Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Save My Bacon – Payday and medium-term loans
Save My Bacon provides short and medium term loans for Kiwis who need same-day cash, even if they have a low credit score.
Updated . What changed?
The provider aims to give financially responsible Kiwis access to loans by assessing their entire financial history, not just their credit score.
With Save My Bacon, you can receive your funds the same day you apply, as long as you apply during business hours, and their flexible repay allows you to pay back your loan early and save on interest. Read on to find out if a Save My Bacon payday loan is right for you.
Compare loans on offer from Save My Bacon
Types of loans from Save My Bacon
Save My Bacon currently offers two types of loans:
Save My Bacon Mini Loan
- 1-8 weeks
- Daily interest rate of 0.1368%
Save My Bacon Flex Loan
- 8-52 weeks
- Daily interest rate of 0.1368%
Why should you consider taking out a Save My Bacon loan?
Save My Bacon offers flexible loans to help you with unexpected expenses.
Features of Save My Bacon loan include:
- Flexible repay. You can repay the loan early and save interest. Keep in mind that mini, or short term, loans have a minimum two-day repay.
- Same-day funds. If you apply on a business day, your loan will be transferred to your bank account the same day. When your funds will be available depends on your bank processing time.
- Low credit options. Having a low credit score will not disqualify you from being approved for a loan as Save My Bacon assesses your entire financial history to determine your eligibility.
How much will it cost you to borrow from Save My Bacon?
Short term loans with Save My Bacon have a daily interest rate of 0.1368%. Save My Bacon charges a $95 establishment fee for all new clients and a $10 account maintenance fee every 30 days.
The following additional fees may apply:
- Default fee – $30
- Debt collection fee – $40
Are Save My Bacon loans safe?
Save My Bacon is registered with the New Zealand Financial Service Providers Register and Financial Dispute Resolution Service and abides by the Responsible Lenders Code. Save My Bacon aims to keep all your information private and protected through the use of encrypted transport layer security.
How to apply for a short term loan from Save My Bacon
Applying involves the following steps:
- Fill out the online application.
- Upload three months worth of bank statements, photo ID, contact details, bank account details and employment information.
- Save My Bacon will verify your personal and credit information.
- Sign loan documents online.
- Wait for approval.
- Receive funds within one business day.
To be eligible for a short term loan you need to:
- Be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or possess a valid work visa.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an active bank account.
- Have income electronically transferred into your bank account regularly.
- Earn at least $400 per week.
- Have an email account and mobile phone.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Kiwi Car Loans review
Borrow up to $500,000 for your new vehicle, caravan, boat or motorcycle with a secured or unsecured finance from Kiwi Car Loans.
ScotPac business finance review
Access business, trade or invoice finance for businesses of all sizes from ScotPac.
Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Get the best rate for your circumstances with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance. Answers within two hours.
Cash Converters personal loans
With stores across the country, as well as an online application option, this well-known lender is easily accessible.
Kiwibank Platinum Visa credit card
The Kiwibank Platinum Visa gives you an interest rate of 13.95% p.a., overseas travel insurance and a credit limit of up to $20,000.
ASB Visa Business credit card
Manage your cashflow and get comprehensive business expenditure reporting with the ASB Visa Business credit card.
BNZ Advantage Classic credit card
If you already have a BNZ transactional account, you can earn Fly Buys Points or cash with the BNZ Advantage Classic credit card.
Flight Centre Mastercard
Earn Flight Centre Rewards and take advantage of long term finance deals for big-ticket purchases at participating retailers.
The Lending People car loan
The Lending People work with a number of lenders to help you get the best car finance for your situation.
The Lending People personal loan
The Lending People matches your profile with its lending partners to find the right loan for your situation. Decisions in 60 seconds.