Save My Bacon provides short term loans for Kiwis who need same-day cash, even if they have a low credit score.
Save My Bacon is a New Zealand lender offering a variety of loans from $100 to $3,000.
The provider aims to give financially responsible Kiwis access to short term loans by assessing their entire financial history, not just their credit score.
With Save My Bacon, you can receive your funds the same day you apply, as long as you apply during business hours, and their flexible repay allows you to pay back your loan early and save on interest. Read on to find out if a Save My Bacon payday loan is right for you.
finder does not currently have access to this short term loan provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Types of loans from Save My Bacon
Save My Bacon currently offers two types of loans:
- 2-43 days
- Daily interest rate of 1.5%
- 3-14 months
- Monthly interest rate of 9-15% depending on the size of the loan
Why should you consider taking out a Save My Bacon short term loan?
Save My Bacon offers flexible loans to help you with unexpected expenses.
Features of Save My Bacon short term loans include:
- Flexible repay. You can repay the loan early and save interest. Keep in mind that mini, or short term, loans have a minimum two-day repay.
- Same-day funds. If you apply on a business day, your loan will be transferred to your bank account the same day. When your funds will be available depends on your bank processing time.
- Low credit options. Having a low credit score will not disqualify you from being approved for a loan as Save My Bacon assesses your entire financial history to determine your eligibility.
How much will it cost you to borrow from Save My Bacon?
Short term loans with Save My Bacon have a daily interest rate of 1.5%. Save My Bacon charges a $25 establishment fee for all new clients and a $5 account maintenance fee every 30 days.
The following additional fees may apply:
- Extension fee – $15
- Default fee – $30
- Wage-deduction authority fee – $15
- Debt collection fee – $50
Are Save My Bacon loans safe?
Save My Bacon is registered with the New Zealand Financial Service Providers Register and Financial Dispute Resolution Service and abides by the Responsible Lenders Code. Save My Bacon aims to keep all your information private and protected through the use of encrypted transport layer security.
How to apply for a short term loan from Save My Bacon
Applying involves the following steps:
- Fill out the online application.
- Upload three months worth of bank statements, photo ID, contact details, bank account details and employment information.
- Save My Bacon will verify your personal and credit information.
- Sign loan documents online.
- Wait for approval.
- Receive funds within one business day.
To be eligible for a short term loan you need to:
- Be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or possess a valid work visa.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an active bank account.
- Have income electronically transferred into your bank account regularly.
- Earn at least $400 per week.
- Have an email account and mobile phone.