Motor Vehicle Finance car loan
Motor Vehicle Finance are experts at sourcing car loans. Fast response times within two hours.
Motor Vehicle Finance is a broker that works with top lenders around the country to find the best rates for your car loan.
You can borrow up to $150,000 for a new car, boat, motorcycle or caravan.
Every time you apply for a loan, an enquiry is recorded on your credit report. Dealing with a broker that understands which lenders offer the right loan for different circumstances means that your credit score won’t be negatively impacted while sourcing your car finance.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Minimum Credit Score
Pros and cons
- Rates from just 7.95%
- Fast approval
- Can apply with a learner’s licence
- No information about expected fees and charges until you apply
What to consider with a car loan from Motor Vehicle Finance
You can use your loan to purchase a car, boat, caravan or motorbike from a private seller, dealer or at an auction. If you haven’t decided on a vehicle just yet, you can opt for pre-approval to be able to shop with confidence.
While other lenders will only accept applicants with a restricted or full driver’s licence, Motor Vehicle Finance can approve Kiwis holding a learner’s licence.
Features and benefits
- Loan amount. You can borrow from $3,000 to $150,000 for your new vehicle.
- Interest rate. Interest rates from 7.95% p.a.
- Loan term. Pay back your loan over a period that suits you between 12 - 60 months. Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Motor Vehicle Finance will ensure that a loan term is set that allows you to comfortably meet your repayments.
- Fast response. Motor Vehicle Finance endeavours to respond to all applications within two hours of receipt. It may be possible to get an answer sooner if you call after submitting online.
- Pre-approval. You don’t need to have chosen a car before applying for a loan. Pre-approval means that you can know how much you have to spend on your new purchase. You may also be able to change the loan amount if you find a car that is valuedhigher or lower than your pre-approval amount.
- Car insurance. When you take out your loan, Motor Vehicle Finance can set you up with comprehensive car insurance at a low premium.
How much does the loan cost?
With a loan from Motor Vehicle Finance, there are fees and interest charges that contribute to the overall cost of your loan.
When you apply, you will be assigned the best rate based on your financial profile, with your credit rating, loan repayment history and asset ownership taken into account.
An establishment fee from $375 is added to your loan cost.
Additional fees may apply depending on the lender that Motor Vehicle Finance is able to source a loan through. You could also be charged monthly maintenance and early repayment fees.
How to apply for a loan from Motor Vehicle Finance
If you are ready to apply for a loan from Motor Vehicle Finance, go to their website and click the Apply Now button.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have an income of at least $400 per week
Information and documentation
When you fill in an application form online, you will need to provide your personal details, driver’s licence number, employment and income information, plus details of assets and liabilities.
Additional information may be required, but Motor Vehicle Finance will let you know during the application process.
There’s a lot to like about Motor Vehicle Finance, specifically their fast turnaround times and same day settlements. However, since they deal with a range of lenders, you won’t know what interest rate or fees you’ll be charged until you apply.