Instant cash loans compared
An instant cash loan can cover you when the unexpected happens.
There are times in life when you may find you need cash quickly, but a loan from a bank or other lender can take up to a week. Some brands specialise in instant cash loans with online approval, and they can give you the money you need in just a few hours. Find out how you can apply and receive funds today.
Instant cash loans comparison
Select ‘Compare’ in the table below to compare the turnaround time to receive funds across lenders.
How you can apply for an instant cash loan
Getting an instant cash loan is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Compare your options using the table above. Once you find the right lender, click “Go to Site”, review the loan terms and submit your application.
- Wait for the provider to approve the loan. You will usually get a response in 60 seconds.
- If you receive approval, you can get the cash on the same or next business day.
How much cash can I instantly borrow?
Instant cash loans can vary depending on the lender you apply with; the amount you earn and the state of your credit history. Some lenders limit the amount you can borrow on your initial loan, so it is essential to check the criteria of each lender before you apply. Most lenders offer loans of between $100 and $2,000, but others may provide amounts of up to to $5,000. If you ensure all the documents you need to apply are in order, you could potentially maximise your borrowing power.
What features will I get from instant cash loans of $100–$2,000?
Instant cash loans are small personal loans that you can receive quickly. Usually, lenders that offer these loans have flexible lending terms because of the nature of the loan. Here are some features of these type of loans:
- They are small, potentially manageable loans. Lenders generally offer anything from $100 to $2,000, but the amount the provider approves depends on your financial circumstances.
- They can serve any (legal) purpose. If your car has broken down or you need that last-minute gift for your partner, lenders design these loans to cover you until your next payday. They allow you to fund anything you may need (within the law). Bear in mind, the amount you borrow and the length of the lending term depends on your pay rate and how regularly you receive your income.
- Repayments are simplified. Instant cash loans differ from personal loans in that you have to pay the amount back in full rather than in monthly instalments, as is the case with personal loans. You can choose to pay back what you borrow, plus fees, on an agreed-upon date.
- They offer convenience. Many instant cash loan sites allow you to apply online and can approve your loan within minutes, making this a convenient way to access additional funds if necessary. The lender will typically transfer your loan within one business day.
Instant cash loans: What you need to knowThe one thing you will notice about instant cash loans is they have a higher cost than traditional loans. Take a look at the fees and rates and make sure it is manageable on your budget. Some lenders may also allow you to pay the loan back early, which is a great option because it will help you save on fees. There might be the temptation to keep using instant cash loans, but try not to do this, and only use them in an emergency.
Here’s why instant loans are growing in popularity
- The loans are convenient. You can apply for different types of credit by applying online. All you require is a computer, smartphone or a tablet. If you use an iOS or Android device, you can even find apps to help you apply for loans.
- The turnaround time is quick. Some online lenders transfer the funds into the nominated bank account on the day of application, while others may do this the following day.
- The eligibility criteria are flexible. You don’t need a perfect credit history to receive a quick money advance. Even with bad credit, you can access multiple options. However, it’s essential that you have a regular income and display the ability to manage the repayments.
- There is a range of options available. Applying for a fast cash advance presents multiple choices, which include payday loans; personal loans; personal lines of credit and bad credit loans. The Internet allows you to choose from a wider range of alternatives than a bricks-and-mortar establishment.
Why should I compare my instant cash loan options?
When you’re looking for a lender for instant cash, taking your time to do research may not be your priority. However, getting the right loan and the right provider will potentially save you a lot of trouble down the track. Here are a few reasons why making the effort to compare lenders at the osutet is in your best interest:
- You can avoid missing out. Are the lender’s fees competitive? Do you know how many loan options there are for unemployed borrowers? If you come to the market thinking you have no options, and you apply for the first loan you find, you may miss out on a better choice.
