NZCU South Unsecured Personal Loan
If you need quick access to funds and don’t want to leverage any of your possessions, an unsecured personal loan could be the solution you’re looking for.
10.20% - 22.95%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Minimum Credit Score
Unsecured personal loans from NZCU South offer immediate solutions to small- and medium-sized financial problems. The majority of NZCU South unsecured loans range from $1,000 to $25,000, with successful applicants having access to funds within 24 hours. If you need fast finance for personal spend or emergencies, consider an unsecured personal loan from NZCU South.
Pros and cons
- No collateral required
- Long loan term
- No monthly service fee
- $250 application fee
- Lower lending limits for unsecured loans
Main points to consider with a NZCU South unsecured personal loan
In the majority of cases, unsecured loans from NZCU South fall between $1,000 and $25,000. You can apply for a loan up to $25,000, but large, unsecured loans are typically hard to come by.
Loan terms can range 6 months to 7 years, with interest rates varying from 10.20% - 22.95% depending on your financial circumstances. Unsecured loans often draw higher interest rates as no collateral is required.
Features of an unsecured personal loan from NZCU South
- Interest rates between 10.20% - 22.95%. Interest rates for unsecured loans tend to be on the higher side, as you’re not providing any security. Rates will vary depending on your loan size and term.
- Flexible loan size. Unsecured loans from NZCU South typically range from $1,000 to $25,000. You may be able to apply for a larger loan, up to $25,000, but you’re beholden to the judgement of NZCU South.
- Quick approval times. Once you’ve applied, you should hear from a NZCU South representative within an hour.
- Fast access to funds. Those who successfully apply for loans tend to have access granted to funds within 24 hours hours. This can vary outside of regular business hours.
- Long loan terms. You can choose a loan term of 6 months through to 7 years. This is a long amount of time for a personal loan.
- Repayment instalment options. Loan repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Top up your loan. Should you require more funds at some point during your loan, you can apply for a loan top-up. Contact a NZCU South representative to request a top-up.
- Repayment insurance. You can apply for a repayment insurance plan for your loan that covers you should you experience unemployment, unforeseen expenses or illness.
- NZCU South repayment calculator. This online repayment calculator estimates your repayments by assessing the size and length of your desired loan.
- Easy online application. Online application forms for NZCU South unsecured personal loans can be filled out in around five minutes.
How much does the loan cost?
The total cost of your loan will vary depending on you much you borrow, the term of your loan and your repayment instalment plan.
The following fees may apply to your loan:
- $250 application fee
- $25 early repayment fee
- $50 personal loan security fee
How to apply for an NZCU South unsecured personal loan
You can apply for an NZCU South unsecured personal loan by clicking the green “Go to Site” link on this page. To be eligible you must, at a minimum:
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a permanent resident of New Zealand or be a non-resident on a current work visa
- Earn $500 weekly
- Reasonable credit report (as judged by NZCU South)
- Declare discharged bankruptcy, non-asset procedure or SIO
When applying for a loan you generally need to provide:
- Proof of identity. This includes a driver’s licence, residential address and the details of your next of kin.
- Proof of income. You must be able to demonstrate that you meet the income requirements. You can do this with payslips, bank statements and employment history documents.