Kiwibank Car Loan
Use your new vehicle as collateral to secure a car loan from Kiwibank.
Kiwibank offers car loans starting at $6,000. In order to qualify for a car loan instead of a personal loan, the loan must be secured against the vehicle being purchased. Kiwibank offers loan terms between 6 months and 7 years and interest rates from 12.99%-18.95%. If you’re looking for finance to put towards your next vehicle, consider a car loan from Kiwibank.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
|Product Name||Kiwibank Secured Car Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||12.99%-18.95%|
|Min. Loan Amount||$6,000|
|Loan Term||6 months to 7 years|
|Turnaround Time||Once you have submitted your application, you can expect for someone to get back to you within 24 hours. If approved, you can expect access to your funds by the next business day.|
Pros and cons
- Wide range of loan terms
- Conditional approval available
- Minimum $6,000 loan amount for car loan interest rates
- $240 establishment fee
Main points to consider with a Kiwibank car loan
Kiwibank car loans are secured against the vehicle being purchased. Loan amounts are set at a minimum of $6,000 and can be repaid over a period of 6 months to 7 years. Interest rates are set between 12.99%-18.95% and are ultimately determined by a mix of your credit history and current ability to make repayments.
Features of a car loan from Kiwibank
- Interest rates between 12.99%-18.95%. You car loan interest rate will depend on the loan size, loan term, your credit rating and the car’s value. Kiwibank car loan rates are lower than Kiwibank personal loan rates as the vehicle you purchase is used as security on the loan.
- Flexible loan size. Kiwibank car loans have a minimum amount of $6,000. Kiwibank will determine the maximum amount you can borrow by assessing your credit history and current financial standing.
- Varied loan terms. Kiwibank offers a wide range of loan terms, from 6 months to 7 years.
- Processing time. Once you’ve applied, you should be contacted by a Kiwibank representative within 24 hours. If your application is successful, you will typically have access to your funds by the next business day.
- Repayment options. Kiwibank allows you to make your loan repayments in weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments.
- Conditional approval. If you haven’t yet found a vehicle or you want an idea of what vehicle type you can afford, you should consider applying for conditional approval. Conditional approval allows you to negotiate like a cash buyer, with Kiwibank transferring you the day after purchase.
- Online estimator. Kiwibank has an online calculator that can give you an indication of possible repayment size. This calculator is just an estimator: your true interest rates and repayment sizes will be determined by your credit history and current financial standing.
- Online application. You can apply for a car loan online, over the phone or at your local Kiwibank branch.
How much does the loan cost?
The overall cost of your loan will depend on its structure and detail. The size of the loan, the length of the loan and your financial history will determine the total cost.
The following fees may apply to your loan:
- $240 establishment fee
- $35 per late payment
- $1.50 payment handling fee per payment
How to apply for a Kiwibank car loanTo be eligible you must, at a minimum:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a New Zealand resident
- Have a New Zealand driver’s licence
- Have a regular, stable income
The vehicle you intend to purchase with your car loan must:
- Be comprehensively insured for the duration of the loan
- Have a current warrant of fitness (WoF) and registration at the time of purchase
- Be less than 20 years old at the time of purchase
When applying for a car loan you’ll need to provide:
- Identification. This includes your driver’s licence, residential address and email address.
- Verification of employment and income. You will need to demonstrate your ability to make repayments by providing your employment and income details. Kiwibank also requires you to present any loan, mortgage, rent or credit accounts owing.
Whether you’re a Kiwibank customer or not, a car loan from this provider is worth considering if you’re looking to purchase a vehicle over $6,000. Kiwibank’s interest rates, fees and charges are competitive, and application is a quick and easy online process.