How to send money to Mongolia
Looking for the best way to send money to Mongolia? These money transfer tips should keep you from paying high bank fees.
Finding the best money transfer company can seem like a huge obstacle when all you really want to do is send a loved one a little extra cash to help out with everyday expenses. By comparing transfer fees and exchange rates, you can start cutting down on the time you spend searching for a good deal. These money transfer tips will help you get the most out of your dollars when you’re on the hunt to send money to Mongolia.
Compare Money Transfer Services
How do international money transfers work?
An international money transfer allows you to send money to a recipient overseas. Generally, a transfer involves you providing funds to a bank or an independent transfer provider, which then sends the money to your recipient in another country — in this case, Mongolia. This can be done in person, over the phone, through a mobile app or online. You can use cash, a credit or debit card, or transfer funds from your bank account, which will then either be deposited into your recipient’s bank account or mobile wallet, or made available as cash for them to pick up at a location in their country.
Steps to send money to Mongolia
- Start your search by comparing different money transfer companies that send to Mongolia.
- Register with the provider once you’ve found one with minimal fees and good exchange rates.
- Follow the provider’s transfer process, supplying information about you and your recipient.
- Complete the full money transfer application and select your payment method.
- Save your tracking number and follow up with your recipient to make sure they received their funds.
How do I compare transfer companies?
- Exchange rate. First look at whether the provider will actually let you send money to Mongolia. Then look at the currency the provider can send. For example, Western Union can make a cash payment to Mongolia in NZD opposed to MNT.
- Transfer time. The transfer time is based on the payment and collection options. Transfer time can be as quick as under 10 minutes or as slow as 6 business days. Paying for your transfer by bank deposit can add a couple of days to the transfer time. Cash and card payments clear almost instantly.
- Payment options. Most providers accept bank account deposits as a payment method. You can also pay for your Mongolian money transfer by credit or debit card in most cases.
- Collection options. Does the recipient want the money deposited into their bank account, or do they need to get cash quickly? This question will determine your choice of service.
- Fees. Most companies charge a fee to transfer your money around the world, though some will waive that fee for large transfers. The fee and the exchange rate determine how much your transfer will cost.
- Customer service. It can be reassuring if there’s a customer service agent on hand to answer any questions you may have about your money transfer to Mongolia.
Foreign exchange rates explainedExchange rate is determined by interest rates, both countries’ economic state and the global inflation rate. Because of this, your exchange rate may fluctuate from day to day. When sending money to Mongolia from the New Zealand, you’ll find that the NZD is strong — that is, your loved one will receive more tugrik for each dollar you send.
How do I send money to Mongolia from New Zealand?
- Bank transfers. Some major New Zealand banks offer wire transfers to Mongolia, but at a hefty price.
- Money transfer providers. Online providers can help you transfer money quickly and easily.
- Transfer companies with cash pickup. International cash payment services such as Western Union and MoneyGram can send cash to Mongolia in minutes, but transfer fees are higher than the other services. However, if speed is your main concern, compare these providers to send money to Mongolia quick.
- PayPal. You can send money abroad using your PayPal account.
Tips for picking up cash in Mongolia
Whether you’re picking up cash in Mongolia or any other country, take a safety-first approach. Use common sense, such as keeping your cash hidden and depositing it with your bank as soon as possible. Taking a friend along with you to collect the funds is also a good idea.
More guides on Finder
HostMonster discount codes and coupons November 2020 | 30-day money-back guarantee
HostMonster offers affordable and reliable web hosting services for individuals and businesses. Save with our promos.
The Co-operative Bank Fair Rate credit card
Transfer an existing balance and pay 0% p.a. for 12 months, plus enjoy a low interest rate and account fee with The Co-operative Fair Rate card.
WorldFirst World Account for online sellers
Read our guide to the WorldFirst World Account for online sellers, including info on supported currencies, fees and how to open an account.
Review: Payoneer for online sellers
Read our guide to Payoneer and how it can help marketplace sellers save money when receiving international payments.
Selling on Shopify vs Etsy
This guide for online sellers compares Shopify and Etsy side by side to find out which platform is easiest to use and offers the best value for money.
OFX global currency account for online sellers review
Our in-depth review of the OFX global currency account for online sellers, including supported currencies, fees, exchange rates and registration.
Review: Moneycorp online seller account
Your detailed review of the Moneycorp multi-currency account for online sellers, which is compatible with 14 marketplaces and can hold GBP, EUR and USD.
Best international money transfer services
Our picks for the best ways to send money internationally.
How to invest for your kids
Looking at investments for your child? Learn about some of the different options available when investing for kids.
ASB Visa Light credit card
No account fee, a low-interest rate and 0.0% interest on purchases over $1,000 for 6 months makes the ASB Visa Light worth considering.
Ask an Expert