Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy BiLira (TRYB) in New Zealand
Learn how to buy BiLira (TRYB) in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy BiLira (TRYB) on a cryptocurrency exchange like FTX. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. BiLira is a blockchain-based financial platform responsible for the governance of TRYB, a stablecoin pegged to the Turkish Lira in a ratio of 1:1. Here's how to buy BiLira.
How to buy BiLira in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy BiLira is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, wire transfer, silvergate exchange network (sen) and signature signet payments are widely accepted.
- Buy BiLira You can now exchange your funds for BiLira. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your BiLira to your personal wallet.
Where to buy BiLira in New Zealand
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade TRYB by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy BiLira?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in New Zealand to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy BiLira?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading BiLira.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing TRYB with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy BiLira with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy TRYB with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy TRYB on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase TRYB by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for TRYB on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy BiLira?
The easiest way to buy TRYB is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying TRYB, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of BiLira has been performing recently.
Best BiLira wallets to store your TRYB
You can keep your TRYB on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is BiLira a good investment?
TRYB is a stablecoin that can be minted only via the BiLira ecosystem. Unlike most other cryptos available in the market today that are faced with a lot of volatility, TRYB’s value is pegged to the Turkish Lira and is therefore somewhat regulated. Here are a few core aspects of the project worth considering before investing in it:
- Unique minting setup:As per it’s whitepaperwhitepaper TRYB is designed in such a way that it can only be minted when an equal amount of Lira is deposited within the network. Furthermore, the tokens can be accrued once an investor has successfully completed their identity verification via BiLira’s native KYC module.
- High transaction throughput:Owing to the fact that BiLira harnesses the power of the Avalanche network, it is able to process a total of 4,500 transactions per second. Not only that, the blockchain utilizes a novel consensus protocol that has been shown to confirm transactions in a matter of 1 second or less. Lastly, Avalanche has been founded by a team of well known scientists including Professor Emin Gün Sirer, Maofan Yin and Kevin Sekniqi. Infact, Gun Sirer has previously served as an associate professor of computer science at Cornell University, and is currently the co-director of IC3, a crypto-oriented initiative consisting of faculty members from Cornell University, Cornell Tech, UC Berkeley, UIUC, amongst others.
- Cross Chain interoperability:A highly underrated facet of the BiLira ecosystem is that it allows users to make seamless cross chain swaps between the Ethereum and Avalanche network.
- Future ready operational design:BiLira is designed to help bridge the gap that currently exists between the trad-fi economy and digital assets by offering clients a highly advanced on/off-ramp solution — usable by crypto traders, investors, etc — to not only combat volatility related issues but also spur the growth of the DeFi market.
Additional information about BiLira can be found using our TRYB analysis tools.
Today's BiLira price versus ATH
Compare today's price of BiLira ($0.058274 USD) against its all-time-high price of $0.172011 USD on 15 December 2019. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer TRYB is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: December 15, 2019
BiLira ATH: $0.172011
How to trade, convert or sell BiLiraYou can convert or sell your TRYB with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have TRYB on.
- If you store your BiLira in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of TRYB you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of BiLira.
- Complete your transaction and move your TRYB to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including BiLira, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of TRYB is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the BiLira or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in New Zealand
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ADAPad, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ADAPAD.
Paribus (PBX) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Paribus, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PBX.
JET (JET) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy JET, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on JET.
Fodl Finance (FODL) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Fodl Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FODL.
Cardstarter (CARDS) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Cardstarter, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CARDS.
Nominex (NMX) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nominex, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NMX.
Loom Network (OLD) (LOOMOLD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Loom Network (OLD), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LOOMOLD.
Router Protocol (ROUTE) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Router Protocol, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ROUTE.