Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Finance Direct Personal Loan
Secured loans starting from 6.49% p.a. from a Kiwi lender
Finance Direct has over 20 years’ experience in providing loans to New Zealanders. As well as being a non-bank lender, Finance Direct launched the peer-to-peer platform Lending Crowd in 2015.
This provider offers loans for personal, auto and debt consolidation use and aims to keep the loan process as simple as possible for its customers.
Compare personal loans from Finance Direct
Features and benefits of a Finance Direct loan
- Secured loans. All Finance Direct loans require either full or partial security with a home, property or boat.
- Options for bad credit. If you have bad credit, it still might be possible to get approved with a higher interest rate and guarantor.
- Fixed interest rate. The rate you are given when you sign your loan agreement will not change over the course of your loan term.
- Loans for self-employed. If you are self-employed, Finance Direct may be able to help you get the finance that you need.
Types of loan Finance Direct offers
- Personal loan. A Finance Direct Personal Loan comes with flexible financing terms and a fixed interest rate starting from 6.49% p.a. You can use a personal loan for debt consolidation, unpaid bills, a dream holiday or something else.
- Auto loan. An auto loan from Finance Direct can be used to purchase a new car, truck, boat or motorcycle from a dealer or private seller. Interest rates start at 6.49% p.a. with 6-60 month loan terms.
How to apply for a loan from Finance Direct
Before applying for a Finance Direct Personal Loan, make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements and have checked the rates and fees against other comparable lenders. When you are ready to start, you can fill in an application form on the Finance Direct website.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
Information and documentation
As Finance Direct accepts loan applications from people that are self-employed or have bad credit, the documents that you will need to supply can vary. As a starting point, you can expect to be asked for:
- Valid photo ID: Passport or driver’s license
- Proof of address: A recent utility bill, bank statement or government letter
- Proof of income: Bank statements and/or payslips
What other products does Finance Direct offer?
- Property loan. If you are self-employed, it can be difficult to meet normal bank lending criteria for a mortgage. Finance Direct offers low-doc home loans with competitive low-interest rates starting from 3.39% p.a.
- Business loans. Finance Direct provides business loans for business acquisition, business cash flow, assets and machinery. Interest rates start from 6.97% p.a. with loan terms of up to 60 months. Repayments can be tailored to meet your business requirements with business assets used as security.
Read more on this topic
MTF Finance loans Borrow from $2,000 to $100,000 for a new vehicle, a holiday, renovations or business purposes with a secured loan from MTF Finance.
Loan Hub Personal Loan Borrow up to $50,000 with interest rates starting at 9.95% p.a. with a Loan Hub personal loan.
The Lending People personal loan The Lending People matches your profile with its lending partners to find the right loan for your situation. Decisions in 60 seconds.
Zealy Unsecured Personal Loan Find out in 60 seconds or less if you are approved for a Zealy personal loan.
GrabaLoan Personal Loan Review When you take out a GrabaLoan personal loan, you can get up to $3,000 of revolving credit.
Max Loans: From personal to car loans, and more Rather than applying to different lenders to find the right loan, Max Loans does all the hard work for you.
Pioneer Finance: Secured loans for personal, car, business use and more Borrow up to $100,000 with a Pioneer Finance loan and repay over a loan term of up to 7 years.
Loan Spot Personal Loans Find out how you can get the best loan agreement for your circumstances with a Loan Spot personal loan.
Teensy Loans Review Teensy personal loans allow you to borrow up to $5,000. Cash and payday loans are also available.
Oxford Finance: Vehicle, Personal and Business Loans If you’re looking for a personal, vehicle or business loan, Oxford Finance provides simple and affordable finance solutions.