- You can filter out the dodgy lenders. Unfortunately, there are less-than-reputable lenders operating in the payday loans market. These lenders approve loans that borrowers cannot afford, then charge late fees when the borrower is late on repayments or defaults on the loan. It’s vital to compare and filter out these lenders to avoid them. Also, consider the following: Are the lender’s fees reasonable? Is the fee structure transparent? Is the lender easily contactable? Can you find reviews of the lender?
The benefits and drawbacks of instant cash loans
- Access to cash when you need it. Sometimes life can throw you a curve ball, and you need extra money for the expense. Instant cash loans can help you out of a tight spot.
- Online application process. If you need instant cash, you can apply from the comfort of your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- High fees. The higher risk for the lender means you will pay more fees for the convenience of the cash.
- Disreputable lenders. It’s important to do your research and compare loans before you apply online, to ensure your details are 100% safe and secure
Alternatives to an instant cash loan
- Payday loans. You can apply for a short-term loan, even if you have bad credit, as the lender focuses more on your current financial situation. If you apply in-store, you can get the money you need almost immediately.
- Personal loans. Some banks provide same-day personal loans to its existing customers, and you can even apply online through Internet banking. Some online providers of personal loans give you access to funds on the same day.
- Overdraft. Good creditworthiness or a longstanding positive relationship with your bank can help you access quick money. You can apply for an overdraft facility linked to your existing transaction account using your bank’s online banking system. This way, you have access to extra money as and when you need it.
- Credit card cash advance. Using your existing credit card for a cash advance is an option. If this is possible, you just have to visit your closest ATM. When getting a credit card cash advance, remember you might have to pay higher interest in comparison to how much you pay for purchases, but some cards also offer low cash-advance rates.
- Other alternatives. You don’t necessarily have to borrow to get quick cash. Consider selling unwanted things you own through websites such as Trade Me or eBay. You could also consider having a garage sale to make the money you need.
- Is there a way to make sure I receive approval?
While there’s no magic trick to getting your application across the line, it helps to know how the application process works to avoid mistakes. All cash advance companies need to see verification of your income. Lenders usually ask for 90 days worth of bank statements to verify your income, and you may also need to provide Work and Income documents or your payslips. Your bank statements can be submitted as a PDF or by giving the lender secure, read-only access to your account. Cash lenders also need to verify your identity, which can be in the form of a driving licence, passport number or 18+ card.
How can I find out if I’m eligible?
You usually have to be over the age of 18 and receive a regular income to apply for a cash loan, but this income may be from Work and Income. The eligibility criteria for instant cash loans are typically less stringent than other personal loans. Most lenders focus on your income and current financial situation rather than your credit history. Some lenders allow you to repeatedly borrow from them if you prove yourself to be a responsible borrower and it may increase the amount you can borrow.
How can I find the right instant cash loan for me?
When comparing instance cash loans, pay attention to these aspects:
- Check the turnaround time. When you need quick cash, the turnaround time is crucial. While getting a cash advance within the hour is possible, you typically have to apply well within business hours. You also have to make sure you have all the required documents, and receiving a cash loan on the same day has similar requirements. In most cases, providers of online cash advances transfer funds into your nominated bank account by the next business day.
- What interest rate will the lender charge? The type of credit you receive has a significant bearing on the interest rate. For example, payday loans usually attract noticeably higher fees (represented as a percentage) than personal loans. Your creditworthiness and the lender you work with also affect the interest rate you get.
- Is there transparency in the fees? Hidden fees can quickly add to the cost of a loan. Work with a lender who offers a transparent fee structure. Find out how much you may have to pay in application fees; loan disbursement fees; late payment fees and prepayment penalties.
- Loan term. Picking the right loan term can make your loan more cost-effective. While extending a loan term leads to lower periodical repayments, it increases how much you pay in interest, and vice versa.
Getting a quick loan can be easy, providing you meet some basic criteria. However, given the number of options on offer, it’s essential you compare a wide range before deciding which loan is right for you.Back to top
Ask an Expert