How to cancel your Netflix account with ease
If you're switching providers or taking some time off bingeing shows like House of Cards and Bodyguard, here's how to cancel your Netflix membership.
Streaming services don’t always make their cancellation procedures clear. Thankfully, you can cancel your Netflix subscription with little hassle. The directions below show you how to cancel your Netflix subscription.
Canceling your Netflix account
- Visit netflix.com/nz from a browser on your desktop or laptop.
- If you’re already signed in, skip ahead to step three. If not, sign in using the username and password you chose when you started your subscription.
- Hover your mouse over the username or user icon in the top-right corner of the home screen.
- In the drop-down box, click “Account“.
- On the “Account” screen, click “Cancel Membership” (located near the top of the screen underneath Membership and Billing).
- On the next screen, Netflix gives you an exact date (e.g. 22/12/ 2018), which is the date your account is paid up to and when your subscription officially ceases.
- Click “Finish Cancellation” to complete the cancellation process.
Cancelling Netflix? Why not try these streaming services for free
If you’ve had enough of Netflix, there are plenty of other ways you can get your entertainment fix.
Ask an Expert