Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa credit card
Take advantage of low fees, travel rewards and a lower interest rate on purchases.
It’s not often that a credit card will offer both rewards and low fees, but with the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa you don’t have to choose.
You’ll earn Airpoints Dollars just for using your card for everyday purchases and pay only $25 in account fees for a whole year.
|Product Name||Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||16.9% p.a.|
|Annual Fee||$25 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Minimum Monthly Payment||5% of transaction value or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$5|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Benefits of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa
- Travel Rewards. For every $160 of eligible spend on your credit card, you earn 1 Airpoints Dollar. If you make purchases directly with Air New Zealand, you earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $140. Once you accumulate enough Airpoints Dollars you can spend them on flights, upgrades, Air New Zealand services, gifts and merchandise, travel insurance, fine wine and more.
- Monthly prize draws. Each month you make purchases using your card, you go in the draw to win prizes of either 1,500 Airpoints Dollars or 100 Airpoints Dollars.
- No expiry for Airpoints Dollars. Your Airpoints Dollars never expire if you are the primary cardholder with a current card.
- Transfer your balance. You may be able to transfer your balance from another card and pay 1.99% p.a. interest for 6 months.
Features of the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa
- Interest rate. An interest rate of 16.9% p.a. applies to purchases. The interest rate for cash advances is 22.95% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay off your entire balance each month you enjoy up to 44 days interest-free on purchases.
- Credit limit. The Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa has a minimum credit limit of $1,000.
- Monthly repayments. Each month you need to pay either $10 or 5% of the balance, whichever is greater.
How to apply
Before applying for the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa, make sure that you have compared the benefits and interest rate with other cards and meet the eligibility requirements.
You can visit your local branch to start your application or complete the application form on the Kiwibank website.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have a good credit history and agree to a credit check
Once you submit your application form online, you can expect someone to respond within 1-3 working days.
You need to verify your identity, which you can do by sharing your details through RealMe. If you are not set up on RealMe, you can use ID Checker if you have a smartphone, or you need to have your documents verified at a Kiwibank branch.
Documents that you need include a valid photo ID, such as your passport or driver’s licence. If you are using your driver’s licence, you also need to take another bank card with your name and signature.
You also need to show proof of address, either a recent bank statement, a store account statement, a government letter or a utility bill.
Kiwibank will inform you of other documentation you may need, such as bank statements or payslips to prove your income.
The bottom line
With low fees and a lower standard interest rate of 16.9% p.a., the Kiwibank Air New Zealand Airpoints Low Fee Visa could be an ideal choice if you like collecting rewards or travelling. However, if collecting Airpoints Dollars is not essential to you, but a low-interest rate is, some cards have even lower interest rates, so make sure you check these out before making a final decision.