SMARTCASH Payday Loans
Get quick cash of up to $500 to cover your sudden costs with SMARTCASH short term loans.
SMARTCASH is an Auckland-based New Zealand lender specialising in short term loans up to $500. With a quick online application and over 30 years’ experience in banking and finance, SMARTCASH appeals to Kiwis looking for instant cash to cover emergency expenses.
SMARTCASH claims to have the lowest payday interest rates of any New Zealand payday loan specialist and fast loan approval. If you’re interested in a short term loan, read on to find out about loans offered by SMARTCASH.
Max Loan Amount
$400 per week after tax
⚠️ Warning: be cautious with short-term loans
If you're experiencing financial hardship and would like to speak to someone for free financial counselling, you can call the MoneyTalks helpline operated by FinCap on 0800 345 123. It is open from 8:00am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm Saturday. When comparing short term loans, ensure you take into consideration any fees, charges and rates you may be charged.
Alternatives to short-term loans
Consider these alternatives before applying for a payday loan:
- Use online Government resources. The Commerce Commission New Zealand website explains how loans works and what to be aware of when borrowing from a lender.
- Payment plans. Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan or receive an extension on your due date if you’re behind on payments.
- Contact your creditors. Speak with creditors about extending the due date of your payment, or working out a new payment plan that works for both of you. Seek personal loans elsewhere. Consider a small personal loan from a bank or a credit union. You may qualify for a loan with much lower interest rates than those offered by payday loan companies.
- Pay with credit card. Consider paying with your credit card to cover your emergency bills or payments. This is not a long term solution, as you’ll need to pay off the balance as soon as possible, but it’s an alternative to a short term loan with high – and immediate – interest rates.
Finder does not currently have access to this short term loan provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Payday Loans from SMARTCASH
SMARTCASH provides short term payday loans up to $500. The loanable amount should be 20% of your weekly net income. The maximum loan term is up to 31 days and the interest rate is 0.134% daily, or 49% p.a annually.
Short term loans can be a good source of cash for unexpected expenses or emergencies, but should not be considered as a long-term financial solution. A SMARTCASH payday loan could be useful if you are faced with unforeseen car repairs, medical or veterinary bills, or household expenses.
Why should you consider taking out a SMARTCASH short term loan?
If you’re interested in low rates for your short term loan, you should consider taking out a loan with SMARTCASH. Features of SMARTCASH loans include:
- Low rates. SMARTCASH claims to offer the lowest overall cost of any online payday lender in New Zealand. They have a competitive daily interest rate of 0.134%.
- Low minimum amounts. You can take out a loan as small as $100 with SMARTCASH, so even your small unforeseen expenses can be covered.
- Competitor comparisons. SMARTCASH has a handy competitor comparison chart on its website, allowing you to compare the cost of the loan you want across multiple NZ payday lenders.
- Short maximum term. Maximum loan term is up to 31 days for SMARTCASH loans. Keep in mind, you should only borrow as much as you are able to pay back within the 31-day time frame.
- Same-day cash. If your SMARTCASH loan is approved during business hours, you can have your cash the same day for an additional service fee of $10. All other funds will be deposited the next day at no extra cost.
How much will it cost you to borrow from SMARTCASH?
Short term loans have a daily interest rate of 0.134%. You can use the loan calculator on the SMARTCASH website to determine the fees specific to your desired loan. The following additional fees may apply:
- Establishment fee – $30
- Payment processing fee – $5
- Same-day cash service fee – $10
- Wage deduction fee – $20
- Change of payment rescheduling fee – $20
- Missed payment fee – $30
Are SMARTCASH loans safe?
SMARTCASH is a registered New Zealand Financial Services Provider and member of Financial Services Complaints Limited.
As a responsible lender, SMARTCASH will not loan you more than they believe you would be able to pay back in 31 days without financial difficulty. The lender ensures all application information is secure and confidential. You can contact SMARTCASH during business hours at 0800 222 465 or via email.
How to apply for a short term loan from SMARTCASH
Applying involves the following steps:
- Fill out online application.
- Sign loan documents electronically.
- Confirm your email address.
- Send in your past three months bank statements.
- SMARTCASH will run a credit check and confirm your current employment details.
- Wait for loan approval, usually only 60 minutes from when SMARTCASH receives your complete application.
- Receive money transfer directly into your bank account.
To be eligible for a SMARTCASH short term loan you need to:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a New Zealand resident.
- Have been continuously employed for at least three months.
- Earn at least $400 per week after tax.
- Have your wages paid directly into your New Zealand bank account.
- Have an email account and mobile phone.
- Have no other current payday loans with other lenders.