Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa
Kiwibank’s fastest way to earn Airpoints Dollars and Status Points, with built-in overseas travel insurance.
Even though the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa has a higher account fee, it’s packed with benefits so you can be rewarded the more you spend. You’ll earn Airpoints Dollars faster than with any other Kiwibank Airpoints card plus you’ll accrue Status Points so you can move up the membership ranks with Air New Zealand’s frequent flyer programme.
This card gives you access to overseas travel insurance, Visa Concierge and a discount on the Koru programme, so if you like to travel, this card is worth considering.
|Product Name||Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa|
|Rewards Program||Air New Zealand Airpoints Programme|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.95% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$150 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$8,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||5% of transaction value or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$5|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa
- Earn Airpoints Dollars. For every $75 of eligible spend, you’ll earn 1 Airpoints Dollar. On other Kiwibank cards, you’ll need to spend between $120-$160 to get the same. You’ll also get 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $65 you spend directly with Air New Zealand.
- Status Points. You’ll earn 1 Status Point for every $200 of eligible spend on your Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa. As you earn more Status Points, you’ll move up the membership tiers with Air New Zealand and be able to reap more rewards.
- Travel insurance. Get overseas travel insurance for up to 40 days at a time for you, your spouse and dependent children when you use your card for prepaid flights, accommodation, rental car or tour.
- Lounge vouchers. When you spend a minimum of $30,000 in a 12 month period, you’ll qualify for two Air New Zealand lounge vouchers.
- Koru Membership. If you want to join the Koru programme for benefits when you travel, you won’t pay a joining fee and you’ll receive a discount of $145 off the annual fee.
- No Airpoints Dollars expiry. As long as you are the primary cardholder with a current card, your Airpoints Dollars won’t expire.
- Visa Concierge. Get help with restaurant and entertainment bookings plus travel coordination wherever you are in the world.
Features of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa
- Interest rate. The Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa comes with an interest rate of 20.95% p.a. for purchases and 22.95% p.a. for cash advances.
- Credit limit. This card has a minimum credit limit of $8,000.
- Account fee. Every 6 months you’ll be charged an account fee of $75.
- Interest-free days. Enjoy up to 44 days interest-free when you pay off your credit card balance in full each month.
How to apply
Before applying for the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Platinum Visa, make sure that you are comfortable with the minimum credit limit of $8,000, the interest rate and account fee.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can call into your local branch or fill in an application form online. Once you’ve submitted your form, you can expect to hear back from Kiwibank within 1-3 working days.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have a good credit history and agree to a credit check
Kiwibank will ask you to share your RealMe details so that they can check your identity. If you are not set up on RealMe, you’ll need to have your documents verified at a Kiwibank branch. You should take your passport or your driver’s licence and a bank card with your name and signature on it, plus a bank statement, government letter or utility bill as proof of address.
You will also need to prove your income, but Kiwibank will advise you on what documentation you need to do this.