Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Cosmetic surgery loans
If you’re looking to fund a cosmetic procedure, check out the range of finance options at your disposal.
Cosmetic surgery is becoming increasingly common in New Zealand, but that doesn’t mean these procedures are covered by your healthcare provider. If you are looking at having a procedure but don’t have the funds available, you may want to consider a cosmetic surgery loan.
Compare a range of personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How to compare cosmetic surgery loans
- Loan terms. You should try and determine a realistic length of time that you need to pay back the loan in full, then check these terms are offered by the lender. The length of the loan may affect the amount of interest you pay over its life and the cost of repayments.
- Loan amount. Before signing for the loan, you should check you can borrow the full amount you want. Some lenders have set minimum and maximum amounts, while the amount you are approved for is also dependent on your credit history.
- Repayment options. Most personal loans have the option of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments that you can align with your budget, but some lenders are more restrictive. See if you can make additional repayments, without incurring fees, as this option can help save money on interest.
- Interest rate. Interest rates can vary from lender to lender, and are often advertised as a range. The interest rate that you receive depends on factors such as your credit history, current financial situation and the loan amount.
- Fees. Most lenders charge an establishment fee for new loans, plus there could be ongoing costs to consider such as monthly account fees.
- Restrictions. Depending on the lender, there may be certain restrictions placed on the loan. For example, you may not be able to make additional repayments or pay back the loan early. Make sure you are familiar with all aspects of the loan before you apply.
How much does cosmetic surgery cost?
How to apply for cosmetic surgery loans
To apply for a personal loan to finance a cosmetic procedure, compare your options in the table above and click through to your chosen lender’s website to fill out an online application form. Eligibility requirements differ between lenders, but generally, you need to be over the age of 18, a permanent New Zealand citizen or resident and have a good credit rating. You also need to provide the following details when you apply:
- Personal details, including name, age and proof of your identification
- Financial details, including assets, debt and liabilities
- Your income and pay frequency, which may require proof, using your payslips or tax returns
- Your employer’s name and contact information
Can I take out a loan for cosmetic surgery overseas?
To save money, some Kiwis opt to go overseas to countries such as Thailand, where cosmetic surgery is more affordable. These are known as ‘plastic surgery holidays’, and though you may save yourself some money, you could expose yourself to serious risk.
New Zealand’s medical services rank among the best in the world, while conditions in other countries may not be as safe or hygienic. Make sure you consult a professional before booking your surgery abroad, so you know all the risk and complications that may occur.
Another point to consider is that your travel insurance may not cover you if you are travelling for the purpose of cosmetic surgery. Speak to your insurer before booking to check, otherwise you may be left with expensive bills should anything go wrong on your trip.
More guides on Finder
10 shows like Squid Game you can watch online right now
Looking for your next compulsive binge?
A beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency ETFs
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
Pet insurance for older dogs and cats
Discover some funds that cover senior pets, what to look for in a policy and how you can help your furry friend feel comfortable in their twilight years.
Finance Bloom business loan review
Broker Finance Bloom can help you get a secured or unsecured loan to help your business bloom.
What is a novated lease?
If you want to reduce your taxable income but get something for it, such as your next car, you can consider salary sacrificing it with a novated lease. Find out exactly how it works and if its right for you.
Used car guide: Things to consider when buying a used car
Learn about the used car buying process, including what you need to check on the car and what financing options are available.
FansEdge promo code October 2021
FansEdge most likely has what you’re looking for whatever your sport. It has a great range and great prices.
3 ways to pay off Christmas debt
Check out these three ways to pay off Christmas debt and start your year off on the right financial footing.
Boat loan calculator
Find out how much you could borrow for your next boat loan. Calculate your repayments on a secured or unsecured personal loan.