Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Save My Bacon – Payday and medium-term loans
Save My Bacon provides short and medium term loans for Kiwis who need same-day cash, even if they have a low credit score.
Updated . What changed?
The provider aims to give financially responsible Kiwis access to loans by assessing their entire financial history, not just their credit score.
With Save My Bacon, you can receive your funds the same day you apply, as long as you apply during business hours, and their flexible repay allows you to pay back your loan early and save on interest. Read on to find out if a Save My Bacon payday loan is right for you.
Compare loans on offer from Save My Bacon
Types of loans from Save My Bacon
Save My Bacon currently offers two types of loans:
Save My Bacon Mini Loan
- 1-8 weeks
- Daily interest rate of 0.1368%
Save My Bacon Flex Loan
- 8-52 weeks
- Daily interest rate of 0.1368%
Why should you consider taking out a Save My Bacon loan?
Save My Bacon offers flexible loans to help you with unexpected expenses.
Features of Save My Bacon loan include:
- Flexible repay. You can repay the loan early and save interest. Keep in mind that mini, or short term, loans have a minimum two-day repay.
- Same-day funds. If you apply on a business day, your loan will be transferred to your bank account the same day. When your funds will be available depends on your bank processing time.
- Low credit options. Having a low credit score will not disqualify you from being approved for a loan as Save My Bacon assesses your entire financial history to determine your eligibility.
How much will it cost you to borrow from Save My Bacon?
Short term loans with Save My Bacon have a daily interest rate of 0.1368%. Save My Bacon charges a $95 establishment fee for all new clients and a $10 account maintenance fee every 30 days.
The following additional fees may apply:
- Default fee – $30
- Wage-deduction authority fee – $15
- Debt collection fee – $40
Are Save My Bacon loans safe?
Save My Bacon is registered with the New Zealand Financial Service Providers Register and Financial Dispute Resolution Service and abides by the Responsible Lenders Code. Save My Bacon aims to keep all your information private and protected through the use of encrypted transport layer security.
How to apply for a short term loan from Save My Bacon
Applying involves the following steps:
- Fill out the online application.
- Upload three months worth of bank statements, photo ID, contact details, bank account details and employment information.
- Save My Bacon will verify your personal and credit information.
- Sign loan documents online.
- Wait for approval.
- Receive funds within one business day.
To be eligible for a short term loan you need to:
- Be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or possess a valid work visa.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an active bank account.
- Have income electronically transferred into your bank account regularly.
- Earn at least $400 per week.
- Have an email account and mobile phone.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Superloans Short Term Loans Review If you live in Wellington or the Hawkes Bay, you may be eligible for a short term loan from Superloans
Payday loans for single parents Single parents often do it tough. If you are running low on cash and need to pay for things such as food, school items or even transport, a payday loan might be able to help you out of a bad situation.
$1000 cash loans Don’t stress if you need $1,000 cash quickly. Consider applying for a loan from a payday lender if you need money urgently.
Wallet Wizard Short Term Loans Review Wallet Wizard gives you access to up to $5,000 of revolving credit with no ongoing fees and a low establishment fee.
Loans for beneficiaries Even if you have bad credit history, a beneficiary loan can help those on benefits with some extra cash to pay unexpected bills.
Ferratum Revolving Credit Loan Line of credit loans from Ferratum allow you to make payments at a pace that suits you.
Swoosh Finance Short Term Loan Swoosh Finance no longer offers short-term loans.
Cash relief payday loan review Cash Relief specialises in short term payday loans for Kiwis who need quick cash.
Cash Till Payday Short Term Loans Consider a quick and flexible short term loan from Cash Till Payday.
SMARTCASH Payday Loans SMARTCASH offers short term loans at low rates, allowing you to get the cash you need quickly.