Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Warehouse Mobile Plans
When you sign up for a Warehouse Mobile phone plan you’ll get minutes to use for New Zealand, Australia and 15 other countries at no extra cost.
Is Warehouse Mobile right for me?
- What does Warehouse Mobile offer?: Prepay combos, casual rates and packs
- The highlights: International minutes; cheap casual rates; 31-day plans; rollover data.
- Watch out for: No roaming packs; credit expires after 90 days.
Read on to find out more about Warehouse Mobile and if this provider is the right choice for you.
Types of plans offered by Warehouse Mobile
When you join Warehouse Mobile, you can choose to use minutes, texts and data on casual rates, in individual packs or as a combo. Combos include an allowance of data, minutes and texts as you can see outlined in the table below.
Minutes can be used to call New Zealand, Australia, and 13 other countries including China, the US (excluding Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, England, Scotland, Wales, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Israel, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and India.
Texts can be used for New Zealand and Australia and you also get free calling and texting to other Warehouse Mobile customers. Any data that is not used in your 31-day plan rolls over to the next month so you have another chance to use it.
Casual rates and packs
If the above combos don’t quite match your needs, you can use casual rates and packs instead. Warehouse Mobile has some of the most affordable casual rates including 8c per text, 8c per minute (NZ, AU and 15 other countries), and 8c per MB.
Alternatively, you can add packs including unlimited texts for $4, 200 minutes for $4 or 500MB for $4. There are also $8 for 1.25GB and $30 for 5GB data packs if you are a heavier internet user.
Since Warehouse Mobile operates prepay mobile plans rather than pay monthly, you will need to manage topping up your credit yourself. However, there are a number of ways that you can do this:
- Use a credit or debit card to top up through your My Warehouse Mobile account online.
- Download the Android or Apple mobile app.
- Set up the auto top-up function on your My Warehouse Mobile account so that a specified value will automatically deduct from your debit or credit card each month.
- Purchase a top-up voucher from one of over 8,000 locations nationwide including The Warehouse and Warehouse Stationery.
- Make a phone payment by calling 801 from your mobile.
- SuperGold cardholder benefits. If you are a SuperGold cardholder, you’ll get a minimum of 50 bonus minutes for every third voice pack or combo that you purchase on Warehouse Mobile.
- Carryover data. Any data that you don’t use will roll over to the next month.
- 31-day packs and combos. Some mobile phone providers have plans that last for only 28 or 30 days, but Warehouse Mobile is 31 days.
- Keep your number. Once you have activated your new Warehouse Mobile SIM, complete a form online and your old number will be transferred over.
- Free browsing. Browse and shop at The Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery, The Market, Noel Leeming, Torpedo 7 and 1-day Deal without eating away at your data.
- Affordable casual rates. With texts, minutes and megabytes all being 8c each, Warehouse Mobile has some of the most affordable casual rates in the New Zealand mobile market.
- Affordable phones. If you don’t need the latest and greatest smartphone, you can purchase a new phone from Warehouse Mobile. Brands include Alcatel, Samsung and Huawei with prices ranging from $49 to $259.
What to be aware of
- Unused data can only be carried over for up to 90 days, compared to 12 months with other providers.
- Top-ups are valid for 90 days, so you can keep any remaining credit as long as you add another top-up within 90 days.
- Transferring your old number to Warehouse Mobile can take up to two days, so you will need to keep using your old plan for a few days while this happens.
- A Fair Use Policy applies to the use of unlimited texts.
- Some phones may not work with a Warehouse Mobile SIM, especially if they are locked to another network. If your phone is locked, it’s possible to request an unlocking code from the provider.
- Warehouse Mobile doesn’t have roaming packs so you will be charged casual roaming rates when you travel abroad. Depending on the country you are going to, rates can be as much as $7.39 per minute or $10 per MB.
Warehouse Mobile summary
Warehouse Mobile is worth considering if you are looking for a simple plan with flexibility.
Casual rates are cheap, so you don’t need to purchase a combo if you don’t use your phone a lot but it’s good to know that data rolls over if you don’t end up using all of it. Another thing we like is that international minutes are included in the combos and talk packs, which at the moment is pretty rare to see. However, there aren’t any roaming packs available, so customers travelling overseas may need to look at alternative options to avoid hefty charges.
Read more on this topic
Tweak your apps to use less data when you're on the move It's easy to eat up your data with apps like Spotify, Instagram and Netflix, but there are ways to use less data on your smartphone.
Kogan Mobile Plans With unlimited calls and texts across NZ and Australia and a range of prepaid plans, check out what else Kogan Mobile has to offer.
Pay monthly mobile plans If you’re looking for a new mobile plan and provider, consider the benefits and what to look for when comparing pay monthly plans.
Unlimited Mobile Data Plans Having an unlimited mobile plan means not having to worry about keeping track of your data usage. But there are some catches. Find out more here.
What is 5G? And just how fast is it? Confused about what 5G really means? Check out our guide on what you need to know about 5G in NZ.
Spark Mobile Plans Find out how you can get exclusive benefits, bonus data and more when you sign up for one of Spark’s mobile plans.
2degrees Mobile Plans With carryover data, useful add-ons, shared data and pooled plans, 2degrees mobile plans have something for everyone.
Skinny Mobile Plans If you don’t want to be tied into a contract, a flexible plan from Skinny could be just what you’re after.
Slingshot Mobile Plans Find out how you can get a monthly discount for bundling your broadband and mobile phone plans together at Slingshot.
Roaming on the cheap: How to minimise your data usage Worried about your data bill while travelling? These tips can reduce your data usage and save you money.