Looking for a personal loan to help you pay for a holiday; buy a big-ticket item or consolidate debt? On this page, we have gathered a selection of the best personal loan deals and special offers from lenders across New Zealand. From interest-rate discounts to waived fees, these deals guarantee big savings to help you keep more money in your pocket.
Harmoney Unsecured Personal Loan
- Borrow from $2,000
- 100% online
100% confidential application
Harmoney Unsecured Personal Loan
Apply today to get approved within minutes for up to $50,000.
- Max. loan amount: $50,000
- Loan term: Up to 60 months
- Turnaround time: 99% of approved online applications funded in 24 hours
- Fees: Establishment fee of $200 for loans from $2,000-$5,000 and $450 for loans from $5,000-$50,000
- No early repayment fees
- Personalised interest rates based on your circumstances
Personal loan deals currently available
What deals can I get on a personal loan?
New Zealand lenders offer a range of personal loan deals to help sweeten the arrangement for borrowers.
- Interest-rate discounts. You can enjoy a discounted interest rate to help reduce your ongoing repayment amounts. For example, you may receive a 1% p.a. discount off the lender’s standard variable rate for the life of the loan.
- Waived fees. Some lenders waive their application, establishment or ongoing fees, resulting in fewer out-of-pocket expenses when setting up and paying off your personal loan.
- Other flexible features. A variety of other special offers may be available depending on the lender, such as the ability to make additional repayments at any time or no early exit fees.
How do I compare my personal loan options?
Make sure you consider the following factors when comparing personal loans:
- Secured or unsecured. Will you need to offer collateral to guarantee the loan or can you access unsecured funding?
- Interest rate. How high is the interest rate and how does it compare to rates from other lenders? Does the loan come with a fixed or variable rate?
- Fees. Consider the application and ongoing fees that apply to the loan as well as other fees that may apply in certain circumstances. For example, will there be an additional fee if you use the redraw facility or pay the loan off early?
- Loan features. Next, look at the features each loan offers, such as a free redraw facility, an offset account or easy online application. Remember to also include the special offer and the benefits it provides in this part of the comparison.
- Repayment flexibility. Can you make additional repayments towards the personal loan whenever you want and without incurring any extra fees?
- Eligibility criteria. Also remember to check whether you are eligible to apply for the loan and you satisfy any special criteria attached to the deal.
What do I need to consider when applying for a “special offer” personal loan?
Check the terms and conditions closely so that you are fully aware of exactly how the special works, for example, does the discounted interest rate only apply for a limited period, after which time the loan reverts to the lender’s standard rate?
It is also essential to be sure you are only applying for a personal loan because it’s right for you, not just because it offers a great deal. Carefully consider the features and fees of any loan before deciding whether it is the right product to help you reach your financial goals.
Have more questions about personal loan deals?