How to send money to Serbia
If you’re looking for ways to send money to Serbia, start by comparing exchange rates and transfer fees.
Serbia may be one of the smaller economies in Europe, but you can still find money transfer options when you need to send money to a loved one. The process doesn’t have to be expensive. By comparing exchange rates and fees, you can make a quick money transfer from New Zealand to Serbia without having to spend extra time — and money — settling for the first option you find.
Compare money transfer services to Serbia
How do I compare transfer companies when sending money to Serbia?
- Exchange rates. Besides what you pay for the transfer service, it’s important to choose a service that offers a competitive exchange rate.
- Pick-up methods. Check with your recipient to see which pick-up method would suit them best, especially if they’re not mobile or far from a pick-up location.
- Fees. Even if a service offers a competitive exchange rate, make sure that you aren’t being charged service or conversion fees for the transfer. Sometimes a good exchange rate is negated by additional fees.
- Turnaround time. Depending on how urgently your recipient needs the money, you can choose between services that offer instantaneous delivery (Western Union, for example) or those that make money available within one to three working days.
- Transfer methods. The quickest way to send money is usually via online transfer, but you can also choose transactions handled over the phone, in person or through your bank.
- Transfer options. Besides just a one-time transfer, you can also choose to set up regular scheduled payments, forwards contracts (which allow you to lock in an ideal exchange rate now and transfer the money later) and market orders (which allow you to take advantage of changing market conditions by executing the money transfer when a certain exchange rate is met).
- Minimum transfer amounts. Some services require that you send a minimum amount. In some cases, fees are waived for transfers over a certain amount.
What are the steps to send money to Serbia?
Sending money to Serbia from New Zealand is a relatively simple process. These instructions cover the basics, but remember, every provider may have slightly different steps.
- Compare your money transfer options in the table above.
- Click Go to site to be redirected to the provider’s website.
- Create an account and start a transfer.
- Provide your recipient’s information.
- Select the amount you want to send.
- Pay for your transfer and save your tracking number.
You can use your tracking number to follow up on the progress of your transfer.
Foreign exchange rates explainedExchange rate determines how much one currency will yield when traded for a different currency. The New Zealand dollar is strong against the Serbian dinar, which means you’ll be able to send more dinar for every dollar you spend. Keep in mind that this amount can fluctuate due to inflation, interest rates and other economic factors.
Emergency cash transfers in Serbia
The RSD isn’t a widely traded currency, but you may still be able to complete a quick transfer if you find the right provider. However, it may mean you pay more in fees and receive a less-than-optimal exchange rate. If your recipient can wait, it may make more economic sense to use normal processing times so you can save on fees and your recipient can get more when the transfer does arrive.
Tips for picking up cash in Serbia
Whenever you pick up cash, you should follow a few simple tips to keep you and your money safe from theft.
- Visit the agent location during business hours
- Bring along a friend
- Know your route home ahead of time
- Deposit your cash as soon as possible
Sending money to Serbia doesn’t have to be a difficult process. Because you may only have a few options, it pays to compare exchange rates and find a provider that doesn’t charge huge fees for every transfer. And if you’re looking for more details before you make a final decision, our guide on money transfers may prove to be a useful resource as you navigate a relatelively complex process.
Read more on this topic
Remittance statistics We've unpacked the most recently available data from the World Bank to get an idea of how much money is being sent around the globe.
Finder's Starbucks Index Ever wondered how much a Starbucks tall latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
How to send money to Gabon Compare Gabon money transfer services to find a better deal.
Send money to the Balkans Find out how you can send money cheaply and quickly to the Balkans.
OrbitRemit international money transfers Take a look at OrbitRemit and see if it suits your money transfer needs.
Send money to Cameroon Compare your options before sending money to Cameroon to see if you can save on your next transfer.
Send money to China How to send money to China from New Zealand, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert New Zealand currency into Egyptian pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from New Zealand without delay.
Send money to India How to send money to India from New Zealand, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Bangladesh Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.
Ask an Expert