Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Dash (DASH) in New Zealand
Learn how to buy Dash (DASH) on 25+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Dash (DASH) on a cryptocurrency exchange like FTX. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Dash (DASH) is a cryptocurrency that aims to make digital cash more usable. Here's how to buy Dash.
How to buy Dash in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Dash is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, wire transfer, silvergate exchange network (sen) and signature signet payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Dash You can now exchange your funds for Dash. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Dash to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Dash in New Zealand
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade DASH by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Dash?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in New Zealand to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Dash?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Dash.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing DASH with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Dash with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy DASH with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy DASH on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase DASH by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for DASH on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Dash?
The easiest way to buy DASH is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying DASH, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Dash has been performing recently.
Best Dash wallets to store your DASH
You can keep your DASH on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Dash a good investment?Cryptocurrencies are complicated, volatile and highly speculative, so you’ll need to be fully aware of all the risks involved before buying or holding any cryptocurrency. If you’re thinking of buying DASH, consider the following factors first:
- Availability. DASH is listed on an extensive range of global cryptocurrency exchanges, which not only makes it easily accessible for traders around the world but also increases the coin’s credibility.
- Market competition. Dash faces stiff competition from a number of other popular cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ripple (XRP) and Litecoin (LTC), as well as privacy coins like Monero (XMR) and PIVX (PIVX). The popularity and adoption of Dash relative to these and other competing coins will be an important factor that affects its value.
- Emission rate. Dash’s variable block reward decreases at a rate of 7.1% per year. According to the Dash white paper, “Dash will continue to emit coins for approximately 192 years before a full year of mining creates less than 1 DASH. After 2209, only 14 more DASH will be created. The last DASH will take 231 years to be generated, starting in 2246 and ending when emission completely stops in 2477.”
- Decentralized governance. Dash features a decentralized governance and voting system where any member of the community can submit a proposal for a new feature or change to the Dash network, and proposals are then voted on by masternodes.
Additional information about Dash can be found using our DASH analysis tools.
Today's Dash price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Dash ($45.09 USD) against its all-time-high price of $1493.59 USD on 20 December 2017. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer DASH is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: December 20, 2017
Dash ATH: $1493.59
How to trade, convert or sell DashYou can convert or sell your DASH with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have DASH on.
- If you store your Dash in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of DASH you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Dash.
- Complete your transaction and move your DASH to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Dash, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of DASH is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Dash or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ADAPad, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ADAPAD.
Paribus (PBX) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Paribus, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PBX.
JET (JET) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy JET, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on JET.
Fodl Finance (FODL) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Fodl Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FODL.
Cardstarter (CARDS) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Cardstarter, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CARDS.
Nominex (NMX) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nominex, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NMX.
Loom Network (OLD) (LOOMOLD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Loom Network (OLD), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LOOMOLD.
Router Protocol (ROUTE) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Router Protocol, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ROUTE.
() price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy , lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on .
SafeCoin (SAFE) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy SafeCoin, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SAFE.
Ask an Expert