Kiwi Car Loans review
Borrow up to $500,000 for your new vehicle, caravan, boat or motorcycle with secured or unsecured finance from Kiwi Car Loans.
Kiwi Car Loans have been providing vehicle finance to New Zealanders since 2013. Acting as a broker rather than a traditional lender, this provider compares finance deals from a large range of lenders to get you the best option to suit your needs.
As well as car finance, Kiwi Car Loans also provides loans for caravans, jet skis, boats, trailers and motorbikes.
6.95% - 19.95%
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Max. Loan Amount
Pros and cons
- Apply online and get approved any day of the week
- Access to a large range of finance options
- Reputable lenders
- Fast approvals
- 100% online process
- Loan and car insurance can be arranged
- You won’t know the total cost of your loan until you apply
- Interest rates can be as high depending on the lender
- Establishment fee higher for large loans
Main points to consider
Kiwi Car Loans does not provide loans directly, but works with a range of lenders to find the right car finance to suit your individual circumstances. This takes the hassle out of researching and applying to different providers, and the possibility of having multiple applications affecting your credit report. You may also get access to deals that are not available to the general public.
You can apply for a secured or unsecured loan, but having an asset to use as collateral means that you’ll receive a lower interest rate for your finance. You may be able to use your new car purchase as security.
The whole process including application, document verification and contract signing is done completely online, so you can secure the finance you need without leaving home or the office. If you prefer to do things in person, you can visit a branch to talk to a consultant face-to-face.
Kiwi Car Loans can also arrange various kinds of insurance that you might need for your loan or new vehicle purchase. These include comprehensive car insurance, short fall insurance and payment protection insurance.
Features of Kiwi Car Loan finance
- Loan amount and terms. You can borrow between $3,000 and $500,000 for your new vehicle with a loan term of between 1 year and 5 years.
- Interest rates. Interest rates start at 6.95% p.a. for secured loans. The maximum rate is 19.95% p.a.
- Daily approvals. Kiwi Car Loans is operational seven days a week so you can get approved if you apply on the weekend without having to wait for the next business day.
- Flexible repayments. You can choose to make your repayments weekly or monthly depending on when you receive your income.
How much does the loan cost?
You can use the loan calculator on the Kiwi Car Loans website to get an indication of how much your loan will cost based on different loan amounts, interest rates and repayment frequency.
For example, a $20,000 loan over 3 years at an interest rate of 13.95% p.a will have weekly repayments of $157. A $5,000 loan over 3 years with an interest rate of 9.95% p.a. will have weekly repayments of $37.
Bear in mind that the information from the calculator should only be used as an estimate. The total cost of your loan will depend on the terms agreed and the interest rate assigned to you by the lender.
An establishment fee is charged on all loans. This figure can range between $195 and $995 depending on how much you borrow and the lender that Kiwi Car Loans matches you with.
How to apply for a loan from Kiwi Car Loans
If you have compared your car finance options and want to apply with Kiwi Car Loans, just click the ‘Go to site’ button above. You’ll be asked to fill in your personal information and details about your employment and finances, so make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the appropriate documentation before you start.
If you’re not ready to apply just yet, you can get a quote by providing a few details and the amount you want to borrow.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid visa
- Have a regular income
- Have a NZ driver’s licence
Information and documentation
- A valid New Zealand driver’s licence
- Proof of address – a utility bill, bank statement, insurance policy letter or government letter
- A bank statement that is less than 30 days old
Kiwi Car Loans do the legwork for you. They have access to a number of reputable lenders, so all you have to do is choose a suitable secured or unsecured loan. Interest rates, loan terms and fees, vary depending on the lender. Kiwi Car Loans can source finance for a range of other vehicles, including caravans, jet skis, boats and motorbikes.