Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Take advantage of low fees and competitive exchange rates when sending money to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Despite periods of instability in the region, Bosnia and Herzegovina continues efforts to maintain peace within its borders since the end of the Bosnian War. The country is a member of several international organisations promoting peace and is currently transitioning from a centrally planned economy to a market economy.
Compare Money Transfer Services
How do I compare transfer companies when transferring and receiving money via Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Here’s how to make sure you get the best value for your New Zealand dollars when sending money to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Exchange rates. Some services offer quicker delivery for a higher fee, while others offer low or zero fees but with a longer delivery delay. The idea is to find the combination that helps you save on transfer fees and guarantees the best exchange rate.
- Pick-up methods. Money can be deposited directly into the recipient’s account or the recipient can collect the funds in person at a designated pick-up point.
- Fees. Some services charge a transfer fee as well as a fee to convert your dollars into the local currency. Keep in mind that transfers to Bosnia and Herzegovina are expensive.
- Same-bank transfers. Transferring between accounts held at the same bank usually don’t incur any fees.
- Turnaround time. Transfer time differs from service to service, but most guarantee delivery within two to three business days.
- Transfer methods. Most services facilitate transfers online, via telephone or in person at a branch.
- Transfer options. Depending on the service, you can have your account set up to make regular payments to your recipients or market orders for investments.
- Minimum transfer amounts. Most money transfer services usually have a minimum amount you can send.
- Customer service. A good, reliable customer service department is essential. If you can’t get the information you need from the reference or tracking number, customer service should be able to answer your questions.
How do I send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina from New Zealand?
Not all money transfer companies and banks allow transfers to Bosnia and Herzegovina. Your best bet would be an international wire service like Western Union. Here are a few alternatives to consider.
- Ria Financial. This is a transfer service that will send money to your recipient online in minutes, but for a relatively high fee.
- WorldRemit. This online transfer service facilitates bank transfers between New Zealand and Bosnia and Herzegovina for a small fee.
How do I receive money from Bosnia and Herzegovina in New Zealand?
If you need to send money to New Zealand from Bosnia and Herzegovina, the best option is a money transfer service like MoneyGram or WorldRemit instead of a bank. Try one of the following online transfer services:
- WorldRemit. This service offers quick, cheap transfers between Bosnia and Herzegovina and New Zealand. You can finalise the transaction online or over the phone.
- Western Union. One of the most popular and widely available online transfer services, Western Union is one of the few transfer companies with pick-up locations in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Emergency cash transfers in Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you suffer a financial emergency while in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the quickest way to access funds is via online money transfer. Here’s how you could have money delivered in an emergency:
- Transfer service with pick-up locations. One way to quickly access money is through an online transfer companies like MoneyGram or Western Union.
- Travel insurance. Depending on the type of emergency and whether or not you’re eligible for cover, you can make a claim on your travel insurance policy.
Cash pick-up locations in Bosnia and Herzegovina/ Western Union / MoneyGram branches in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Western Union and MoneyGram are among the few that offer pick-up services in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Here are a few to keep in mind.
Stefana Nemanje Bb Istocno Sarajevo,
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm
Pavlovic International Bank
Nikole Tesle Bb Istocno Sarajevo 71123
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, Saturday 8am to 12pm
Kralja Petra I Karadjordjevica
Banja Luka, 78101
+387 051 211080
Open 7am to 8pm, Saturday 7am to 6pm
Poslovnica 1 U Banja Luci
Veselina Maslese 10
Banja Luka 78000
+387 36 356574
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 12pm
+387 33 711 330
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm
+387 33 277336
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm
Trg Republike Srpske 8
Banja Luka 78000
+387 51 329 472
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
HVB Central Profit Banka
Veselina Maslese 10
Banja Luka 78000
+387 51 224850
Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm
Tips for picking up cash in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The influx of migrants may impact public transport systems and delays at borders. Go with your travelling partner or ask a local from your hotel to accompany you. Check the opening hours before you go so that you’re not left waiting outside.
What are the steps to send money to Bosnia and Herzegovina?
You can send money from New Zealand to Bosnia and Herzegovina via online money transfer. MoneyGram, Western Union and WorldRemit are among the few that If you’re making a transfer for the first time, you’ll be asked to set up an account before the transfer can take place. Information required includes:
- Name and address
- Contact information
- Bank information
- Your recipient’s contact and bank information
Once you’ve requested the transfer, you’ll get a tracking number as a reference. The customer service staff will request this number should you have questions about your transaction.
More guides on Finder
How do we pick the top money transfer services?
Our top picks are our selection of the best money transfer services, based on our extensive research and market experience. Here’s how we choose them.
Review: Send international money transfers
If you’re thinking of transferring money overseas with Send, make sure you check out our review of its exchange rates, fees and transfer speed first.
New Zealand dollar to Bosnian convertible mark exchange rate
Live exchange rates New Zealand dollar to convertible mark. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to BAM.
A guide to finding the best prepaid SIM card when travelling to Bosnia and Herzegovina
Opting for a prepaid SIM card when travelling to Bosnia and Herzegovina means you could save on roaming charges.
WorldRemit: Conveniently send money overseas and pick up cash
WorldRemit is a money transfer service provider that allows you to send money to over 140 countries, with cash pick-up options and competitive fees.
PayPal international money transfer review
PayPal allows you to send money to friends and family all around the world. With the ability to send more than 20 currencies to more than 200 countries, this digital payments company provides quick and convenient international money transfers.
Ask an Expert