Send money to Swaziland
Here's how to send a quick, affordable and secure money transfer to Eswatini, formerly known as Swaziland.
Whenever you need to send money overseas, it’s a good idea to compare your options before you get started – it could save you lots.
In this guide, we’ll go through how you can get the most out of your transfer, plus all the tips and tricks to make sending money to Eswatini a breeze.
Compare money transfer services for Eswatini
The table below shows some of the different options available. Enter how much you want to send, and to which currency, into the table and it will do the maths to work out how much each option will cost.
Learn more about:
How to send money to Eswatini in a few simple steps
- Choose your service. Compare your options to find the one that’s right for you, then head to its website. Consider the limits and payment options of each provider to make sure you’re able to use it.
- Create an account. This usually involves providing and confirming an email address and providing some identification.
- Choose how you want it delivered. Different options include cash pick-up, bank transfer and mobile money app payments. Availability will vary between providers
- Fill out the transaction details. This includes the transfer amount, the currency you’re sending and the recipient’s information.
- Review the details. Double check all the details to make sure everything is in order.
- Send your money. The money will be deposited into your recipient’s account or available for collection in Eswatini.
- Wait for confirmation. You’ll typically receive email or SMS confirmation that your payment has been received and that the money is on its way, and when it’s been received.
How to compare money transfer services
- Exchange rates. The exchange rates can be very different for different providers. Check how many emalangeni (SZL) you get per New Zealand dollar sent. South African rand (ZAR) is also accepted in Eswatini, so if the rates are better that may be a more cost-effective currency to send.
- Fees. Check how much the provider charges in fees, and add it to the amount lost on exchange rates to get a sense of the total costs involved.
- Payment options. You may have to pick a different provider depending on whether you want to pay with credit card, bank transfer, cash deposit at a branch or other options.
- Pick-up methods. Consider whether you want the money transfer provider to deposit it directly in the recipient’s bank account, to make it available for pick-up or to send it to their mobile money app.
- Transfer times. How long does the transfer take? If you want the money to arrive as quickly as possible you may need to pay extra.
- Limits. Money transfer services will have different limits for different countries. Make sure the limits work for you.
- Customer service. Who do you contact if something goes wrong? Make sure you know how to contact your provider’s customer service line, along with which timezone they’re in and when they’re available.
What are the ways I can send money to Eswatini?
- Bank transfer. You can see if your bank offers money transfers for Eswatini. Availability will vary between banks, as will the currencies they offer. You’ll also typically pay higher fees and get worse rates than you would when making the same transfer through a dedicated money transfer service instead.
- PayPal and other apps. Certain payment providers will also help you send money to Eswatini. PayPal is one of them. But like banks, availability may vary and the rates and fees will often be higher than you’d pay with other services.
- Specialist money transfer service. Dedicated money transfer providers will typically offer some of the lowest fees and most favourable exchange rates on the market.
- Cash pick-up services. Some international payment providers will have cash pick-up locations around Eswatini, where transfers can be collected as cash.
- International cheque. You may be able to get an international cheque from your bank, which can be filled out and mailed to the recipient in Eswatini.
Emergency cash transfers in Eswatini
If you need to money to Eswatini fast, a cash transfer is often the most efficient option. While the fees may be higher, it may be the only option for sending money to Eswatini.
The funds can be picked up from one of the provider locations in the country.
Tips for picking up cash in Eswatini
Petty theft and robbery are common in major towns in Eswatini.
- Don’t pick up money alone
- Pick up money in a busy area during the day
- Be mindful of pickpockets or others who may have seen you pick up the money
Cash pick-up locations in Eswatini
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Remittance statistics We've unpacked the most recently available data from the World Bank to get an idea of how much money is being sent around the globe.
Finder's Starbucks Index Ever wondered how much a Starbucks tall latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
How to send money to Gabon Compare Gabon money transfer services to find a better deal.
Send money to the Balkans Find out how you can send money cheaply and quickly to the Balkans.
OrbitRemit international money transfers Take a look at OrbitRemit and see if it suits your money transfer needs.
Send money to Cameroon Compare your options before sending money to Cameroon to see if you can save on your next transfer.
Send money to China How to send money to China from New Zealand, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert New Zealand currency into Egyptian pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from New Zealand without delay.
Send money to India How to send money to India from New Zealand, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Bangladesh Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.