Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Motor Vehicle Finance offers the sharpest rates, fast response times and a 95% approval rate. Bad credit and learner licence applicants welcome.
Motor Vehicle Finance is a broker that works with top lenders around the country to find the best rates for your car loan.
You can borrow up to $150,000 for a new car, boat, motorcycle or caravan, with 95% of customers being approved. And if you have already found a great rate elsewhere, Motor Vehicle Finance will beat it or put $500 towards the cost of your loan.
Every time you apply for a loan, an enquiry is recorded on your credit report. Dealing with a broker that understands which lenders offer the right loan for different circumstances means that your credit score won’t be negatively impacted while sourcing your car finance.
6.95% - 23.95%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Minimum Credit Score
Pros and cons
- Rates from just 6.95%
- 95% approval rate
- Fast approval
- Can apply with a learner’s licence
- Bad credit and beneficiary applicants welcome
- No loan calculator on website to get an idea of repayments
What to consider with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance
If you’ve previously obtained a car finance quote with a good interest rate, Motor Vehicle Finance will endeavour to match this rate. If it can’t, it will pay you $500 towards the cost of your loan.
You can use your loan to purchase a car, boat, caravan or motorbike from a private seller, dealer or at an auction. If you haven’t decided on a vehicle just yet, you can opt for pre-approval to be able to shop with confidence.
You may be able to get finance for a vehicle if you are on a benefit depending on the size of the loan and if you can afford repayments.
You can also apply if you have bad credit. Since enquiries are recorded on your credit report, a broker such as Motor Vehicle Finance can assess your application and match you with an appropriate lender.
While other lenders will only accept applicants with a restricted or full driver’s licence, Motor Vehicle Finance can approve Kiwis holding a learner’s licence.
Features and benefits
- Loan amount. You can borrow from $3,000 to $150,000 for your new vehicle.
- Interest rate. Interest rates range between 6.95% - 23.95% p.a.
- Loan term. Pay back your loan over a period that suits you between 12 - 60 months. Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Motor Vehicle Finance will ensure that a loan term is set that allows you to comfortably meet your repayments.
- Fast response. Motor Vehicle Finance endeavours to respond to all applications within two hours of receipt. It may be possible to get an answer sooner if you call after submitting online.
- High approval rate. 95% of Motor Vehicle Finance applicants obtain approval for their car loan.
- Pre-approval. You don’t need to have chosen a car before applying for a loan. Pre-approval means that you can know how much you have to spend on your new purchase. You may also be able to change the loan amount if you find a car that is valuedhigher or lower than your pre-approval amount.
- Car insurance. When you take out your loan, Motor Vehicle Finance can set you up with comprehensive car insurance at a low premium.
How much does the loan cost?
With a loan from Motor Vehicle Finance, there are fees and interest charges that contribute to the overall cost of your loan.
Loans from Motor Vehicle Finance have an interest rate of between 6.95% - 23.95% p.a. When you apply, you will be assigned the best rate based on your financial profile, with your credit rating, loan repayment history and asset ownership taken into account.
An establishment fee is added to your loan cost. The minimum fee is $195, but can be higher depending on the specific lender.
Additional fees may apply depending on the lender that Motor Vehicle Finance is able to source a loan through. You could also be charged monthly maintenance and early repayment fees.
How to apply for a loan from Motor Vehicle Finance
If you are ready to apply for a loan from Motor Vehicle Finance, hit the ‘Go to site’ button above.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have an income of at least $400 per week
Motor Vehicle Finance accepts applications from part time workers, those claiming benefits, the self-employed and retirees.
Information and documentation
When you fill in an application form online, you will need to provide your personal details, driver’s licence number, employment and income information, plus details of assets and liabilities.
Additional information may be required, but Motor Vehicle Finance will let you know during the application process.