How to send money to Montenegro
Here’s how to send a quick, affordable and secure money transfer to Montenegro.
Montenegro may be a small Balkan nation, but that doesn’t mean you’re limited when it comes to sending money to a loved one. We make it easy to compare your rates, find the best money transfer company and get started on the process of wiring funds to Montenegro.
How to send money to Montenegro
Because Montenegro uses the euro as a currency, you’ll have a handful of options when you want to send money to a friend or family member.
- Choose a provider from the table below.
- Click Go to Site and register with your chosen provider.
- Start a transaction by giving your provider information about your recipient.
- Select how much you want to send and pay for your transfer.
- Save your tracking number to make sure your transfer succeeds.
Compare Money Transfer Services
What are my options for sending money from New Zealand to Montenegro?
- Specialist transfer providers. Companies such as OFX and CurrencyFair offer fast and affordable overseas transfers.
- Cash pickup transfer companies. MoneyGram and Western Union are the world’s two largest providers that allow your recipient to pick up cash wherever they live in Montenegro.
- Bank transfers. Bank transfers can be useful if you know you’ll be sending a lot of money and want it sent directly to your recipient’s bank account.
- International checks. Safe but slow, you can always mail an international check to Montenegro.
Banks versus money transfer companies
Instead of sending funds through your bank, compare your options to see whether you can find a more affordable deal from a money transfer company, such as OFX or CurrencyFair. These providers trade high volumes of foreign currency and may be able to offer much better exchange rates than banks. They also charge lower fees, so finding the right transfer provider can save you money.
Foreign exchange rates explainedWhen you want to send money to another country, you’ll need to take into account the exchange rate you’re being offered by your provider. It can change daily and is influenced by a number of factors, including the global economy and inflation. Even though Montenegro isn’t a member of the EU, it still uses the euro as a currency. Since the euro yields more when you exchange it for New Zealand dollars, you can expect to be pay a little more than a dollar for each euro you need to send.
Emergency cash transfers to Montenegro
When you need to get money to a friend or loved one in Montenegro as quickly as possible, an emergency cash transfer is the way to go. Some companies offer overseas transfers that can be completed within minutes. This may be extremely convenient, but make sure you’re aware of the cost. High transaction fees and lower exchange rates usually apply, so review the full cost of a transaction before you commit. If your recipient can wait even a day, you may be able to send more for less money with a normal money transfer.
Tips for picking up cash in Montenegro
Regardless of whether you’re in Montenegro or New Zealand, it always pays to take a few simple safety precautions when picking up cash.
- Only visit a transfer agent in a safe location.
- Avoid high-crime areas and avoid displaying your cash in public.
- Take a friend along with you to act as a deterrent to thieves.
- Don’t carry the money around with you for any longer than is necessary.
Read more on this topic
Remittance statistics We've unpacked the most recently available data from the World Bank to get an idea of how much money is being sent around the globe.
Finder's Starbucks Index Ever wondered how much a Starbucks tall latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
How to send money to Gabon Compare Gabon money transfer services to find a better deal.
Send money to the Balkans Find out how you can send money cheaply and quickly to the Balkans.
OrbitRemit international money transfers Take a look at OrbitRemit and see if it suits your money transfer needs.
Send money to Cameroon Compare your options before sending money to Cameroon to see if you can save on your next transfer.
Send money to China How to send money to China from New Zealand, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert New Zealand currency into Egyptian pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from New Zealand without delay.
Send money to India How to send money to India from New Zealand, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Bangladesh Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.
Ask an Expert