Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Avanti Finance review
Choose from a range of secured and unsecured loans with Avanti Finance, apply online and get fast approval.
Avanti Finance has approved loans for over 80,000 people in the last 30 years they’ve been in business. In 2019 the lender won an Equifax Outstanding Corporate Citizen Award at the Financial Services Federation.
Compare loans from Avanti Finance
Types of loans from Avanti Finance
Avanti offers the following loan products for borrowers:
- Personal loans. Unsecured and secured loans tailored to meet your needs, budget and repayment criteria. If you’re looking to consolidate debt, cover an unexpected expense, plan for a wedding or holiday, an Avanti Finance personal loan could be right for you.
- Car loans. Get a pre-approved loan from Avanti Finance so you know how much you can spend when car shopping. Applicants must be 22 or over and hold a valid NZ driver’s license. Interest rates start at 9.95% for a maximum term of 5 years.
- Home loans. Avanti Finance offers an alternative for borrowers, who may not fit a bank’s risk profile. Whether you’re searching for a first home, investment property or need cash for a renovation project, Avanti may be able to help.
- Business loans. Small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) can apply for an Avanti car or home loan to buy a new vehicle, expand operations or meet tax obligations. Avanti’s specialist business division, Get Capital, also offers fast, flexible working capital and asset finance loans starting from $5,000 for SMEs.
Features of Avanti Finance loans
With easy online application and fast approval, you could have the cash you need within 2 to 24 hours. Here are some more benefits of taking out a loan with Avanti Finance:
- Personal loans from $1,000 to $50,000 for a wide range of purposes
- Tailored interest rates dependent on your credit score and income
- Pre-approved loan so you know what you can afford
- Breakdown and payment protection insurance for car loans
- Available to bad credit applicants and beneficiaries
How much will the loan cost?
Take a look at the interest rates per annum for different types of Avanti loans below. You can use a loan calculator to see how much a loan will cost you in interest payments over its term.
When you take out an Avanti loan you may incur the following fees and charges. Some of these can be avoided if you make your repayments on time:
- Establishment fee:
- Secured personal loan $395, Unsecured personal loan $195
- Secured home loan $795
- Loan administration fee – $7.50 per month
- Early repayment fee – $55
- Late payment fee– $25 per month
How to apply for a loan from Avanti Finance
You can apply for an Avanti loan by filling out the online form on the website. One of the team will then assess your personal profile, employment status, financial commitments and credit history before approving the loan.
If a vehicle and/or property is being used as security, this will also be assessed.
- NZ citizen or permanent resident
- Aged 18 or over for a personal loan and 22 or over for a car loan
- Must be earning enough to afford the repayments
Necessary documents and information
- Bank statements to confirm income and expenses
- Proof of ID – a passport or driver’s license is acceptable
- Proof of suitable security for the loan, this is not always necessary depending on the amount
More guides on Finder
How to transfer money from a credit card to a bank account
Find out how to transfer money from a credit card to your bank account, and what fees you might pay.
Review: Interactive Brokers online share trading broker
Interactive Brokers offers some of the lowest brokerage fees on the market, but there are caveats you need to be wary of.
Kiwi Car Loans review
Borrow up to $500,000 for your new vehicle, caravan, boat or motorcycle with a secured or unsecured finance from Kiwi Car Loans.
ScotPac business finance review
Access business, trade or invoice finance for businesses of all sizes from ScotPac.
Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Get the best rate for your circumstances with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance. Answers within two hours.
Cash Converters personal loans
With stores across the country, as well as an online application option, this well-known lender is easily accessible.
Kiwibank Platinum Visa credit card
The Kiwibank Platinum Visa gives you an interest rate of 13.95% p.a., overseas travel insurance and a credit limit of up to $20,000.
Kiwibank Zero Visa credit card
If you’re looking for a card for everyday use, the Kiwibank Zero Visa has no account fee and a lower interest rate.
Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa credit card
The Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa has low fees and travel rewards. Find out how to apply here.
ASB Visa Business credit card
Manage your cashflow and get comprehensive business expenditure reporting with the ASB Visa Business credit card.