This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
Instant Finance Personal Loans
Instant Finance is an independent lender with an extensive branch network, a good option if you want to sit down and talk about your loan.
For a branch-based borrowing experience, look at Instant Finance. The lender provides a flexible personal loan product which you can apply for online, or at any of the over 20 branches across New Zealand.
Established for over 45 years, Instant Finance has branches on both the North Island and the South Island. The company offers secured and also unsecured loans, you can apply for loans to cover a lot of different needs including home and car repairs as well as debt consolidation and tax payments.
Types of personal loans from Instant Finance
Whatever you need the funds for, you can apply for a loan at Instant Finance. Here are some of the types of loans Instant Finance can help you with.
- Unsecured personal loan. You can apply for a personal loan at Instant Finance without posting any collateral. The lender will evaluate your ability to repay and quote an interest rate based on your credit history.
- Secured personal loan. When you apply for a personal loan you also have the option to offer your own home or another asset as security, such as a boat, as collateral in which case the lender may offer you better lending terms including a lower interest rate.
- Car loan. Instant Finance offers car loans which you can use to finance the purchase of a new car. You can borrow over a term of three months all the way up to three years.
Features of an Instant Finance personal loan
With many branches around the country Instant Finance can offer a personal service, with loans including these features:
- In-branch service. Visit any one of the over 20 branches of Instant Finance to personally discuss your borrowing requirements.
- Fast online applications. Alternatively, you can also apply online using the straightforward Instant Finance application form. The company will respond quickly and request any further information it needs to complete your application.
- Variable establishment fees. Small loans carry a lower establishment fee than larger loans, so you are charged a set-up fee consummate to the amount you are borrowing.
- Flexible repayment period. You can select a repayment period as short as three months, or as long as three years, subject to the Instant Finance lending criteria.
- Choice of loan amounts. Instant Finance can help you with a quick cash loan for a small amount, or with a larger loan that helps you to finance the purchase of a high-priced asset.
What other products does Instant Finance offer?
Instant Finance provides a number of other consumer finance products, including:
- MYHome homeware and finance. Purchase a range of homeware including appliances through Instant Finance’s MYHome service, which includes the option to arrange a loan to pay for your purchases.
- Personal and vehicle insurance. Instant Finance can help you obtain insurance for a range of personal risks as well motor vehicle and breakdown insurance.
- Easy Driver used cars and finance. You can find help purchasing a used car and get finance too via Easy Driver, a subsidiary of Instant Finance.
- Age minimum. You need to be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Residency. You must be resident in New Zealand as a permanent resident or citizen, or have a valid work permit.
- Minimum income. Instant Finance does not publish a minimum income requirement, but the company will evaluate your ability to repay the amount you are applying to borrow.
- Credit file. You’re more likely to be approved if you have a clear credit file, free of missed payments.
Necessary documents and information
- Proof of identification. Once you’ve applied you will need to supply valid ID.
- Security on offer. The application form includes a question on what security you can offer as collateral for the loan, including vehicles or your home.
- Bank statements. Instant Finance will request bank statements once your application has been assessed.
- Full income details. Include details on your source of income including the name of your employer.
Compare alternative personal loans in New Zealand
More guides on Finder
Kiwi Car Loans review
Borrow up to $500,000 for your new vehicle, caravan, boat or motorcycle with a secured or unsecured finance from Kiwi Car Loans.
ScotPac business finance review
Access business, trade or invoice finance for businesses of all sizes from ScotPac.
Car finance for work visa holders
When you’re a temporary resident in New Zealand, you want to see everything, which can be difficult without a car. Luckily there are some lenders that consider car loans for people on a work or study visa. Find out how to apply here.
Understanding money – a young person’s guide
Our teenagers’ guide to money answers some common questions about money and finance.
20 top money tips for students
Be smart with your money while you get your qualification with these top student money tips.
Payday loans in Auckland
We look at payday loans available in Auckland, including which lenders are based here, alternatives to payday lenders.
Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Get the best rate for your circumstances with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance. Answers within two hours.
Cash Converters personal loans
With stores across the country, as well as an online application option, this well-known lender is easily accessible.
What is DeFi? Beginner’s guide to decentralised finance
Confused about DeFi? Find out how it works in this easy-to-read guide.
Flight Centre Mastercard
Earn Flight Centre Rewards and take advantage of long term finance deals for big-ticket purchases at participating retailers.