Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa credit card
Take advantage of low fees, travel rewards and a lower interest rate on purchases.
It’s not often that a credit card will offer both rewards and low fees, but with the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa you don’t have to choose.
You’ll earn Airpoints Dollars just for using your card for everyday purchases and pay only $25 in account fees for a whole year.
This card also offers a lower interest rate of 16.9% p.a. on purchases, and you can transfer an existing credit card balance to pay only 1.99% p.a for 6 months p.a. interest for 6 months.
|Product Name||Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa|
|Rewards Program||Air New Zealand Airpoints Programme|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||16.9% APR|
|Annual Fee||$25 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||22.95% APR|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||5% of transaction value or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$5|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa
- Travel Rewards. For every $160 of eligible spend on your credit card, you’ll earn 1 Airpoints Dollar. If you make purchases directly with Air New Zealand, you’ll earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $140. Once you’ve accumulated enough Airpoints Dollars you can spend them on flights, upgrades, Air New Zealand services, gifts and merchandise, travel insurance, fine wine and more.
- Monthly prize draws. Each month that you make a purchase on your card you’ll go in the draw to win prizes of either 1,500 Airpoints Dollars or 100 Airpoints Dollars.
- No expiry for Airpoints Dollars. Your Airpoints Dollars will never expire if you are the primary cardholder with a current card.
- Transfer your balance. You may be able to transfer your balance from another card and pay 1.99% p.a. interest for 6 months.
Features of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa
- Interest rate. An interest rate of 16.9% p.a. applies to purchases. The interest rate for cash advances is 22.95% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay off your entire balance each month you’ll enjoy up to 44 days interest-free on purchases.
- Credit limit. The Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa has a minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- Monthly repayments. Each month you will need to pay either $10 or 5% of the balance, whichever is greater. If you pay off your card in full each month then you can enjoy up to 44 days interest-free.
How to apply
Before applying for the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa, make sure that you have compared the benefits and interest rate with other cards and that you meet the eligibility requirements.
You can visit your local branch to start your application, or complete the application form on the Kiwibank website.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have a good credit history and agree to a credit check
Once you have submitted your application form online, you can expect someone to respond to you within 1-3 working days.
You will need to verify your identity which you can do by sharing your details through RealMe. If you haven’t set up your RealMe profile, you’ll need to take your documents into a Kiwibank branch for verification.
Documents that you will need to show include your valid photo ID such as your passport or driver’s licence. If you are going to be using your driver’s licence then you will also need to take another bank card that has your name and signature on it.
You will also need to show proof of address. This can be either a recent bank statement, store account statement, government letter or utility bill.
Kiwibank will inform you of other documentation you may need such as bank statements or payslips to prove your income.