenders won’t finance classic car purchases, Max Loans has been working with car enthusiasts for many years. You can take out a loan to buy a classic car through a private seller, dealer or auction.
Features and benefits of a Max Loans loan
- Higher chance of approval. Through having access to a range of lenders, you have a higher chance of getting approved when applying with Max Loans.
- No early repayment penalty. If you want to pay back your loan before the end of the loan term, you may not need to pay a penalty depending on which lender Max Loans has arranged your loan through.
- Range of loan terms. Max Loans offers loan terms between 12 months and 7 years.
- Flexible repayments. Max Loans will work with you to find a repayment schedule that suits your budget. Interest rates are assigned based on your credit and financial profile, so if you have a good credit rating, you may end up with a lower interest rate.
You can use the loan calculator on the Max Loans website to work out how much you can borrow based on what you can afford to pay, or find out what the repayments will be based on your desired loan amount and loan period.
Note that this loan calculator includes fees and uses a 17.95% interest rate and your actual rate may be higher or lower.
What other products does Max Loans offer?
Max Loans offers business loans for purchasing assets, expanding your business or for extra cash flow during difficult times. It works with lenders to negotiate the best loan based on your unique situation.
You must have been trading for at least six months and have a minimum monthly income of $6,000.
Max Loans also has a mortgage business called Max Mortgages. Home loans are available for buying a first home, building, investment properties and for buying land.
Max Mortgages works to find the right loan agreement through a range of lenders and negotiates on your behalf.
How to apply for a loan from Max Loans
Before applying for a loan with Max Loans, make sure to compare the terms against other comparable lenders in the table below and that you meet the eligibility criteria. If you wish to proceed with your application, go to the Max Loans website and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Once you have submitted your application, an account manager from Max Loans will contact you to let you know the outcome or ask for additional information. If approved, your loan will be paid out as quickly as possible.
A guarantor may be required for some applicants.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Earn $400 or more a week
Information and documentation
The online application takes around 10 minutes to complete and you’ll be asked to enter details about where you live, your employer, income and any assets you own.
You will need to send Max Loans a copy of your photo ID and bank statements for the last two months.
Further documentation and information may be required depending on the type of loan you are applying for and your financial profile. Your Max Loans account manager will advise you on what is needed.
Compare alternative personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review. Find out about rates, features and more.
Finance Bloom secured personal loan review
Finance Bloom secured personal loan review. Find out about rates, features and more.
Finance Bloom business loan review
Broker Finance Bloom can help you get a secured or unsecured loan to help your business bloom.
Used car guide: Things to consider when buying a used car
Learn about the used car buying process, including what you need to check on the car and what financing options are available.
Kiwi Car Loans review
Borrow up to $500,000 for your new vehicle, caravan, boat or motorcycle with a secured or unsecured finance from Kiwi Car Loans.
ScotPac business finance review
Access business, trade or invoice finance for businesses of all sizes from ScotPac.
Car loans for work visa holders
When you’re a temporary resident in New Zealand, you want to see everything, which can be difficult without a car. Luckily there are some lenders that consider car loans for people on a work or study visa. Find out how to apply here.
Mint Finance business loans
Need to purchase equipment, manage cashflow or expand your business? Borrow up to $2,000,000 with a loan from Mint Finance.
Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Get the best rate for your circumstances with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance. Answers within two hours.