NZCU South Secured Personal Loan
Apply for a secured personal loan that can be repaid over the course of 7 years.
9.90% - 28.90%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Minimum Credit Score
Pros and cons
- $50,000 loan size
- 7-year loan term
- No monthly service fee
- $250 application fee
- Must work a minimum of 20 hours a week to be eligible
Main points to consider with a NZCU South secured personal loan
You can apply for a NZCU South secured personal loan between $2,000 and $50,000. Loans terms can be set at anywhere from 6 months to 7 years, while interest rates will vary from 9.90% - 28.90% depending on your financial circumstances.
Features of a secured personal loan from NZCU South
- Interest rates between 9.90% - 28.90%. Interest rates are determined by the size of the loan, the length of the loan and the loan repayment plan.
- Large loan size range. NZCU South secured personal loans range from $2,000 to $50,000. Your loan limit will be dictated by your financial circumstances.
- 60-minute approval time. NZCU South will contact you within an hour to inform you of loan approval or denial.
- Same-day fund access. Loan funds typically become available on the same day the application is approved.
- Long loan terms. You can choose a loan term of 6 months through to 7 years. This is a long amount of time for a personal loan.
- Repayment options. You can choose to pay off your loan in weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments, according to your needs.
- Loan top-ups. Once you’ve demonstrated the ability to make repayments, you can opt to top up your loan. Simply contact NZCU South to discuss the details.
- Repayment insurance. NZCU South offers repayment insurance plans should you face unemployment, unforeseen expenses or illness.
- NZCU South repayment calculator. This online repayment calculator estimates your repayments by assessing the size and length of your desired loan.
- Easy online application. Online application forms for NZCU South secured personal loans can be filled out in around five minutes.
How much does the loan cost?
Your loan term, the amount you borrow and your own financial circumstances will dictate the total cost of your loan.
The following fees may apply to your loan:
- $250 application fee
- $35 early repayment fee
- $50 personal loan security fee
How to apply for an NZCU South secured personal loan
You can apply for an NZCU South secured personal loan by clicking the green “Go to site” link on this page. To be eligible you must, at a minimum:
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a permanent resident of New Zealand.
- Work at least 20 hours a week
- Reasonable credit report (as judged by NZCU South)
- Declare discharged bankruptcy, non-asset procedure or SIO
When applying for a loan you generally need to provide:
- Proof of identity. This includes a driver’s license, residential address and the details of your next of kin.
- Proof of income. This includes bank statements, payslips, expense details and proof of time in employment.