How to send money to Norway
Find the best exchange rates and most convenient transfer solutions when you need to send money to Norway.
Compare international money transfers to Norway
Banks versus money transfer companies
You could use your bank to send an international money transfer, but if you want to save money on the transaction you should look elsewhere. Banks offer unimpressive exchange rates and high fees for sending money overseas.
You can find a much better deal if you approach a dedicated money transfer company to send your funds overseas. These companies, such as OFX and WorldRemit, offer better exchange rates and much lower fees than banks, allowing you to lessen the financial impact of your international transfer.
What are my options to send money to Norway?
- Bank transfers. A bank-to-bank transfer is a secure method of sending money overseas, but it can be costly when you aren’t exchanging major currencies.
- Online money transfer providers. Money transfer companies are another secure way of sending money to Norway. They often have lower fees and better exchange rates.
- Checks. This option is a slow but reliable transfer method.
- Money transfer companies with cash pickup options. These companies offer the convenience of fast transfers and multiple pickup locations.
- PayPal. PayPal offers secure international money transfers to Norway.
How to send money to Norway
- Compare your money transfer options in the table above.
- Click Go to site and register with the provider.
- Start a transaction, supply your recipient’s information and pay for your transfer.
- Save your tracking number or receipt to check the progress of your transfer.
Foreign exchange rates explained
Exchange rate is used to determine how much one country’s currency is worth when converted to the currency of another country. The New Zealand dollar is strong against the Norwegian krone, which means you’ll be able to get more kroner per dollar spent. However, this number is flexible and may change daily based on inflation, interest rates and overall economic stability of the two countries.
Emergency cash transfers in Norway
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you need to send an emergency cash transfer to Norway, you should be able to find a company that can get your funds to your recipient within minutes. Just be warned that you’ll need to pay extra for an quick transfer. This means higher fees and less favorable exchange rates. Always take a minute to carefully read over the details of your transaction and make sure you’re fully aware of exactly how much it is going to cost.
Tips for picking up cash in Norway
Your recipient may need to pick up cash when you transfer money to Norway, and that means they face some extra risks. Discuss locations where a transfer may be safer to ensure your recipient doesn’t become a target for theft when collecting their funds.
- Phone ahead to confirm an agent’s location and hours of operation.
- Only visit transfer agents in areas where you feel safe.
- Don’t let strangers see your cash.
- Visit a transfer agent with a friend so as to discourage would-be thieves.
- Deposit the funds you pick up into your bank account as soon as possible.
Read more on this topic
Remittance statistics We've unpacked the most recently available data from the World Bank to get an idea of how much money is being sent around the globe.
Finder's Starbucks Index Ever wondered how much a Starbucks tall latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
How to send money to Gabon Compare Gabon money transfer services to find a better deal.
Send money to the Balkans Find out how you can send money cheaply and quickly to the Balkans.
OrbitRemit international money transfers Take a look at OrbitRemit and see if it suits your money transfer needs.
Send money to Cameroon Compare your options before sending money to Cameroon to see if you can save on your next transfer.
Send money to China How to send money to China from New Zealand, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert New Zealand currency into Egyptian pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from New Zealand without delay.
Send money to India How to send money to India from New Zealand, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Bangladesh Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.
Ask an Expert