Nectar Personal Loan
Borrow up to $30,000 and money in your account within a day with a Nectar personal loan.
100% Kiwi-owned and operated, Nectar provides loans that are ‘faster than a bank, easier than credit cards and cheaper than finance companies’. After applying for a personal loan in a simple online application, you are offered competitive rates and terms that are in line with your unique circumstances.
8.95% - 29.95%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Minimum Credit Score
|Product Name||Nectar Unsecured Personal Loan|
|Benefit Description||Unsecured loans from $1,000 with payouts made within one day of approval. Applications entirely online|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||8.95% - 29.95%|
|Min. Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$30,000|
|Loan Term||6 months to 4 years|
|Turnaround Time||7 minute application. If approved, funds will be received in your account the same day as your contract being signed online.|
|Go to site|
Pros and cons
- No early repayment fee
- Same day funds
- Borrow up to $30,000
- Competitive tailored rates
- 100% online process
- Loan establishment fee
- Late payment fee
Features and benefits of a Nectar personal loan
- 7-minute application. Complete the online application form in just 7 minutes.
- Instant rate and offer. Once you submit your application, you’ll get an offer and rate personalised to your circumstances.
- Same day funds. In many cases, Nectar is able to deposit the funds into your account on the same day that you sign your contract.
- 100% online process. Nectar loans are managed 100% online, so there’s no need to leave home to show identity documents or sign a contract. This means that costs are cheaper than other lenders with physical branches.
- Flexible repayment terms. When you apply for your loan, you can choose a term between 6 and 48 months. Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on how you would like to manage your finances.
- Interest rates to match your circumstances. With varying interest rates from 8.95% p.a., you’ll be offered a competitive rate in line with your financial situation and credit history.
- No early repayment fee. If you decide to pay your loan back early, Nectar will not penalise you by charging an early repayment fee. You can also make extra repayments during the loan term without incurring charges.
How much does a Nectar personal loan cost?
If you apply for a Nectar unsecured personal loan, you may be charged a one time establishment fee of $240.
Other fees you may incur include:
- Administration fee of $1.75 each repayment
- Late payment fee of $15
- Overdue payment fee of $25 per month
- Loan variation fee of $30
Types of loans Nectar offers
- Car loans. Get approved for finance for that car you have your eye on. With fast approval, you don’t need to miss out.
- Emergency loans. If there is an emergency or you need some extra cash in a hurry, Nectar can often have funds in your account on the same day you apply.
- Debt consolidation. Instead of having different repayments and providers to worry about, consolidate your debts into one loan with one interest rate.
- Holiday loans. Decided on a dream holiday but don’t have the funds to start booking? With a Nectar loan, you can get all your tickets and accommodation sorted now before you miss out on special rates.
- Wedding loans. Your big day can end up costing a lot more than first anticipated. A Nectar loan can help you get on top your payments and deposits for a stress-free experience.
- Home improvement loans. Borrow up to $30,000 to make improvements to your home whether that’s landscaping the back lawn, upgrading the bathroom or adding a patio.
- Personal loans. There are many other reasons that you can take out a Nectar personal loan, including paying for school fees, vet bills or to upgrade your wardrobe.
- Payment protection insurance. Nectar recommends that you take out payment protection insurance with your loan so that you are covered if you are unable to meet your loan repayments. There are different options for different employment situations but the insurance is optional.
How to apply for a loan from Nectar
Before applying for a Nectar personal loan, make sure to check the rates and terms against what other lenders have to offer. Then check that you meet the eligibility requirements outlined below. To start your application click the green “Apply now” button below.
To be eligible for a Nectar loan, you will need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a New Zealand driver’s licence or passport
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Not have any significant unpaid defaults or previous bankruptcies
- Have a weekly net income of at least $400
- Hold a bank account
Information and documentation
When you complete your online application, you will need to provide Nectar with access to your bank statements. This is done through Credit Sense so your bank history can be viewed without sharing your passwords but you are welcome to send your bank statements separately if you are not comfortable with this step. You will also need to provide your driver’s licence or passport.
With a Nectar personal loan you can borrow between $1,000 and $30,000 with loan terms from 6 months to 4 years. Highlights include competitive interest rates, no early repayment fee and a 100% online application process. If this loan sounds right for you, go ahead and click the green “Apply now” button below to start your application.