Instant Finance Personal Loans
Instant Finance is an independent lender with an extensive branch network, a good option if you want to sit down and talk about your loan.
For a branch-based borrowing experience, look at Instant Finance. The lender provides a flexible personal loan product which you can apply for online, or at any of the over 20 branches across New Zealand.
Established for over 45 years, Instant Finance has branches on both the North Island and the South Island. The company offers secured and also unsecured loans, you can apply for loans to cover a lot of different needs including home and car repairs as well as debt consolidation and tax payments.
Types of personal loans from Instant Finance
Whatever you need the funds for, you can apply for a loan at Instant Finance. Here are some of the types of loans Instant Finance can help you with.
- Unsecured personal loan. You can apply for a personal loan at Instant Finance without posting any collateral. The lender will evaluate your ability to repay and quote an interest rate based on your credit history.
- Secured personal loan. When you apply for a personal loan you also have the option to offer your own home or another asset as security, such as a boat, as collateral in which case the lender may offer you better lending terms including a lower interest rate.
- Car loan. Instant Finance offers car loans which you can use to finance the purchase of a new car. You can borrow over a term of three months all the way up to three years.
Features of an Instant Finance personal loan
With many branches around the country Instant Finance can offer a personal service, with loans including these features:
- In-branch service. Visit any one of the over 20 branches of Instant Finance to personally discuss your borrowing requirements.
- Fast online applications. Alternatively, you can also apply online using the straightforward Instant Finance application form. The company will respond quickly and request any further information it needs to complete your application.
- Variable establishment fees. Small loans carry a lower establishment fee than larger loans, so you are charged a set-up fee consummate to the amount you are borrowing.
- Flexible repayment period. You can select a repayment period as short as three months, or as long as three years, subject to the Instant Finance lending criteria.
- Choice of loan amounts. Instant Finance can help you with a quick cash loan for a small amount, or with a larger loan that helps you to finance the purchase of a high-priced asset.
What other products does Instant Finance offer?
Instant Finance provides a number of other consumer finance products, including:
- MYHome homeware and finance. Purchase a range of homeware including appliances through Instant Finance’s MYHome service, which includes the option to arrange a loan to pay for your purchases.
- Personal and vehicle insurance. Instant Finance can help you obtain insurance for a range of personal risks as well motor vehicle and breakdown insurance.
- Easy Driver used cars and finance. You can find help purchasing a used car and get finance too via Easy Driver, a subsidiary of Instant Finance.
- Age minimum. You need to be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Residency. You must be resident in New Zealand as a permanent resident or citizen, or have a valid work permit.
- Minimum income. Instant Finance does not publish a minimum income requirement, but the company will evaluate your ability to repay the amount you are applying to borrow.
- Credit file. You’re more likely to be approved if you have a clear credit file, free of missed payments.
Necessary documents and information
- Proof of identification. Once you’ve applied you will need to supply valid ID.
- Security on offer. The application form includes a question on what security you can offer as collateral for the loan, including vehicles or your home.
- Bank statements. Instant Finance will request bank statements once your application has been assessed.
- Full income details. Include details on your source of income including the name of your employer.
Compare alternative personal loans in New Zealand
Read more on this topic
ANZ Personal Loans With the ability to borrow up to $40,000 for a loan term of up to 7 years, ANZ personal loans are worth considering for debt consolidation, vehicle finance or a dream holiday.
BNZ Personal Loans If you’re an existing BNZ customer, a BNZ personal loan gives you flexibility when it comes to managing your finances.
Kiwibank Personal Loans When you take out a Kiwibank personal loan, all profits stay in New Zealand. Find out more about interest rates, loan terms and features.
Nectar Personal Loans Find out how you can get instant approval and funds in your account the same day with an unsecured Nectar personal loan.
Stadium Finance Personal Loans Stadium Finance personal loans have interest rates starting at 9.95% and approval within 24 hours. Find out how you can apply.
Pronto Finance Personal Loan Review If you're approved for a loan, you could be paid in as little as nine minutes.
Loans for people on a pension Receiving a pension shouldn't stop you from getting a loan. Find out what loan options you have whether you're using Kiwisaver or getting NZ Super.
Compare dental loans If you don't have the money to pay for the dentist, why not consider a dental loan? Read this guide to find out what options you have to cover the costs of dental work, including surgery, and what lenders are available.
Compare financing options for legal fees Discover nine different ways to finance your legal fees and common costs to expect.
Personal loan fees explained We break down exactly what a lender could charge you for, how much you could expect to pay and which fees you can avoid altogether.