Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Instant Finance personal loans
Instant Finance is an independent lender with an extensive branch network, a good option if you want to sit down and talk about your loan.
For a branch-based borrowing experience, look at Instant Finance. The lender provides a flexible personal loan product which you can apply for online, or at any of the over 20 branches across New Zealand.
Established for over 45 years, Instant Finance has branches on both the North Island and the South Island. The company offers secured and also unsecured loans, you can apply for loans to cover a lot of different needs including home and car repairs as well as debt consolidation and tax payments.
Types of personal loans from Instant Finance
Whatever you need the funds for, you can apply for a loan at Instant Finance. Here are some of the types of loans Instant Finance can help you with.
- Unsecured personal loan. You can apply for a personal loan at Instant Finance without posting any collateral. The lender will evaluate your ability to repay and quote an interest rate based on your credit history.
- Secured personal loan. When you apply for a personal loan you also have the option to offer your own home or another asset as security, such as a boat, as collateral in which case the lender may offer you better lending terms including a lower interest rate.
- Car loan. Instant Finance offers car loans which you can use to finance the purchase of a new car. You can borrow over a term of three months all the way up to three years.
Features of an Instant Finance personal loan
With many branches around the country Instant Finance can offer a personal service, with loans including these features:
- In-branch service. Visit any one of the over 20 branches of Instant Finance to personally discuss your borrowing requirements.
- Fast online applications. Alternatively, you can also apply online using the straightforward Instant Finance application form. The company will respond quickly and request any further information it needs to complete your application.
- Variable establishment fees. Small loans carry a lower establishment fee than larger loans, so you are charged a set-up fee consummate to the amount you are borrowing. Establishment fees range from $95 to $495.
- Flexible repayment period. You can select a repayment period as short as three months, or as long as three years, subject to the Instant Finance lending criteria.
- Choice of loan amounts. Instant Finance can help you with a quick cash loan for a small amount, or with a larger loan that helps you to finance the purchase of a high-priced asset.
- Welcomes a variety of circumstances. If you are a beneficiary, self-employed or on a work visa you can apply for an Instant Finance loan.
What other products does Instant Finance offer?
Instant Finance provides a number of other consumer finance products, including:
- MYHome homeware and finance. Purchase a range of homeware including appliances through Instant Finance’s MYHome service, which includes the option to arrange a loan to pay for your purchases.
- Personal and vehicle insurance. Instant Finance can help you obtain insurance for a range of personal risks as well motor vehicle and breakdown insurance.
- Easy Driver used cars and finance. You can find help purchasing a used car and get finance too via Easy Driver, a subsidiary of Instant Finance.
How to apply for a personal loan from Instant Finance
Compare the rates Instant Finance offers with rates available from other lenders using the table at the bottom of this page. If you think Instant Finance offers the best deal for you, go to the lender’s website to apply online or visit a branch.
- Age minimum. You need to be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Residency. You must be resident in New Zealand as a permanent resident or citizen, or have a valid work permit.
- Minimum income. Instant Finance does not publish a minimum income requirement, but the company will evaluate your ability to repay the amount you are applying to borrow.
- Credit file. You’re more likely to be approved if you have a clear credit file, free of missed payments.
Necessary documents and information
- Proof of identification. Once you’ve applied you will need to supply valid photo ID and proof of address.
- Security on offer. The application form includes a question on what security you can offer as collateral for the loan, including vehicles or your home.
- Bank statements. Instant Finance will request bank statements once your application has been assessed.
- Full income details. Include details on your source of income including the name of your employer.
Compare alternative personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
What is Compound Finance?
We explore how to use Compound Finance for lending and borrowing.
Checklist for moving to Australia
Take the headache out of migration with these checklists and have a smart, stress free move.
Migrant banking: Opening a bank account in Australia
Having an Australian bank account is crucial in order to access and manage your funds in your new home country.
Starting a business in Australia
Moving to Australia and looking to start a business? Here’s how to go about it.
Long and short term accommodation in Australia
Take the stress out of relocating your life to Australia by discovering the ins and outs of finding somewhere to live when you arrive in Australia early.
The best places to live in Australia
Choosing where to live when you move to Australia is a crucial decision. We’ve put together this handy guide to living in Australia’s capital cities to help you make the right choice.
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review
Finance Bloom secured vehicle finance review. Find out about rates, features and more.
Finance Bloom secured personal loan review
Finance Bloom secured personal loan review. Find out about rates, features and more.
Credit cards vs buy now pay later
Both buy now pay later plans and credit cards give you ways to pay off purchases over time – here’s how they compare.
Finance Bloom business loan review
Broker Finance Bloom can help you get a secured or unsecured loan to help your business bloom.