Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa Review
Earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $120 of eligible spend and up to 44 days interest-free.
- Kiwibank is no longer accepting new applications for the Air New Zealand Standard Visa. Existing cardholders may continue to use their card. The information below is maintained for reference.
|Product Name||Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.95% p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Minimum Monthly Payment||5% of transaction value or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$5|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa
- Earn Airpoints Dollars. For every $120 you spend on eligible purchases, you earn 1 Airpoints Dollar. You can also earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $100 you spend directly with Air New Zealand. Airpoints Dollars can be redeemed for items in the online store, flights, upgrades, rental cars, travel insurance, fine wine and more.
- Lounge vouchers. When you spend a minimum of $30,000 per year on eligible purchases, you receive two complimentary Air New Zealand Lounge eVouchers.
- No expiry on Airpoints Dollars. Your Airpoints Dollars never expire as long as you are the primary cardholder and have a current credit card.
- Visa Offers and Perks. Take a look at the Visa website to discover discounts on entertainment, eating out and much more.
Features of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa
- Interest rate. The interest rate for both purchases and cash advances on the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa is 20.95% p.a.
- Account fee. Every 6 months, you are charged an account fee of $32.50.
- Interest-free days. When you pay off your credit card balance in full each month, you enjoy interest-free purchases for up to 44 days.
- Credit limit. The Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa has a minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- Monthly payments. Each month you are asked to pay $10 or 5% of your credit card balance, whichever is greater.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa, check that you understand the rate and fees and meet the eligibility criteria. To start your application, you can either visit your local branch or complete a form on the Kiwibank website.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have a good credit history and agree to a credit check
After completing the application form online, you’ll be contacted by Kiwibank in 1-3 working days with the outcome. You need to verify your identity and proof of address which can be done using RealMe if you have already set up a profile.
If you are not set up on RealMe, you can use ID Checker if you have a smartphone, or you need to take your documents into a branch for verification. To confirm your identity, you should take either your passport or your driver’s licence and a bank card with your signature and name on it. To verify your address, you need to take with you a recent bank statement, government letter, utility bill, or another acceptable document. Kiwibank will advise you on what documentation you need to prove your income and financial situation before approving your credit card application.