Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa Review
Earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $120 of eligible spend and up to 44 days interest-free.
With the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa, you can earn Airpoints Dollars faster than you would with Kiwibank’s Airpoints Low Fee Visa. While the interest rate and account fee are higher, it will take less time to take advantage of travel rewards and you are also eligible for complimentary lounge vouchers when you spend a minimum of $30,000 in one year.
Your Airpoints Dollars won’t expire as long as you hold a current credit card and you will go into the draw each month to earn more when you make a purchase.
|Product Name||Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa|
|Rewards Program||Air New Zealand Airpoints Programme|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.95% APR|
|Annual Fee||$65 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||22.95% APR|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||5% of transaction value or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$5|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa
- Earn Airpoints Dollars. For every $120 you spend on eligible purchases, you’ll earn 1 Airpoints Dollar. You’ll also earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $100 you spend directly with Air New Zealand. Airpoints Dollars can be redeemed for items in the online store, flights, upgrades, rental cars, travel insurance, fine wine and more.
- Lounge vouchers. When you spend a minimum of $30,000 per year on eligible purchases, you’ll get two complimentary Air New Zealand Lounge eVouchers.
- Balance transfer. During promotional periods, you’ll pay 0.0% interest on balances you transfer from non-Kiwibank credit cards for a specified time. The current promotion on offer is 1.99% p.a for 6 months.
- No expiry on Airpoints Dollars. Your Airpoints Dollars will never expire as long as you are the primary cardholder and you have a current credit card.
- Buy additional Airpoints Dollars. If you don’t have quite enough Airpoints Dollars for the reward that you would like, you can buy more online.
- Monthly prize draws. When you make an eligible purchase during the month, you’ll go into the draw to win Airpoints Dollars.
Features of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa
- Interest rate. The standard interest rate for purchases on the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa is 20.95% p.a. The interest rate for cash advances is 22.95% p.a.
- Account fee. Every 6 months you’ll be charged an account fee of $32.50.
- Interest-free days. When you pay off your credit card balance in full each month, you’ll enjoy interest-free purchases for up to 44 days.
- Credit limit. The Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa has a minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- Monthly payments. Each month you will be asked to pay $10 or 5% of your credit card balance, whichever is greater.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Standard Visa, check that you understand the rate and fees and that you meet the eligibility criteria. To start your application, you can either call into your local branch or complete a form on the Kiwibank website.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have a good credit history and agree to a credit check
After completing the application form online, you’ll be contacted by Kiwibank in 1-3 working days with the outcome. You will need to verify your identity and proof of address which can be done using RealMe if you have already set up a profile.
If you are not set up on RealMe, you will need to take your documents into a branch for verification. To confirm your identity you should take either your passport or your driver’s licence and a bank card with your signature and name on it. To verify your address you will need to take with you a recent bank statement, government letter, utility bill or another acceptable document. Kiwibank will advise you on what documentation you need to prove your income and financial situation before approving your credit card application.